Reviews for Change in Perspective: Shades of Gray
Little Kunai chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
poor epps :( that really sucks he died that way. he taught optimus an important lesson
imaginethat96 chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Wow! Very powerful! I would have thought OP would have been a bit more understanding, but his movieverse does seem a little more harsh in character doesn't it?
Sounddrive chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Indeed Optimus.

The final respects from Starscream, Skywarp & Thundercracker in the end, it was poetic even.
DitzyMusicLover chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
I am surprised I never read this. It was very touching.
Kitt SummerIsle chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
I've always been bothered by the black and white perspective of the movieverse, so I appreciate this story. My only problem is that thanks to stupid Bayverse Optimus Prime is described more or less as a hypocrite who spouts nice words and then 'kills them all'. Unfortunately this Optimus is black and white, and doesn't understand the shades of grey... although he should. In such a long war soldiers understand each other on both sides. Especially with the long lives that mechs have. Hmmm... that makes me think of a story-idea...
Shadir chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
Very beautiful.
Northwest Sage chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
Outstanding short story... dynamic dialog... two thumbs up!
eeyop1428 chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
It's nice to round off a part of the first story so it ends in a full circle, sort of thing, and makes it feel finalised. It's quite touching that Epps keeps his and the Seekers' secret till he dies, and that the Seekers never forgot what he did for them. It's a bit surprising that they would 'attend' his funeral, sort of seems a bit OOC, but it was sweet all the same.

Some parts of war are always black and white, but some of the time it's all gray as well where one soldier has mixed feelings and beliefs about what he's fighting against. The title shows that well I think.

PS: Also liked that you included my line from the last story :)
Balrog Roike chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
Looks like Optimus is aware that he's missing something important - but he's unable to understand what. I wonder if he will learn, in time. Perhaps the humans, having an outsider's view on things, will be able to help him and the other Bots.

But given that they only know one faction of the war and only what they tell them, it will be tough.

Sure, the Cons aren't doing a lot to convince them otherwise and they are a violent lot and clearly the ones that have to go or earth is toast - but still, they are all individuals and not everything is good or bad.

The story is an interesting piece. Nothing is really resolved but isn't it far too often like that? Especially when it comes to shades of grey. Sad but true.

I like the mention of the Seekers, though.

I wonder if Epps' death, the only human who more or less earned their respect for respecting and trying to understand them, hit home and showed them how easy it could be for one of them to die. Not that they didn't know before - but perhaps Epps' death was the final shove they needed.

I hope they managed to get away and find a place to live - and that Megs didn't get rid of them or something nasty like that.