Reviews for Thaw
I come late to this story but nevertheless have enjoyed it immensely.
BookLover186 chapter 1 . 6/10
"-and now despise me if you dare." Indeed I do not dare! How could I, when you've written the loveliest,most charming story about Lizzy and Darcy! I know you don't see these reviews long after you've written the stories(do you?),but I couldn't help myself. It was a gorgeous,lovely story with very witty characters and wonderful style. I loved Elizabeth's perpetual cheeriness despite what had happened, Darcy's solemn demeanour,Georgiana's matchmaking attempts (can they be called that though? They're ALREADY married:)) and of course Samuel Reynolds. Oh,I almost forgot " I congratulate you on on your excellent use of iambic pentameter,madam." That one was a gem. I really loved the premise of this story,though as a rule, I hate the forced marriage scenarios. All in all,it was a wonderful job and my heartfelt gratitude to you for writing this story. Thank you for your efforts and keep writing!
PS:- Please forgive any grammatical errors in this review,because unlike some lucky ones,I don't have a Gayle to check any grammatical mistakes.( Awesome job Gayle!)
Heaps and heaps and heaps of love
BookLover186.
Lea0014 chapter 12 . 5/29
This is so hilarious! I hope you could make a companion story to this? Don't get me wrong, I love the letters, but it would be nice to read further. Anywho, I absolutely loved it!
joniskpelare chapter 12 . 5/22
Great story. Thanks!
MrsFH chapter 12 . 5/9
Thanks for another interesting P&P story. I enjoy your Regency-era stories very much. One quick note intended to be helpful: Jane Ausren's stories are in the public domain. So while you don't own the characters in the sense that you can't stop anyone else from using them, you DO own the entire story. UNlike fan fiction set in other worlds, you can publish your work commercially. It's certainly as good if not better than a lot of what I see on Amazin, so I wanted to make sure you know that your disclaimers about ownership aren't required and you can file for and receive a U.S. Copyright for your work.

As I said, it's certainly good enough that I'd pay for any other Regency-era variations you write! (I don't read modern versions.). Thanks again for sharing your talent!
Grumpy Insomniac chapter 12 . 4/4
I just reread this story for about the fifth time and figured even though you don't seem to write here anymore, you at least deserve a review from me. This is utterly charming. Your writing is wonderful. You capture Lizzy's wit and tone perfectly and I adore this story; it makes me smile every time I read it. Thank you very much for sharing it.
Grumpy.
maddyvass chapter 12 . 3/2
Absolutely love the unique way of telling this story. Although I am desperate for the interviewing details too. AnĊ· chance of a companion story? Mr Darcy PoV? His diary perhaps?
Love it thank you
Hina Hime Chan chapter 12 . 1/19
I really enjoyed your writing style. Good job
silt chapter 12 . 11/11/2016
Hi! I actually started reading this because it was recommended as a "cheer up" fic on Tumblr. I'm really glad too. This was very well written. You kept with the book while branching out other characters and I honestly felt better after reading which is pretty awesome. So...thanks. :)
Windchimed chapter 12 . 10/25/2016
Thank you for sharing this delightful story! At first, I wasn't sure about the concept of telling it through letters, but I came to really appreciate that method for what it did and didn't say. It made the story that much more interesting. :-)
Windchimed chapter 4 . 10/24/2016
Thank you for explaining "crossing" in letter writing! I've seen many stories refer to that, but I never knew quite what it meant.
PrincessIzzy chapter 12 . 9/27/2016
Indeed I do not dare!
Guest chapter 5 . 9/10/2016
The dead dragonfly thingy makes me go all "awwww"...
Guest chapter 12 . 8/24/2016
I think that this is the best, most realistic piece of Pride And Prejudice fanfiction I have ever read! Thank you so much!
Jansfamily4 chapter 12 . 8/20/2016
I have seen this book for a long time and have never read it...until today. Delightful. Thank you for sharing this with us. I loved her humor throughout. As I said...Delightful