Reviews for Hold That Tiger!
Goldleaf83 chapter 6 . 10/30/2011
As several of the other reviewers have said, I too am not much for slash stories in this fandom (though I've read others I've enjoyed in other fandoms). BUT I think you have hold of a really thought-provoking premise that you develop in interesting ways. You've done your homework: Berlin in the 1920s was indeed a place with certain spaces of freedom for homosexuals. (Unfortunately that made them easier to track when the Nazis came to power in the next decade.) So I can see Klink aware of such places, yet far too cautious over his career ever to frequent them. I can see how this premise can fit his character in the series, especially Klink's fear of the Gestapo since their discovery of his secret would doom him. The way you end this story in the last two chapters, with Klink misunderstanding what he has seen, is poignant and realistic - also a very interesting way of re-seeing the episode. Of course that's what anyone seeing Hogan and Tiger would think. (And oooohhh, that KISS!) I like the way that you're doing Hogan as well, his eagerness to ratchet up his operation, the interactions he has with Klink (especially in chapter 4), his own feelings of chagrin as he rethinks his initial reaction to Tiger and becomes aware of his attraction to her.

One small suggestion: I really like the way you do the alternating points of view. In fact, I think it's more effective than the third person you use in a couple of chapters, in fact, and I find pulling back into the more impersonal third person a bit jarring in chapter 3 (though I liked the chapter's content very much). You write their two perspectives well: although I know it is more challenging to write, I'd suggest you stick with that kind of alternating point of view consistently and ditch the third person narration.

Thanks for an interesting story!
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 6 . 10/7/2011
Poor, poor Klink. This was a very believable interpretation of Klink's thoughts and feelings at the conclusion the episode, deftly interposed with the episode dialogue. Hogan's got Klink tied up in knots, all right, but not the way he expected to.

And I think you really hit the nail on the head: the war cannot end well for Klink.
Marie1964 chapter 6 . 10/7/2011
This chapter actually made me feel a bit sad for Klink. If only he knew who Hogan was really kissing, then his heart wouldn’t have been broken. Of course, there’s no way he can get that information. I would be very interested in reading the next episode and seeing how Klink deals with his feelings.
80sarcades chapter 6 . 10/7/2011
Forget constructive criticism: this was a really nice story that I enjoyed. Klink's turmoil and secret passions are portrayed beautifully, and the ending sums up the relationship perfectly: Hogan's happy, Klink loses.

As to the kiss: great job on the feelings. Contrary to popular opinion, guys like romance...when we're mature enough to recognize it, LOL! Well, at least some of us;-)

As to new stories: keep 'em coming. We'll read 'em!
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 5 . 9/29/2011
Nice to see these scenes from Hogan's point of view. In the episode, it was apparent that Hogan regretted his hasty judgment of Tiger, and you expanded nicely on that, but it's intriguing that you have Hogan show a bit of compassion for the Kommandant as well!

Hogan's relief as the Tiger tank emerged from the rec hall is very well done, as was poor Schultz's dismay. And yes, that was a very steamy kiss Hogan shared with Tiger. As to who witnessed the kiss, well, we can just imagine.
JoAnnB chapter 5 . 9/29/2011
Wow, what a kiss. Great description, I'm still applying a cool cloth to my forehead to recover sufficiently to comment. I love your premise-hearing different points of view from the original episodes is a lot of fun. Klink's perspective is particularly interesting. I'm not really reading this as "slash", but more as an honest take on a "what if?" situation. It is an interesting premise and fun to explore. Please continue, and go on to the next episode! I'm always a fan of using fanfic to explore the more realistic and "gritty" aspects of what 1969 or 1970 television could not show.
Marie1964 chapter 5 . 9/28/2011
You describe Hogan's and Tiger's kiss so wonderfully, better even the show I believe. Can't wait to read the next chapter!
Yashida chapter 4 . 9/23/2011
Love your story!

Please, continue!
Marie1964 chapter 4 . 9/22/2011
Interesting chapter of how Klink might have felt during this scene of the episode.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 4 . 9/22/2011
I can't say I'm much of a fan of slash among the Heroes, mainly because I see them as all straight as portrayed on the show, and the relationship among them seems to be more of a family than anything else.

But Klink, now, he's a different story. In your skillful and literate retelling of this episode, I can very well see his unwilling fascination with Hogan. And I can see that this attraction might play a part in Klink's susceptibility to manipulation by Hogan.
80sarcades chapter 3 . 9/13/2011
Still interesting! I'll be curious to see what you write further, especially from Klink's POV!
80sarcades chapter 2 . 8/27/2011
You ought to keep this going; it's pretty good so far. I'm not much on slash fics, but this one is interesting, particularly the different points of view!
Fear-Of-The-Cold chapter 2 . 8/25/2011
Very nice ) I'm not a huge fan of Hogan/Klink (Hogan/Newkirk is more my thing lol!) but so far I'm not minding Klink's POV. It actually seems possible within the context of the series. More please!
Marie1964 chapter 2 . 8/25/2011
You can really feel for Klink in this chapter. Also, I enjoy your accurate history of how homosexuals were accepted before the war started.
Marie1964 chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
Klink as a closeted homosexual? More please!