Reviews for The Hogan Zone: The Key of Time
seniorpowofficer chapter 3 . 8/23/2011
You had me and three of my men shot and killed? And you're torturing Kinch now as well? How could you? You obviously didn't learn anything after the last time. I see my men and I will have to add you to our list of authors we're still seeking to bring to trial. You'd better find yourself an attorney.
ColHogan chapter 2 . 8/23/2011
I really like these glimpses into Kinch's life as there are so few stories that take a really intimate and detailed look into the character. But the hint that the others may not have survived the war is a bit hard to take as are the other hints that mentioned. I use to watch the Twilight Zone(the original. The remake stunk).I somehow hope Colonel Hogan and the others can somehow help ease Kinch's survivor's guilt. And to answer your question in the author's note: Beware of the boysfrombarrackstwo coming after you again.
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 2 . 8/23/2011
Well, I think Sgt. Moffitt put my feelings about this chapter best, so I won't rehash all the same points. What stood out for me especially was the little details, such as the medals (thanks for the footnote by the way, I quite enjoyed reading it,) Audie Murphy and his memories of the radio. I especially enjoy pieces where authors take the time to find ways to work them into their stories. It really made their work come alive for me.

Looking forward to more!
Jinzle chapter 2 . 8/23/2011
Loved it. I wonder at all the hints you put in this chapter. The Colonel? I need to know more. Awaiting your next chapter with baited breath (no I haven't eaten any worms.)
St PA chapter 2 . 8/23/2011
So far this story is very sad because of the hints. I kinda don't want to read anymore, but am curious as to how everything will turn out OK. As you mentioned that you "borrowed" from the Twilight Zone, (because of the old radio) I can think of one thriller-type TV story in which a grown son was able to communicate with his young father in the past through a short-wave radio. With the son's current knowledge of the past, he was able to warn his father of potential dangers and, saved his father so that he was alive and well living with his son in the present. From your title, I hope that Col Hogan (and may be the others) will converse with Kinch and help ease his guilt. I still feel dejected about all the team possibly not surviving the war.
Six of Twelve chapter 2 . 8/22/2011
Another good chapter. I could feel Kinch's regrets over the things that happened years ago, as well as the heaviness of his empty life now. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 2 . 8/22/2011
Bit by bit you're getting us into Kinch's life, the way he thinks, and his memories...little hints of some of the horrors he experienced, and the courage he must have had to deal with those horrors, even a little humor - "Is this trip really necessary?"

But those hints! He was the only one who survived? The Colonel lying on the floor, blood oozing? All those medals he earned...These things are interspersed with the details of an old man's daily life and the memories of other, happier times, and every sentence brings us a deeper understanding of Kinch, but there is a sense of a mystery that is yet to unfold. I really want to know more about the man and what happened to him to bring him to this point. Why does this hero consider taking his own life? What happens in his nightmares?

Interesting that Kinch has a son named Robert. Interesting, too, that after he starts rebuilding the old backup radio from camp, the bedside drawer with its pistol is forgotten. A good sign?

But to answer the question in your disclaimer: Yes.
Jinzle chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
Oh boy, a fic about Kinch, my favorite Hero. Can't wait to read more. I better not have to wait too long 80's. I know a certain Major that has been looking for you... MAHAHAHAHAHA!
ColHogan chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
Whoa! Interesting beginning and definitely different from your usual stories. I like the title as well. Poor Kinch, old and alone and feeling his life has no meaning or purpose. I could picture him as he sat in his bedroom contemplating ending things. Glad he didn't. Here's hoping things end happily for Kinch.
Six of Twelve chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
Good start. I could just picture Kinch sitting there old and alone. I'll be interested to see what you do with this story.
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
Whoa is right! Wasn't quite expecting that, but I half a feeling we'll be treated to a happy ending soon. In the meantime, poor Kinch!

Very nice writing style here. Looking forward to more.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
Whoa, what a great start. As usual, your writing is very literate and intriguing. So far the story is sad, but I have high hopes that "The Hogan Zone" will turn that around!
57 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4