Reviews for Your Treasure Spent
axel100 chapter 7 . 3/15/2016
This was a masterful chapter. I just have one nit the really bothers me. Ozai's firearm would be primitive, a muzzle loader fire a single shot. They would be at the very beginning of the learning curve in developing weapons. What you described was a weapon capable of carrying multiple shots or at least capable of being reloaded fairly quickly. That would mean jacketed ammunition. Ozais weapon is 150 to 200 years more advanced than it should be. It would be comparable to Henry Fords first automobile being a Lamborghini. Again I know I am being picky but you have clearly paid attention to the details in the rest of this story.
Whyhow chapter 5 . 5/8/2015
It would be nice (although sad) if for once someone's body wasn't found but they were still dead. Knowing Ty Lee, that isn't the case here, though.
Whyhow chapter 3 . 5/8/2015
Interesting. I never would have thought about Ursa being in the White Lotus, but we know so little about her.
Cheshire chapter 20 . 7/27/2014
I have a great deal of sympathy for Azula and was a little worried by the first chapter, where one spirit in particular shows significant animosity towards Azula. The rest of the tale progressed like a fairy tale of possession and redemption... and I rather liked it. No one else had to die (Well, excepting Ozai who was illustrated to be irredeemably manipulative and power-hungry.).
1234q1234q chapter 20 . 5/20/2014
Time, each one of us has only so much time. It gets spent each day on our little projects and jobs. It's the one thing that can never be purchased. I am not much of a writer, and I don't think I can offer any practical advice. So I will say this instead, Thank You for your time I enjoyed your story.
Guest chapter 20 . 6/1/2013
You have over 20 reviews. Please do something. Like making a aang and mai romance, drama, and smutty fanfic
Guest chapter 20 . 6/1/2013
You did you ended the story. That a bit of a weak ending. Please make a remake and you did not even add lemon scenes like you implied you implied.
Guest chapter 20 . 6/1/2013
Please update this story. It is not everyday you see a aang and mai fanfic.
Guest chapter 20 . 6/1/2013
Please update i thought you are going to add lemon scenes in this story?
flame55 chapter 20 . 1/26/2013
This is great
xSilentSakurax chapter 20 . 1/8/2013
I really liked this :)
Tenages chapter 20 . 11/5/2012
Overall it's pretty good. But the ending was a complete cop-out. The Spirit-Ex-Machina solving all of the problems made the rest of the story entirely pointless. It completely eliminated any sort of character growth at all, made the entire plot irrelevant, and reduced all of the characters to simple spectators as an all powerful spirit did whatever the fuck he wanted to make things work the way he wanted them to. It absolutely ruined the story. Not to mention it's just completely inconsistent with how spirits actually act in ATLA

4/5 before the ending.

2/5 after.
Mariagoner chapter 20 . 3/10/2012
This was such a beautiful and strange AU, and such a wonderful alternate ending to the series. You always do bitter-sweet so well and this was no different. Fantastic work!
Shadow Wasserson chapter 20 . 1/2/2012
Okay. First of all, I'm not going to lie, I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I loved the character explorations (they were honestly spot-on) the overall darkness, the political maneuvering... wonderful. Your writing style is evocative and engaging.

However, I must raise a criticism about the Deus Ex Machina at the end. I know the spirits were there from the very beginning, but to me, the fact that Ozai was killed, Aang was cured, and Azula was redeemed by a God-like Spirit, and not by themselves or by another person, takes away the meaning and the 'punch.' The tension throughout this fic was delicious, and it was disappointing to have it break the way it did.

The funny thing is that this ending is that it is thematically similar to the canonical one, where the conflict resolution was provided by a giant Lion Turtle. But that isn't really an excuse, as the Lion Turtle Ex Machina didn't sit well with me either.

The idea of the spirits being aware of the AU (destiny turning out wrong, despite the fact that "spirits don't know the future") also makes me a bit leery, since it verges on 4th-wall breaking.

Don't get me wrong. I still loved the majority of this story. But the ending was a disappointment.

-SW
Katara97 chapter 20 . 11/19/2011
It's been a very long time since I've found an Avatar story of this caliber. The simple, yet exceptional, evolution of the characters was wonderful, and your emotional insight was stunning.

Wonderful job.