Reviews for Losing Humanity
Number Six-Sixtysix chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
Hrm - not how I'd deal with it, bu then, I guess most people don't think about things like 'who am I?' (if that can even be considered a cogent question. A good (if fairly standard), depiction of one of the few situations where existential angst is actually justified.
A couple points, however -
"and slam my fists into the rudder like a madman"
Strictly speaking, helicopters don't have rudders. What you were referring to (the spinning blade at the back) was the 'tail rotor'.
Also -
"It dawns on me that waking up in a morgue may not actually be my greatest problem at the moment."
This line is of such brilliance, I had to go watch the cutscene to make sure it wasn't in there. I love it.
Vampire Queen chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
Holy hell! That was incredible! Your writing in unbelievably good! It was as thought I was right there, feeling everything, experiencing everything. Wicked. Thank you soooo much for posting this! I really hope you'll decide to continue this. Definitely a favorite.
Serendipity's tears chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Wow! O_O I hope ya don't just leave it at this,you have talent & I'd love it if you chose to continue through the whole game & maybe further to your own conclusion because that was AWESOME! _~
Xero chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
This is amazing. Honestly. I think your skill as a writer is just on par with Corporal Facehugger. I have to ask you, can you make a Twilight/Prototype crossover? I've been desperately looking for a good one, to no avail. If you can make one, a serious one, It'll probably be the best thing I'll have read in months. But even if you don't, this is superb. Keep up the great work.
pseud0zombie chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Wow. Just... Holy hell. That was amazing! I'll admit, my expectations were a little low for this story, but you blew them right the hell out of the water! Your descriptions of Alex's thoughts, emotions, and actions were just... Wow. I definitely couldn't have done any better
BlackWolf2Dragoon chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
VERY NICE! I love how you have all these different feelings and how he has one part still somewhat human and yet the other doesn't even know what is defined as normal. That's probably what makes this so unique and I REALLY love it. You also didn't forget that New York indeed has normal people walking about, you'll be surprised how many forget that ;D Very nice and I really enjoyed reading this, a greater aspect into what Alex is thinking in his 'waking up' ;D

~Blackie
Schmuzz chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
Dude. DUDE. Seriously, for the love of God, STOP telling me that you can't write anything or else I am going to track you down and punch some self esteem into your sorry butt.

This was just ugh. So amazing. I was reading it last night, but then I had to stop because it was so late and I had to get Affinity up and posted, so I get back to it, and I find myself leaning into the screen because I just cannot read this fast enough.

If you did this for the whole game, then we would have a 100,000 word novel of epic proportions on our hands. If Prototype ever gets penned, and it's not down by you, then I will be very, very disappointed.

I imagine that this is what you mean by feeling bad for Alex - especially when he first wakes up - he's confused, he's alone, he has no clue what's happening and people are trying to murder him. I love how when he's still out of it in the beginning, he considers the dialogue just meaningless syllables. And how everyone who has seen this cutscene knows what's happening, even while Alex can only make a few guesses. Also:

"Apparently, luck doesn't feel like cutting me a break." Glad to see cynicism is hard-wired in his brain, huh?

Oh, and when he watches Blackwatch kill those scientists and he just goes, "Ah, shit." I just snorted, and then I went back to being all focused on the suspense and whatnot. It was just good timing.

But what I really like is how the end of the story has Alex consuming the soldier, and he just can't believe what's happening and he feels like he's going to throw up - but "It feels so good." Gah. I had to go back and re-read that. Because that is what he must be feeling right about then. He had no idea what's going on and he just did this thing that is a Lovecraftian level of disturbing, and part of him relishes in that. He is totally seperated on how he feels; good, bad, innocent, guilty, and God, it was just amazing. Really. Stop doubting yourself!

And now I think that Alex needs a hug. Desmond, get on that! Wait. Never mind. But really, this was truly fantastic, and jeez, I need more synonyms for good at this rate.

-S
KuroiTori-sama chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
Sweet mother o'mercy! That was just beyond. All of a sudden, those 24 hours I still have to wait for my copy of the game to arrive seem a lot longer.
DarkGidora chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
This is a cool oneshot. You did a good job getting into his head during the opening; getting the confusion and disorientation he experienced down.