Reviews for Sleeper in the Cave
Aberron chapter 10 . 11/16
I took my time with this one. Your description and love of the Mysticism spell school is so lovely. Few authors or loremasters for Bethesda even care about it. I love the mage/thief background. So well done and so crisp.

I'll be adding this to my Community and everything else. No matter how long it takes to update, me and my friends will happily wait for it.
Oreo Stories chapter 10 . 10/31
Please tell me you're going to continue through the Elder Scrolls series. Your work is amazing, and I'd love to see what you think of Sheogorath's DLC.
StarryNaz chapter 1 . 8/31
OMG. I'm SO HAPPY! I finally found this story in my archives and archives of books..
Whoo! I really liked this story! I even remembered the dream line and it's been FOREVER! And I remember where I left off :D

Bye now,
-Nazzy Pants
Werde Spinner chapter 9 . 6/8
I NEED MORE OF THIS CHARACTERIZATION OF NEREVAR. (AND THE NEREVARINE.) DESPERATELY.
Werde Spinner chapter 2 . 6/8
I died of laughter at the part about the usual method for testing for an ingredient's effects. XD
AnonymousInkBlot chapter 9 . 4/3
I had actually forgotten how much I loved this story- re-reading it and reading this new chapter was so much fun. It has a great tone and pace, and I really enjoy the way you write Ajira (though all of the writing and characters are really good.)
Thankyou for taking the time to revisit and update this-as someone who stumbled upon this story a few years back, it was lovely to see it updated :)
Lightsaviour2759 chapter 9 . 3/29
Damn this one's good hope the updates continue regularly
Rinnala Llethan chapter 9 . 3/28
Yay! I'm so glad you're back :D

This was a great chapter, I especially loved the bits with Nerevar and Dumac (and Adryn and Varvur, and Sosia and Hisin, and... err, everything? pleasedon'tmakemechoose). The digs about Almalexia. And Akulakhan. Ouch. So much giggling.

... I'm also wary, intrigued, and incredibly excited to see what hare-brained plan Adryn has dreamed up, because I suspect it's going to go wrong in new and hilarious ways.
Warden of Lore chapter 7 . 11/9/2015
please romance ervesa she's awesome and this is adorable as fuck
Newtinmpls chapter 8 . 1/2/2014
I love her delightfully creative sarcasm. You have created a wonderful and likable (very important!) anti-hero here, and it's a pleasure to read.
Newtinmpls chapter 5 . 1/1/2014
oh my god I love Ajira's description of Nalcarya. This is what I like in a Morrowind fic; you have put meat on the bones of the game, and it's pretty darn tasty too.
AnonymousInkBlot chapter 8 . 10/21/2013
Ahaha. As amusing as ever - I have very much enjoyed these last two chapters. Well written.
And honestly, some people need to have more faith in Adryn .
SM-Dreamer chapter 8 . 10/2/2013
Excellent chapter, that again left me very much amused. I love how you portray the NPC's; you give them so much life and personality that makes them feel real. You are also very good with Adryn's interactions with them, the pull between common sense (that isn't as common as it ought to be) and altruism. Her inner monologues are amazing, her back story wonderfully filled in with hints of funny memories that have associations with whatever trouble she finds herself in, and she manages to get herself out of trouble by getting herself into new trouble! It's really, really good.

Other things I love: how you make the world of Morrowind come alive, how you are doing quests without making them feel like quests, and how generally brilliant your writing is overall.
harmoniedusoir chapter 8 . 9/27/2013
Every new chapter from you is a delightful surprise - I never know what's going to happen, but it always ends up being incredibly funny! Teleportations, and Redorans, and naked Nords! Oh, my!

I thought it was a great idea to play around with the teleportation! It was definitely unexpected. We almost always only see spells going right or not working at all, so it was nice to have some humorous middle ground.

Speaking of humorous, Adryn's inner commentary was ever-hilarious, and I also think this chapter definitely starts to mark a growth in her character. She's acting more independently (no Kagouti fails for her now, she's staring down guards and walking off a broken arm!) It was also interesting to see how she embraced her thief identity and it didn't leave her all prickly as with Galbedir's soul gems. The pride over her abilities was a nice touch. You also do a great job of showing us how intelligent she is, rather than telling us.

As soon as she and Allnouns (LOVED what you did there - at first I was like 'huh', but when we got to Allincompetent and Alltraitor I was laughing hard) went to the door behind the tapestry I thought 'oh no'. And you went there! I'll be intrigued to see how freeing Varvur at this early stage affects the rest of the story. The whole exploration of the Redoran character through him was really interesting and I liked how you showed both positive and negatives to their concept of honour.

