Reviews for Connections
Bailey L chapter 1 . 8/3
Loved it 3
Tbh can't remember if I already commented on here so sorry if it's spammy
Addictorator chapter 19 . 7/3
I love this story so much, and am sad to see it has been discontinued.

Firstly, you've humanized characters like Umbridge, from inhuman two-dimensional caricatures that was so easy to hate in canon books, into actual people with their own thoughts, reasons, motivations, personalities, and a past. As they say, we are shaped as much by our surroundings and experiences beyond our control, as the choices we make. Then again, the former influences the latter. But we don't really acknowledge that. It's too easy to take what we see at face value, a glance at the label on the cover of the book, and hate its existence in its entirety. It's easier than trying to understand or read a few pages, at any rate.

I digress. Anyways, a view in the POV of other characters that are marginalized in the books and serve merely as plot devices, are made alive in your story. The readers can sympathize with and understand them, even pity them instead of mere hate and blind bashing. I'm not saying that just because they became who they are through environmental factors does not make crimes excusable, such as Umbridge's bigotry of werewolves, but understanding the 'why', is important.

On the other hand, the contrast with Harry being so disconnected and unsympathetic, is truly wonderful, and each serves to emphasize and build on the other.

I really don't think there is any story like this, where such unsympathetic characters are humanized without making their personalities OOC, keeping them horrid human beings but showing how they fell to the point they are now. That they are horrid, yes, but they are human beings as well.
Technomad chapter 16 . 5/18
You managed to almost make me feel sorry for Dolores Umbridge here. At least Young-Dolores.
acetwolf94 chapter 19 . 5/13
I LOVE IT! ADD MORE PLEASE!
Please give me some more stories like this
Oh Fleur, you don't know who you're falling for. Leave while you still can. Masterfully done, this writing is.
Oh gosh hermione, please don't fall for him. He's not worth it. Good story by the way.
crimson hearts chapter 19 . 1/16
loving this story
Narcissa and Lucius come off as surprisingly sympathetic here. Often they are portrayed as "evil Death Eaters who eat babies because they are so wonderfully crunchy", but here they are more like real people. Nice.
redHussar chapter 19 . 11/3/2016
This story awakens empathy for every character. It's in great contrast with MC who is deprived of such emotion. I'm glad, that none of his girlfriends has a pet project "make Harry happy and able to care about others again". It's also good that Harry is in the middle - not a goody two shoes from majority of fanfics, not irritating, smartass allec, nor raving lunatic killing and raping everything. He's cold, cunning and simply wants to be left alone.
stealacandy chapter 19 . 8/3/2016
Hello,

So, we've hit the 3-year mark since this story was last updated. Any chance it would ever get updated?

Cheers,

S
Liana chapter 1 . 7/28/2016
Actually, a sociopath is someone who craves the acceptance of the people around him/her such as peers. So...
DemeRain chapter 19 . 4/9/2016
Thanks for sharing.
Cynical0range chapter 14 . 2/14/2016
At your author note: You are a deliciously ruthless writer. I like the way you think.
Cynical0range chapter 9 . 2/14/2016
I thought the Snape and Dobby chapter had been hilarious. But this one with Harry's cool finesse in dealing with the tasks is a close second.