Reviews for Center of Your Attention
A Bittersweet Liar chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
Super cute.
I'm glad you actually considered writing this pairing. Because I believe that Wally actually deserved a chance with M'gann.
I also like that you included Wendy in here.
lets be a miracle chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
You write such cute Wally and M'gann interactions.

Great story! I love drunk!M'gann.
compa16 chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Must read more
Illucida chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
This was quite lovely, Val. I enjoyed reading this very much.
vapanalley chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
The ending, was obviously lovingly crafted to torture us all. :) This was a great story and OH WALLY, how he's such a nice guy. He takes such good care of Megan. It's nice how Wally cares, but he's still a bit of a flirt, and a speedster and the not-so-coolest-guy. And Megan's assumptions about popularity are heart breaking. Great job! :D
Kenju chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
Wow, Wally being the responsable one...thats unusual, even odder was that just last night I was watching old JLU reruns and one of the episodes was focused on him, the line 'I cant beleive it, I'M the mature one for once' just came ringing in the back of my ears reading this.

I have to say that you did a really good job with this, not just because this happens to be my favored ship of the series either. You showed thecharacters here as real people, flaws and all included. Most people only write characters having slip ups or little accidents from time to time, or a major one thats seemingly random, like someone gets killed by a stray attack. But here you show the human side of the characters. Megan is a bit too...trusting, making her easy bait for bullies. She's actually worst off than her uncle was when he arrived in some ways though.

When Martian Manhunter arrived on earth he was a blank slate, he learned quickly and was able to adapt. Miss Martian however has bad information in place of no information, all those 50's sitcomes have given her a preconcieved idea/notion of what earth is like, so now rather than learning as she goes she is having to learn against what she 'knows' already from watching tv. Its harder to correct someone than to teach someone.

Also we see how once she is intoxicated she had little holding her back from scanning the minds of those around her, though I feel bad for what it is she learned the others think about her. She's in a very alien world and struggles to learn. Its not just that its a different planet and different people, its an entirly different culture. Martians hide nothing, their minds are connected, its a very open culture built on trust. Humans are just the opposit, our culture is built around privacy and individualism. So that makes it even more difficult for her.

I did think it was interesting that of the possible people she could have called, it was Wally that she chose, Conner is out of course since he would react...negativly to the situation, but Artemis would have been one I would think her to call first. When a person is in the state she was in, it peels them back to the very basic level, the base line. This tells us (in your story) that at the very minimum Megan trusts Wally the most of the group.

Then on the flip side we see that rare side of Wally, the one that goes out on a limb and will do anything for a friend. He might be a flirt, (a bad one at that) have problems with his ego and be all around annoying at times, but if a friend needs his help he never turns them away. One of Wally's key traits is his strong morals and sense of right and wrong. He helps everyone that he see's needs it and always tries his best, having taken the blam for others to keep them from getting in serious trouble on more than one occasion.

Still, I know this was only a oneshot, but you HAVE to do a followup, or a chapter two. Wally saved Megan from many possible things when he got her out of the party, now you have the aftermath, both keeping the JL from finding out, and helping the poor girl through her very first hangover, welcome to earth Megan, you're now a typical average American high schooler lol.

Keep up the good work, and I hope to see more from you in the future. There are just too few stories for this parring out there, and the few that exist...well, need improvement.

Till next time, Ja Ne!
Your-Nuclear-Holocaust chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
Now I'm not to fond of M'gann, but I like this story.

I will admit that Wally and M'gann are perfect for each other, but that doesn't mean I like her.

Anewho, great story again Val, and I love how Wally got all blushy around the end.

Super cute.
monkkeyslut chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE.

YOU WRITE DRUNK MEGAN VERY, VERY WELL. ; KLDJDJFLSKA'JLTIOEWTU

JESUS I LOVED IT SOOOOOOO MUCH. I LOVE HOW DRUNK AND CUTE MEGAN WAS AND HOW WALLY DIDN'T DENY BEING HER BOYFRIEND OR HOW SHE COULD SHIFT BACK TO HER REAL FORM 'CUZ SHE'S A WHITE MARTIAN AND KDNSKGSKJLJG

I LOVED THIS SOOOOOOO MUCH RIE THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Gear42 chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
This is *adorable*. It is now an official part of the Gear Headcannon repository.