Reviews for Through The Eyes Of An Innocent
Falkenauge chapter 10 . 9/7/2012
A very well done story, brought tears to my eyes reading. Thank you for writing it.
captainrexbest35 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
sunny and buddy are mine! Rip off artist! (just kidding) you can use the names
Queen chapter 10 . 10/11/2011
Beautiful ending. So very sad, but...a lovely end, for Julie, and one a little more sweet than bitter for Sunny? Obi-Wan using the Force to give them a moment to say goodbye was, I can't say it enough, just sad and sweet and lovely.

Wonderful story, wonderful work!
laloga chapter 10 . 10/11/2011
First of all, let me give you a round of (virtual) applause for creating such a beautiful story, especially centering around a difficult subject so close to you. It takes true courage to accomplish such a thing, and to share such a personal part of yourself to the world.

You've done such a wonderful job with Sunny and Julie's story, weaving in their shared need for strength and encouragement with their love for one another. I'm glad that Obi-Wan was able to help her a little at the end, as well as allow the two of them to share one last moment together in "their place." You painted a lovely image with the wheatfield, her dress, the was beautifully vivid.

Even though he's lost a dear friend, it's good to know that Sunny has come out better for it, stronger. He will take the memories that he and Julie shared and take - not sorrow - but joy from their time together. Such a wonderful sentiment!

This entire story was moving and so well-done. Thank you for sharing this with us! I look forward to your next work! Namaste.
laloga chapter 9 . 10/11/2011
Great job with Sunny funneling his anger and passion into determination to succeed and not let his friend down. I was delighted when he ripped the blaster out of the wall and when he made that leap! Wonderful!

Really interesting, how he could feel the gears in his legs working as he was about to jump - it seems like he's coming to terms with the fact that he's part machine, making it work *for* him, not control him.

I felt like cheering along with his brothers right after the test!

It was also wonderful to see Obi-Wan's development here, how he learned something new about the clones. The moment with him acknowledging what Sunny taught him (and making Cody blush!) was lovely.

Wonderful job! I can't wait to find out what happens next! :D
sachariah chapter 9 . 10/10/2011
Go Sunny!

Great job with the past few chapters. You really got Sunny's determination across wonderfully, and it's touching to see how hard he pushes himself, for Julie's sake. Clone troopers as a rule are pretty hard on themselves, but everything takes on a whole new meaning when there's *someone* they're fighting for, rather than just following orders and instincts.

I'm glad Kenobi seems to have had an eye-opening experience; he's too kind hearted a man to treat the clones /that/ lightly. And the scene when Cody tells Sunny he's being reintroduced to the GAR was excellent!

Sigh.. poor Julie. I'm still hoping she manages to pull through, but hopefully at least Sunny will get a chance to see her again.

Great work!
laloga chapter 8 . 10/8/2011
Wonderful job with this chapter! I enjoyed seeing the juxtaposition of the caring nature of Obi-Wan, Ajax, Buddy, Cody and Banner placed with the cold attitude of the panel that will decide Sunny's fate. Hopefully just knowing he has all these people on his side will help him make it through the challenge. I know I'm rooting for him! :D

Looking forward to more!
Queen chapter 8 . 10/7/2011
"If a clone bred from a jar could learn to care, to love a civilian, why couldn't a person born from a womb do the same?" - Well said! Just...very well said.

Obi-Wan's encouragement to Sunny was so nice as well, and then seeing his squadmates! Just lovely and sweet. I'm sure having all these people who care about him will help Sunny with the tests.

Very sweet chapter!
Broken-Jedi chapter 8 . 10/7/2011
Aw, I just love this story so much, you're doing a great job!
Queen chapter 7 . 9/13/2011
Sunny's working so hard, for himself and for's really sweet, even though it's a little sad, too, knowing what's going on with Julie. Sunny seems to really be growing, in a way, realizing he has a reason to fight beyond just his own survival. The dream sequence was lovely, too, even if it was so brief.

I hope he's able to make it, with all this work he's doing, for himself and for her.
laloga chapter 7 . 9/13/2011
What an emotionally packed chapter! I'm loving Sunny's determination to succeed, not really for his own sake, but for Julie's. Their friendship is touching and intense all at's good to see that they each provide a bit of strength and comfort for the other.

Love how Sunny still thinks of things in "military" terms: "I will fight for her;" "At least on the battlefield he...had a chance to fight back...but this disease...he couldn't blow it up with a grenade or shoot it away with his deece." Really fantastic detail with his personality.

It was also good to see him thinking of what his life would be like "after" he was back in, how the others might treat him differently and how he would react.

Looking forward to more of Sunny and Julie's journey!
sachariah chapter 6 . 9/9/2011
Sigh... I was hoping Julie was already 'over the hump' as far as her illness, but it's not looking so good.

It was touching to see how Sunny's demeanor changes from gruff and impatient to worried and so concerned for her. Her using a bit of Mando'a was sweet, but this was a very sad, sobering chapter. I hope for the best, but it looks bad at this point. It was really hard seeing her frank, honest admission of her own fear, though it was endearing to see Sunny try to reassure her. Just a sad moment, all around.

Great work with the emotion here; very well done.
laloga chapter 6 . 9/7/2011
It's been said that writing is the best kind of therapy, as it helps us work through our personal struggles and face our own demons. It seems flippant to say that you've done an excellent job with the "realism" of this chapter, as you've no doubt lived through events similar to the ones that you're portraying, but you have. The sterile feel of the hospital, the frailty of the loved one in the bed, the's all so vivid and intense.

I'm glad that you're able to take your loss and turn part of it into a beautiful story like takes a lot of strength and courage to manage such a thing, and for what it's worth, I'm in awe of you.

Sunny's thoughts on how Julie's death was so different from that of his brothers were powerful, and I loved his bitterness at his own emotions, contrasted by Julie's calm response: "We're human, Sunny."

I'm glad that he's more determined than ever to prove his worth to the GAR...I'm rooting for them both!
jaguar101 chapter 6 . 9/7/2011
Aww I'm crying please update soon!
sachariah chapter 5 . 9/1/2011
I'm very sorry to hear about your mother; I'm at a loss for words, to be honest. It's saddening and sobering to realize just how transient life is, and to lose one so close... I'm sorry. May God comfort and bless you and your family.

I haven't had time to review this story like I should, but I am enjoying it (and I still need to finish reviewing "Awake...") and I love what you're doing with Summy and Julia. I really like how you show us Sunny's own misconceptions about civvies - it's easy to think that these misunderstandings are all one-sided, when in fact the clones would be just as likely to have flawed impressions of non-clones. The medical detail has been good, througout, though I did feel like Julia's injuries implied she must be suffering from something more than medication - then again, I'm not familiar with that aspect.

Lovely friendship (and maybe more?) you've set up here; this is a very heartwarming story. Again, I am very sorry for your loss, and I pray you'll be granted the strength to pull through. God bless.