Reviews for Getting By
So bittersweet
Nedward chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Really sad ):
Guest chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
This was really beautiful. Fantastic dialogue. I am impressed with how you were able to channel these two characters so realistically and make them feel so broken and haunted. Thanks for writing this.
twi nana chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
I know this is old, but still was powerful...coulda happened that way, and was both hard and wonderful to read.

XO TN
harleys chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Very, very sad and very, very sweet!
Jasper1863Hale chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
LoopyLou recc'd this to me and I'm so glad I read it. Absolutely loved it, it doesn't need to be all smut, because the plot and story in between is grasping to the reader. *runs to search for more stories*
Illusion OfHappiness1975 chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
This is one of the saddest things i've read. But still positive. I loved it.
OcSickGirl chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
Kind of sad but different in a good way. Well written too. :)
Angelpoppet chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
I just realised I forgot to review, bad me. I really enjoyed this fic, it was sweet & poingant. I found myself hoping they'd stay together but I can see how that would have been seriously awkward and angsty :)
xoxocullenluverxoxo chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Wel this made me cry...from like the beginning to the end, this was so well written and it was amazing! I loved the two of them and this plot was perfect, now off to find the tissues..
lknots chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
What do you call it when someone just stares at the screen with tears in their eyes from reading? That's me right now. Thank you!
keyecullen chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
This story was so sad...so serious. No one really writes about what Charlie thinks...and this after he thinks his daughter died? Heartbreaking...made even more heartbreaking that she really did and by Edward's own hand and then they are both gone.

Carlisle to the rescue...strange yes, but wonderfully compassionate too. It is all about love, loss and the living remembering that they have to live.

Very well written...I enjoyed reading it. I don't think that you have written anything that I have not enjoyed reading now that I think about it!

Keye
SnowyHedwig chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
Einfachmich rec'd this, and when I saw the author, I was surprised I hadn't read it yet, since I quite enjoy your reading. Maybe it was the Carlisle/Charlie pairing that kept me away? I'm glad I read it, though. Nicely done. I think you captured the grief and sorrow brilliantly. Thank you for sharing!
shoefreak37 chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Gosh, I loved this! My heart is all broken and I wanted Carlisle and Charlie to run off to France together and do street art, but I loved it still!

I'm so glad they found a bit of solace in each other. This was awesome, really. Thank you.
Dantelover051386 chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
WOW...just WOW...I never would have pegged carlisle to cheat. Yea, yea, I know. He's grieving and so was charlie. But I didnt know that grieving gave someone a free pass to cheat. No sex was actually envolved, basically dry humping, but he still cheated on esme and what does she think of that? Does she even know? Did alice tell her or withholds this from her. And before anyone says I dont know grief and how it feels. Yes, i do. Not only have I lost the love of MY life. My partner, but I lost my son as well. The pain never goes away. Its there. Always, but I have learned to keep breathing even though there was a time and if i am honest with myself even still to this day that i wish for death. Everyone makes mistakes. even fictional vampires, but I guess whats bugging me that carlisle never once considered esme in all this. sure hes been tending to his them though this and sure esme has pulled away which is normal. shes not only lost her son, but a woman she considered her daughter. so two children. a mother grieving. said that, carlisle and esme's romantic life has more than likely been nothing since there deaths. but what i also caught was what carlisle said or thought..."as I come down from the most powerful release I've had in decades"...are you sayin that all the decades hes been with esme hasnt been sexually fullflling. shit..esme is his mate. the one thing thats spoken about in this vampire fiction especially with twilight is how seriously they love and care for there mates. edward proved that. he could not live without bella and therefore ended his life. he could not live without his mate. so i ask how can carlisle cheat on esme. even grief is not a good enough excuse to cheat and that fact i didnt hear any remorse from him on what he did tells me that maybe he really doesnt love esme. maybe she is not his true mate, but even then there should be some sort remorse from him in realizing what he did. he cheated on his wife of decades and even if he isnt 'in love' with her anymore or doesnt get sexual fullfullment from her anymore you would think he would be hurt, remorseful of his actions even if they were in a moment of grief or weakness, but no. hes talking about taking her hunting...WTF? alice shoping...calling rose and em home which dont get me wrong is great. My issue is he doesnt seem to care about his actions. what would edward think of his sire, his brother, his friend, his father to know that he cheated on esme which is for all in tense in purposes edwards mum. I recokon he wouldnt like it one bit. I know alice said all would be ok which leads me to believe that she knew carlisle would cheat on esme. what does that mean? esme knows or will know and forgive him. Maybe. Im not sayin that forgiveness in this is impossible. theres a huge difference between someone who has cheated or cheating. cheated is a mistake, a weakness or drunk thing and you feel remorse. your devastated that youve hurt your lover or spouse and know that it wouldnt happen again. you work for atonement. you strive to make amends and to be forgived. cheating on the other hand is more than once and there is no remorse. no feelings what so ever that you are hurting someone your with and often its with more than one person. clearly it seems to be a one time thing with carisle, but what really bugs me is his comment, his thoughts.."as I come down from the most powerful release I've had in decades" what does that thought have to say about his relationship with his wife, his mate. that there sex life sucks. that he hasnt recieved release from her or a release thats fullfilling from esme? I know that if i were esme that right there would devastate me more, it would hurt me more knowing that right there than the act of cheating itself. to know that in this act of weakness, his grief when he cheated that his release was more powerful than a release with me...his fucking wife, his fucking mate...it would destroy me to know that and the fact that there seems to be no remorse. I mean were talking about a man that prides himself on control, compassion and hes not once thought of what hes done to his wife, how she would feel to know he cheated and that when he did get release it was more powerful than when he was with me..but his toughts are of taking her hunting. I remember one time the charater edward was discussing marriage with bella. he mentioned that the divorce rate with vampires is lower than that of humans. I really dont know if in the fictional world if vampires divorce or not. its always been said that vampires mate for life. the bond when formed is unbreakable. shit, edward and bellas love proved that. and i know even in the fictional world of vampires...they are not perfect as well and im sure have romance issues and toubles as well, but whats so appealing about the fictional world of vampires and there relationships is yes, they have relationship issues just like humans but there bonds are so much stronger than human couples. thats why i say i would never have pegged carlisle to cheat and especially not to have remorse about it.

said that, it was a great read. sad, but great.