Reviews for Dare Disturb the Universe
LookingForChange chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
To be honest, I stared at the last line for a minute before I could register that this was done, I love it so much. This is fantastic! I absolutely love how you're able to get inside Dave's head and put a whole new spin on his voice! A lot of people merely play it off as he's "chill" all the time, or that he's dumb, but the intense vocabulary and the stanzas of "Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" as the opener and closer? Excellent! This was gripping and wonderful, I wish I could accurately explain the perfection that is this piece of work! Thank you SO MUCH for writing this, and keep it up, your writing is fantastic!
Until next time,
LFC
apotheounGryphus chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
This is my unltimate favourite fanfic for DaveKat. This story has a deep intensity, and it just doesn't spill out meanings to you; it forces you to interpret and really decipher it all. It's artistic. My inspiration. Thank you for writing this.
Dadles chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Beautiful. Utterly and totally beautiful. fantastic piece of work, this is true artistry, really. You could be a very good writer. Hell, you ARE a very good writer! I feel stupid, trying to write even this review out, 'cause there is no way in hell I can convey exactly what I'm feeling right now. Just... Really awesome job.
mr. strider chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
"Sectioned off from everything organic and ushered into one's own little square of seating - where suddenly personal bubbles are so sharply delineated that if the person in front leans their seat back so much as an inch it's torture, rape and infanticide combined"

okay that line is brilliant and i love it. actually i love this whole little fic, and it's beautiful and DAVE/KARKAT OTP 4 LYF and just asdfghjkl i am a really crappy reviewer but i'm trying to say is that i like this. a lot

please keep writing Dave/Karkat, there is not enough fics for this pairing!
centreoftheselights chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
I really love the Dave characterisation and the way the pair of them interact. Now that I think about it, Karkat is so different to Bro I'd love to see how Dave copes with him. Definite shipping potential...
dip-eiffel-tea chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
oh

my god

this is so good..

i really love the way you wrote this! the characterizations and descriptions are perfect aahhhh

(and this is my otp too haha)
Al chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
Here to review, as you asked, just on time. Don't bother to thank me, sis.

"as in the goddamn triangle"

Okay, first, I'll be shallow. That line makes me snigger whenever I read it, and it always will. It's up there with "or something pathetic, like 'I love you'". Call me weird (and you know you do on a regular basis), but you always manage to come up with the funniest thing, you know? Like, completely offhand. It fits Dave really well.

"Dave's ineffable Bro, perfecting life as a statue, and somehow glimmering with vivacity despite it all."

Perfect description is perfect. Being a younger sibling is hard. It's hard and no one understands. But yeah, Bro does come across to me like that, partially through characterisation and partially through the fact that he's almost never animated (literally animated) like Dave, who gets the cool flips and rolls. Bro just stays stationary, and occasionally flickers across the scene, leaving speed trails. Hussie must have one, two stock poses for him, tops? He's composed and aloof and you can just tell that behind that cold exterior he is raising one eyebrow very slightly at your incompetent failure of an attempt at emulating him, and if he were anyone else, he would be sniggering.

By the way, you really had something against that in-flight movie, didn't you? And the lack of a window. Seems to me giving Dave more hangups and neuroses than he already has is the best way to characterise him.

-Al

P.S. What will you do without me around to feed you the names of obscure Eastern European countries?