Reviews for Tranquil Violence
RKF22 chapter 16 . 1/29/2013
nice work keep it up
Gohan's Fury chapter 15 . 1/15/2013
I absolutely loved this story in the beginning. It was one of the most original takes on Gohan and Videl's relationship that I had read that did not end up completely strange unenjoyable or leave me angry and disappointed. It really was magical and left me craving more even when there was no more left. With these last few chapters, though as Hercule has taken more of a role, my excitement has started to die down. I don't mind Hercule - in fact he provides some good conflict - but somehow the story has lost something. Maybe it's the absence of the dojo, which I thought you portrayed excellently and really added to the overall feel of the story. It could also be the subtle change in Gohan's behavior, which does make some sense given the home environment, but still, he feels much more ordinary and predictable. I would love to see the story shift back to its original tone and atmosphere.

All that being said, the story is still phenomenal. You guys have managed to write one of my favorite Gohan x Videl stories ever. Keep up the excellent work. I will anxiously await the next chapter.
iheartanime434 chapter 15 . 1/13/2013
*-* pure awesomeness. As always. Great chapter!

Serena
Dbzlover500 chapter 15 . 1/12/2013
Don't do it Mark! Don't do it! Punch him in the face and go, JUST SAY NO!
Ky111 chapter 15 . 1/9/2013
Interesting story I was really enjoying it earlier on when the dojo was first getting established and when it first opened and still am now although the plot seems to be slowing down a little and I can't really get a fix on where this story is heading (which is also partially a good thing as it keeps me wondering). Is there a level Satan wont stoop please if Videl finds out what he has planned he'll really be sorry. I wonder if Gohan and the others know or suspect Hercule was responsible for burning down the dojo, I think they would as they know fires don't start themselves but it would be like them just to look the other way (but if they do know I wonder how many more of Hercules antics and attempts at sabotage they will tolerate before they take action).

I like how the Gohan and Videl relationship is building up, even tho it mostly seems one sided towards Videl although in this last chapter (or was it the previous chapter anyway doesn't matter) that Gohan feels a similar way he is just either not showing it as easily or just isn't as infatuated as Videl is yet. Although part of me thinks it would be a great twist if he actually didn't think anything more of Videl then as a student and it turned out he's been dating Lime or someone for a couple of years. Also just wanted to mention that I guess it's obvious that Gohan has continued his training and has even decided to make a living out of it which I like this concept it's a job that would also allow him to continue his own training as well.

Until the next one.
dcp1992 chapter 15 . 1/7/2013
Great chapter and love the Gohan/Videl parts. Hercule sucks, I'm hoping Mark doesn't do it, but I guess he will. Hopefully he cannot separate them though, or no for long. Update soon!
chaos267 chapter 15 . 1/7/2013
Ohhh things just got real... Really enjoying this keep it up guys i would like to see more soon
KaosMoshpit chapter 15 . 1/7/2013
Ohhhhhh god hercule you caniving bastard
Jrik23 chapter 15 . 1/7/2013
So I guess this is the point in the story where Mark can either choose money and fame over his sister and training. I don't like Hercule, so I can see him remaining the antagonist in this story. But Mark on the other hand, can remain neutral with only his desire to stay stronger than his sister as all siblings do. The sibling rivalry between Videl and Mark is refreshing compared to the brotherly bond between Gohan, Goten and Trunks. If Mark chooses to side with his father for the money I believe that it should be with trepidation and only lasting a small amount of time before informing his sister of his father’s intent.

The story has not reached any sort of peak and is only raising with no implication of a crescendo anytime soon. I hope that something really interesting happens soon.
kidneysrgood chapter 15 . 1/7/2013
You'd think a martial artist would know better than smoking or drinking. That completely fucks up your heart rate and lung capacity and so on.
Flamelord99 chapter 15 . 1/7/2013
Oh, I like this. Your testing Mark's character by giving him this. Will he become the older brother who is beginning to regret his treatment of his sister, or will he become the selfish brother who will do anything he can to ruin his little sisters life?

Keep going with your writing.
RKF22 chapter 15 . 1/7/2013
great update keep it up
saphren chapter 14 . 12/29/2012
Hercule had that coming. Gohan and Videl's interactions are fun to read.
Indalecio246 chapter 14 . 12/29/2012
Was chapter 14 posted before? Felt like I've read this previously.
Zuchiku chapter 14 . 12/22/2012
Nice story, things are just starting to get interesting between Gohan and Videl. Wondering what Hercule is going to do next and how things between him and Mark going to be. Also Mark seems to like to show off, is he really respecting his new teachers?
327 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »