Reviews for In a Handbasket
principissa chapter 9 . 10/5/2011
I am loving it. :D Veronica being a badass at the last line, so in character, and much more. Hope for more of this soon. :)
Nerdyesque chapter 9 . 10/3/2011
I read this as soon as I got notice it was posted (while at work, bad me) but didn't get a chance to review it, so here it is.

I have a huge girl crush on Veronica. This is the Ronnie we all wanted to see - she's gotten past her gut reactions to probe deeper and analyze without letting her emotions cloud her judgements like she did in the past. Too bad it came at the expense of Keith & Logan's lives, slavery, and the Apocalypse, but at the same time, isn't it really about hell freezing over for her to change?

I teared up a little (and felt ridiculous because I had to pass it off as allergies to my mystified coworkers) when she mentioned Logan dying in front of her; then again when she finally truly understood what Jo was saying about Dean.

Again with the chills!
Allen Pitt chapter 9 . 10/3/2011
not now I suppose but at some point they're going to have to make sure that all the basic knowledge of a Hunter-exorcisms, salt, Devil's Trap, anti-possession tattoos -gets distributed to all humans. It's the only way to win in the long run.

Meanwhile, nice knife! And it doesn't run out of bullets like the Colt, very handy... next up, yeah, why hasn't the Gate opened up yet? Maybe it requires a mass sacrifice, & they don't have enough humans yet?
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
So I just finished reading this whole thing over on Archive, but I'm must more familiar with FF so I figured I would review here. And I guess on the first chapters since the whole things not up yet.

Anyhow, loved the stories and characterization you created. The characters are well written and developed and the hard parts aren't glossed over to make it easier for everyone. The end was satisfying and opened an entire new plot, and the pacing through the whole story was similarly well done. Long enough to make connections and pass information, but moving fast without unnecessarily dragging at any point. Plus apocalypses are always fun! It left me with all kinds of questions relating to other elements of the Supernatural-verse and had some tantalizing hints and certain subjects. I also like that you did sudden make it "oh gosh we're here in this horrible situation and i just have these strong feelings and sexual urges and we need to just screw right now to find happiness with each other etc" in the relationship with Dean and Veronica. Its polite to all characters involved and has mature, adult interest indicated but nothing that comes before the actual story or situation, very tasteful. And oh I am sooooo very much looking forward to seeing you get started on the next part/story of it! Props.
Nerdyesque chapter 7 . 9/25/2011
I got chills when I read the interaction between Jo and Veronica. It brought back memories of Meg and Veronica facing off over Duncan, and Parker asking Veronica if it was okay to date Logan; except this time, it's Veronica asking if it's okay to go off with Jo's man. I really like the subtly inherent in the "relationship" between Jo & Dean; it dovetails nicely with the few scenes they had together in the show that showed glimpses of possible romance without ever taking it to that level. The Jo we met before she died is the Jo I see now.

I'm really enjoying this! I especially love how you contrast their view points each chapter because it deepens the experience knowing how the other thinks without resorting to guessing.

As always, can't wait until you post again!
principissa chapter 6 . 9/25/2011
I loved it :D Beautifully written.

3333 Subscribing and excited for the future chapters. :D

Keep it up!
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 5 . 9/23/2011
Grownup Jo is so much easier to like that the one we usually had to deal with on the show LOL. Great chapter!
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 4 . 9/23/2011
Poor Dean! Such a mess! Good chapter!
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 3 . 9/23/2011
SO loving this story! I've never actually watched Veronica Mars, but this is an awesome piece so maybe I should :)
Allen Pitt chapter 6 . 9/22/2011
The story gets more interesting with each chapter. Presumably the demons are trying to open the gate again. Maybe free Lucifer? It'd have to be something 'big', not just reopening the gate. Poor Dean, it's likely that Sam is working for the other side now, all corrupted by demon blood & the like.

Hm...

Dean & Jo & other hunters are too used to working alone, in a sea of humanity that doesn't 'know'. Demons can be killed, you just need to know how. One would think they'd be freeing prisoners & training them in demon killing, then forming vigilante type mobs & the like. Maybe that's going on elsewhere in the country?
Nerdyesque chapter 6 . 9/22/2011
Man, if Logan were a hunter, he'd be Dean. I've always thought Dean and Logan had a lot in common (Daddy issues, anger management problems, alcoholism, haunted by their mothers' deaths, sense of worthlessness, loving with their hearts & souls), but throwing Veronica into the mix really highlights that lol.

I think my favorite line was: "She didn't back away, merely stared up at him as if she faced down enraged men a foot taller than her every day." Oh Dean, if you only knew her story. I teared up a little when she talked about Keith dying and the vengeance she needs to get on his behalf. *sigh* That girl just cannot get a break in life.

Great job and I can't wait for the next chapter!
Allen Pitt chapter 5 . 9/14/2011
Neat-that's the sort of thing that Veronica would be excellent at, she'll likely see patterns the others have missed.
Nerdyesque chapter 4 . 9/5/2011
*rubs hands together* Man, Dean is just crazy and effed up enough to handle V - and vice versa. I can't wait *grin*
Allen Pitt chapter 4 . 9/4/2011
Very interesting. So Castiel never came to take him out, he got out months later (subjective centuries) when someone opened the Devil's Gate. Probably Sam in an effort to free him, misguided by Meg. Sam likely is now the leader of a demon army, as intended. They haven't done the 'free Lucifer' thing yet. Still need to sacrifice Lilith, i.e. final seal.

Basically this is SPN without the intro of the various angels. interesting. Kind of like that 'see the future' ep where they're hiding in an encampment.

I suppose at some point It'll be Michael vs Lucifer... Dean/Sam. Veronica is very smart, so once she learns the new rules there's all sorts of things she could likely contribute. If she gets hold of their father's book/diary she might figure a lot out, actually.

Hm, the dagger is better than the Colt, it doesn't run out of bullets.
Nerdyesque chapter 3 . 9/2/2011
Love how you address the Meg/Jo same actress conundrum. I read this late last night and woke up to a song which turned into a one shot crossover between V & Dean, so I want to thank you doubly: a) for writing such a great story which I hope you update soon and b) for the inspiration.
34 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »