Reviews for Storm Front
Reader chapter 1 . 4/25
Awesome. Love it.
lapaxlove chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
I liked it so much...L's past is always an intrigue to me, and the way you wrote it felt so real to him, and I especially love that it's from Watari's pov.
So sad and yet so sweet!
DarkHorseBlueSky chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
...
Why?
...
WHY DO YOU MAKE ME CRY SO?!
how do you do this...?
how do you make my baby so perfect?
mythoi chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
I love how Watari is portrayed here. Most people just think he's L's righthand but he's more L's father. This story is really great.
Bittersweet Freedom chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
That was tear-jerkingly beautiful. I have always been fascinated by the relationship between L and Watari.
RachelClaire chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Wow Bialy this is wonderful. I love your take on young L and it's all the more poignant because it's from Watari's perspective. I find it fascinating getting into the heads of these less well-known characters and you executed it, as always, perfectly. It's been a while since I read anything new from you, so these two minifics were lovely to read ) Thanks for writing!
Ratt9 chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
This was brilliant.
thebookhobbit chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
Aahhh, this was wonderful! I do love your character studies. Such a great job developing L, especially as I believe you mentioned once that you didn't find him as interesting as some others. One would never know it; you've done a lovely job capturing him and developing his past.

"...sprawls outwards daily, extending himself from the skinny shins of adolescence to the taut smoothness of near-adulthood."

Wonderful. The images here work beautifully.

I especially like Watari's characterization. He doesn't get enough love, I feel, so it's always nice to see some fic with him, especially as well-done as this. You've portrayed the paternal feeling subtly, but it comes through very nicely.

So, yes, enjoyed this very much.
oursolemnhour49 chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
That was a really nice glance into L and Watari's lives before any of the Death Note chaos ever happened. I really enjoyed reading it, and especially liked how Watari noted that L could have been other things, even though he chose not to. I almost wish there could have been more to this, but it's great as is. Thanks for writing it!
Magma Maiden chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
I like the way you pictured Watari as more fatherly figure than just a right-hand/butler. But the last year is a bit confusing. Wouldn't they died at 2004?