And then again when you wrote 'ebony armour' I was 'oh no, Bolvyn Venim himself!' I couldn't wait for Adryn to find out, and the moment didn't disappoint.

The whole bit where they were falling was probably one of my favourites. You have a way of taking a concept and playing with it, and having Adryn sardonically play with the words and ideas that sort of reminds me of Terry Pratchett's style. (Now, I feel like I may have said that somewhere before, so excuse my poor memory.)

By the way, I love how Varvur described the Telvanni: "Oh, of course, you're an outlander. Telvanni are another House, based on the east coast, mostly mages. They... well, they're Telvanni. I mean..." Of course he's not going to have a canned response like in game NPCs, as if he's been spending his whole life thinking of a succinct explanation of the Telvanni to give to any outlander who happens by!

Then we had the naked Nord-athon! Some much awkward humour, in a good way. It seems there's no convenient permanent underwear in Adryn's world... poor mer. "Good garment-challenged sir" - pahaha!

Sosia was fun, she seemed to fit in game characterisation more closely than other NPCs you've shown so far, but she has a solid character so it wasn't a problem. The healing magic bit was great - the idea of different doses and locations a perfect solution to the potentially overpowered healing magic we could have.

On solutions, I also enjoyed the resolutions of the Cloudcleaver quest. I always wished you could go through with the 'meet in Caldera' idea. Only thing I wondered about Hlormar was his characterisation - he seemed to fit the 'dumb Nord' type, but the way he spoke was occasionally quite cultured in a sort of 'traitorous fiend!' overblown rhetoric kind of way! If that was your intention is definitely an interesting choice that avoids flat characterisation, but occasionally I wondered if he was just a little too well-spoken, with exclamations like 'why', 'forgive me' and 'indeed'...

Loved the King Thian bit of description, great lead-in and it just astounded me that you went to that level of lore detail (never heard of him, but I looked him up) that is also totally appropriate for Adryn to use as a comparison.

Final comment is I think I may have spotted an error. It was fairly near the end, which is probably why I noticed, but in this sentence I think you may be missing the word 'of': "I declined on grounds not drinking alcohol".

Anyway, another wonderfully long and entertaining chapter, long may they continue!
harmoniedusoir chapter 7 . 8/25/2013
Another treat of a long chapter, so I'll try to respond to your efforts with a nice long review!

So many things to enjoy in this. Adryn's tone and humour is wonderful again, I like the running jokes and observations she keeps in her mind, like the 'failed calm spell', and her way of categorising people - Teleportation Girl, Master Grumpy and Eddie II! Master Grumpy in particular had brilliant characterisation and dialogue, and I loved the description of the armour.

The characterisation in general was wonderful actually; you added so many idiosyncrasies to both minor and major characters - Trebonius, Flacassia (I loved this line: 'Her voice was dripping with sarcasm to the extent where I felt as if I could have almost held a vial under her mouth and collected some for alchemical use.") and Miun-Gei... Trebonius in particular came across perfectly, though I did notice you wrote he was a Breton, instead of an Imperial. Intentional change?

I just loved the way you introduced the 'find out why the Dwemer disappeared' quest, "I squared my shoulders, preparing to become Adryn, second-in-command of the Great Crockery Census." - This line had me giggling quite a bit. And I loved that rhyme you created about impossible questions!

The way you capture the overwhelming experience of a newcomer coming to Vivec was really well-handled. I enjoyed Adryn's trials with finding her way, and I love all the descriptions of the slums, street food, speaking Dunmeris... makes me wish I'd done more on that myself. You also hint at how overwhelming it is to arrive and then be dumped with tons of 'quests' as soon as you talk to anyone! But you also make all these quests that everyone has played seem fresh and new. The bit with the actor and the enchanter - I knew it was coming but I was still excited to read it because I knew Adryn's experience of it would be so lively and different - and it was!

Speaking of Adryn again, I love how you built a little more backstory and plot in this time. Those flashbacks, that bit with Jobasha... very interesting. I wonder what happened... And you went into detail on so many in game texts! I often think they need more love.

And then the ending with the Dreamer Prophet was very unexpected, I even felt a bit sad for poor old Master Grumpy. I love how Adryn's escape exactly mirrors one of the escapes you hear about in game - perhaps that was your intention?

All in all, I love how involved you are in world-building and Adryn's story. This is Morrowind come alive, with so many references - to food, books, alchemy, culture... and all the humour is spot on too. Now I wonder if her past will catch up with her, and when she will go to Ald'ruhn... eager to read the next update whenever you complete it!