Reviews for The Hogan Zone: The Key of Time
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 4 . 8/29/2011
Hmmm, how does the Colonel know everything? If I were living this instead of reading it, I'd be as confused as older Kinch. Still, I'm excited to see what Hogan does once he's sure he's figured the situation.

A great chapter, and thanks for incorporating the footnotes and the wonderful historical references.
Jinzle chapter 4 . 8/29/2011
As an old signal gal I really enjoyed the realism you put into this story. Can't wait until you post the next chapter.
Six of Twelve chapter 4 . 8/29/2011
Great chapter, especially the details about radio transmission and the bits about the Ardennes Offensive.

And old Kinch's irritation with his inability to figure out who was sending to him reminded me that, no matter how old he was, he was still the Kinch we know.

Am I wrong in thinking that these communications will lead to a way to save Hogan and the others at the end?
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 4 . 8/29/2011
I'm loving this! Totally Twilight Zone not just for James Kinchloe in 1986, but Sergeant Kinchloe just before the Battle of the Bulge! (Very good depiction of his frustration with that situation, BTW.)

And Hogan's dragged into the Zone as well. And just what was the message Hogan sent to future Kinch, and what was the reply? I'm dying to know.
emeraldarrows chapter 3 . 8/28/2011
This is a very well researched and unusual fic so far and I'm really enjoying it! It's a real pleasure to see a fanfic that for a change isn't Newkirk whump.:)
jodm chapter 3 . 8/24/2011
Just got back into reading Hogan's Heroes stories after wandering around in the Hawaii Five-O universe for several months and found this wonderful, poignant story. I love its focus on Kinch and his feelings and am most definitely wanting more. This story is going on my "favorites" list!
Goldleaf83 chapter 3 . 8/23/2011
I’ve read all three chapters at once, so I’ll tackle the story as a whole so far. I’ve wondered about Kinch too: I think the writers of the show were very mindful about how they constructed his character, so there’s a lot to explore with him. You ask some significant questions in your opening author’s note. Plus, I don’t mind dark parts to a story: since conflict is what drives plot, and this is a war story, some darkness in theme and character makes plenty of sense.

I like how you’re building his character through these leisurely scenes, giving us a vivid picture of his contemporary life while you gradually suggest what happened in the past. Very tantalizing, and psychologically realistic: Kinch knows what happened! His state of mind is clearly key, with a double dose of survivor’s guilt. His sense of loss from his wife’s death is clearly part of what is calling up all the problems with the loss of his buddies in the war. And what you reveal of his post-war life makes a great deal of sense. Staying in the army (which means a good chance of having gone to Korea) seems like a natural course for Kinch, for exactly the reasons you recount. Your two generals are good portraits: nice version of Barton, and the episode with Myers really works well and gave me a chuckle. Kinch keeps his cool usually, but if he was going to lose it he’d do it over the colonel. I also have to say I love how you paint your word pictures with such vivid physical details (all the snow, what Kinch sees out the window, etc.), and especially how you work all the technical details in on the radio. You seem to really know your stuff on that! All the historical notes are wonderful too.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 3 . 8/23/2011
Oh, I love the way you portray Kinch and let us get inside his head. His affectionate memories of his buddies at Stalag 13 made me smile and sniffle at the same time.

It's all so real, I can just see Kinch shuffling around his house and fiddling with the radio. But again you leave us with tantalizing questions! Who was the crazy bastard who shot Hogan, Newkirk, LeBeau, Carter and presumably himself? And why? There's an obvious answer, considering your 'major' nemesis, but I'm not willing to bet on it.

Some really nice touches, with General Barton and General Myers doing the right thing. And sad ones, with Kinch mourning his wife as well as his friends. And the spooky one, with the radio glowing AFTER it was unplugged!

You've been so nice about updating frequently, I hope you continue!
Susan M. M chapter 3 . 8/23/2011
Good chapter! I especially liked the bit with Gen. Myers and the Air Force general.
Susan M. M chapter 2 . 8/23/2011
This reminded me of my second or third cousin, who was a sergeant in Korea when the battle started in the morning, and the highest ranking man left alive when the battle ended. He retired a colonel. So, yes, that is believable to happen to Kinch. Liked his definitions of Purple Heart and DSC, also liked his mailman memories. Very sorry that his kids and grandkids haven't called yet.
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
Poor Kinch! Great beginning, btw.
ColHogan chapter 3 . 8/23/2011
Hogan, Newkirk, LeBeau and Carter? All dead? You are evil as a previous reviewer commented. Character death stories are not exactly my forte, but this one is interesting, and I'm taking you at your word that there will be a happy ending to this story. And as for needing a lawyer, I think you should consider getting one as I'm sure Hogan will come after you. Can't wait to see more of how Hogan and the others died and more of Kinch's guilt over being alive.
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 3 . 8/23/2011
Oh dear, I can see why you're looking for a lawyer. I hear Gomez Addams from the Addams Family is available. You might be able to persuade Perry Mason to come back, or try Jack McCoy from Law and Order.

I'll be honest. Stories with character death and a lot of angst aren't my first choice for reading BUT I'm enjoying this because you're doing it very well. Kinch is feeling sorry for himself, obviously, but not in an obnoxious way (which would make him OOC) and the radio certainly seems like a ray of sunlight through his depression. You've struck a nice balance between angst and happy moments. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Six of Twelve chapter 3 . 8/23/2011
I know someone is eventually going to answer him on the radio - I can't wait to see who it is.
Jinzle chapter 3 . 8/23/2011
Carter, LeBeau and Newkirk too! Your an evil, evil man. I hoping you'll give more details about what happened to them. Can't wait for the next chapter.
57 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »