Reviews for New Horizons
ummm... elves in a SPACESHIP?!
DandDgirl chapter 1 . 10/18/2014
I know this was a birthday gift for a friend, but I would be really interested if you came back to this and made it a series. Expanding on Thranduil and Galion's friendship and former relationship as king/subject would make an excellent read as well as any shenanigans they'd get into in this world they'd be exploring!
5SecstoThrowItFB chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Wait what? That's actually a really cool idea!
Tracey Claybon chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
Scary part is, this one makes a LOT of sense!
Thundera Tiger chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
What a fun idea! The moment I saw the word "flyer," I had an idea of what was happening, but it was still a blast to watch it unfold. And of all the elves to attempt something like this, Thranduil and Galion seem like the perfect two for the attempt. You do realize, though, that this raises all kinds of exciting questions about the Tolkien canon and how other planets fit in. Vingilot was the star we now think of as Venus, after all. So...can we expect a follow-up? Or maybe a colony of dwarves on Mars? And what was the solar system like before the world became "bent"? See what you've started? See? See? See?

On a less psychotic note, great story! Pure conversations are hard to do, but you pull this off so well and without the dialog ever feeling forced or too much like a narrative. Wonderful job!
The Pearl Maiden chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
Interesting. Very enjoyable to read.

But what do you mean their destination would never be Valionr? Are they going to a different planet or something?
Certh chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
A thought-out, touching piece, speaking of matters that are very much real and that, sadly, damage our world bit by bit.

Certh