Reviews for Legacy
Flightspan chapter 11 . 7/17
I loved this. Truly.
EnsignAbby chapter 11 . 3/28
Yet another installment in your personal canon, and here I am super late to the party. Fantastic job, and I hope life is going well for you!
ladyspock7 chapter 11 . 3/9
That was a wonderful ending! I simply love how Megamind, Roxanne and Minion love and support each other. He certainly has matured a great deal from his villain days! Megamind has a bright future ahead of him with such loving friends and family. Including the part about his parents watching from the Place Beyond was beautifully done, and reminded me of the movie where Megamind says "if only my parents could see me now", though of course at that point it was a very different situation than depicted here in your story.
ladyspock7 chapter 10 . 3/5
What a relief! I was actually a little worried that Megamind really would decide to give up being the city's defender. I couldn't see him giving up the opportunity to learn all that knowledge, especially in light of the great tragedy that engulfed his people, but with all his soul searching it looked like something was going to have to go. I'm glad he has taken this route of one step at a time. it is somewhat ironic that powerful emotions rather than logic led to his decision, but quite satisfying too. As much as I love Mr. Spock, there is something to be said about the importance of emotions.
ladyspock7 chapter 8 . 11/7/2015
The story of Megamind's homeworld is heartbreaking. I like the conversations between him and Roxanne and Minion, and his statement that when he was a kid he'd always wished for real super powers. And now that he might get something like that, it's actually frightening.
ladyspock7 chapter 7 . 11/6/2015
Little Minion is very endearing! Or Tori, I should say. The amount of information in those little stones is staggering, almost incomprehensible.
ladyspock7 chapter 6 . 10/4/2015
I found the objective of Megamind's people very worthwhile. Their situation was so heartbreaking! And yet they were determined that even if they perished, the acheivements of their people wouldn't be forever lost. Also liked the parallels between Wayne's birth father and adopted father.
ladyspock7 chapter 5 . 9/19/2015
Heartbreaking confrontation between Lethai and Koan, especially since we know that their attempts to stop the destruction failed.

Whew! But I'm glad Megamind getting trapped in that cell wasn't all an elaborate trap.
ladyspock7 chapter 4 . 9/18/2015
Oh my goodness, I never expected that to happen! I'm enjoying reading about Megamind's parents and homeworld. What they went through is utterly terrifying. But now I can hardly wait to see what happens with Megamind! That knockout spray indicates it's not a simple malfunction, but a carefully planned trap.
werewolf6780 chapter 11 . 7/17/2015
There are so many words to express what I feel, I almost think I should use mine at all. But I think I'll settle on Thank You for being the genius you are and for writing this amazing story.
ladyspock7 chapter 3 . 12/19/2013
These are some remarkable characters and worlds you have built here. I enjoy reading about Koan and Varaan's friendship, and the scheming that Koan indulged in which must have ultimately led to disaster. Their friendship, and the relationships that existed between their families too, makes what happened to their planets all the more tragic. In the movie, the planets getting destroyed was obviously a take on Superman's origin story and little more, but you make it seem very real. Imagine the billions of lives lost!
ladyspock7 chapter 2 . 12/5/2013
I really like the effort you have made here, making Ayalthis into a fully realized world, and for giving us a glimpse into the lives of the "minions". I'm glad to see that they apparently have as many and varied personalities as the humans among which they live. (I suppose I should use the past tense...) I found Megamind's anxiety over suddenly being besieged by knowledge to be very believable. When I think about it, I think I'd get a little freaked out too.
ladyspock7 chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
What a wonderful beginning! I only wish I had started reading this story sooner. I quite like your spin on the circumstances surrounding his upbringing in the prison system, and that it was, ironically, probably the best place for him, with the warden and the guards protecting him from a worse fate. There are some lovely names here, I especially like minya-aun dosi.
Jade Tatsu chapter 2 . 9/10/2012
When you wrote Ootori and I finally twigged that it was going to be Minion, I immediately thought Ootoro and had a bit of a chuckle. I don't know if that was deliberate or not, but hey, I found it amusing :D
BiblioMatsuri chapter 11 . 8/20/2012