Reviews for Hero in the Mirror
goldacharmed chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
I loved it! Great story! Would you do a sequle where he meets the doctor again?
MamzelleHermy chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
Haha ! Loved it ! (and just to say I actually watched Merlin because Colin Morgan more than caught my eyes in that episode)
OneSideOfACoin chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
Hahaha, I loved Jethro from the start as well, due to his 'Merlin' status. I was so proud when he said that he wasn't going to kill anyone, and so sad when he started to help. . .
Speaking of which. Your fanfiction. Not exactly a 'hahaha' fic, is it?
But I love it. At first I was completely floored by the angst, but the little hopeful twist at the end turned it into something special. :) I thoroughly enjoyed this. Thanks!
Fare thee well,
OneSideOfACoin
Static O. Sventura chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
My best friend loves Doctor Who but I'm not a fan.
She got me to watch Midnight by saying "Merlin's in it."

I'd forgotten that Jethro had started to help drag the Doctor. When I first watched the episode I was shouting, "No! Stop that! Be good!" ;;
This is a great (And realistic) fic :D
Jethro started off as seeming like a pretty shallow character, but later it showed he had some depth and your story captures that. I can see the character actually thinking this.

I give you applause for a great story :D
To the TARDIS chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
I liked it, it is really sad, but made since.
OnceAndFutureKingdom-MAXWOLF chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Thank you!
I always wanted to look at how Jethro must have felt through it all, and afterwards, but whenever I tried, I felt like I wasn't fully capturing what I wanted to capture. This is amazing. I thought Jethro had it in him to be a good guy, a hero, deep in his heart, but everyone can be swayed in the crowd, and lose their sense of responcibility to their actions in the crowd. This is exactly what I thought he'd feel like after, at least it's how I would feel.
Thank you!
Maxwolf
irezel chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
:( jethro...so serious.
Sarahbeara333 chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
asdfghkl;lkjhgfds ALL THE FEELS
zoe alice chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
I really like this. The Doctor would want this process to take place.
VortexFM chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
This is wonderful, beautifully written, and it made me sort of emotional. You did the episode great justice, and I teared up a bit, just because I can see how that would affect someonee and you captured the emotions perfectly. I wish you'd write for the Doctor Who fandom more often XD I remember seeing Merlin years after seeing Midnight and going "OMG IT'S JETHRO!" and I actually remembered his name xD On another note, amazing. Truly, seriously, and amazing one-shot.
eFox chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Loved it. That was so insightful and symbolic and *blabs on about the beauty of it all* And I saw that episode before I ever discovered Merlin, and I loved Jethro. I think I remember thinking he was hot in an emo way lol :)
Aida Caroti chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
This is brilliant!
GingahNinjah chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
I've been exploring all of your stories...taking me a while. Seventy-nine stories? Brilliant ones, mind you. Even the ones that end in death. {just letting you know, I was joking when i told you to stop killing Merlin. I mean...yeah it's horrible and all, killing the boy, but you do it in such a beautiful way (if being burned alive can be called such a word)that I continue reading)

Now as I was searching through your stories, glancing through the summaries just barely, skipping all the ones not about Merlin as I have no interest in bonanza or star trek, and I see the name 'Jethro'. Name sounds oddly familiar, yet not a very Merlin-y name, nor does it sound like a friend of James T Kirk, and, being too stupid to see what fandom it is from, I sit there and stare at the name Jethro for a moment again and then I remember and FREAK OUT and rush to read it and curse my computer for promptly losing internet and...yeah.

So really, the entire point of this rambling was to say that I was quite excited to see that you had explored the obsession of mine currently taking 2nd place beneath Merlin, as well as my very favourite episode and a character I wished we had seen more of - the character infact that got me interested in Merlin in the first place...(something about that nailpolish just made me want more! lol) - and done it WELL.

This was great. It was nice to see Jethro feeling some regret from the attempted murder he'd begun to commit, as well as taking something away from that experience and beginning to grow from it.

And now, I leave, as I have slipped into UK English once again, and the 'review' is beginning to lose coherency.

*leaves to read more Merlin*

(I'm not crazy, I swear.)
Celtic Knot chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Oh, that was cool. Are you sure you're not coming back? Because I'd love to see you get into some of the other characters' heads-this was really, really good. :)
qwertyuiopasdghjklzxcvbnm chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Don't be embarressed xD i only watch cause of that too. I have to admit, today's episode was pretty good though LOL

Awesome one-shot