Reviews for The Princess is in Another Castle
KittyKatt25 chapter 1 . 8/14/2016
I liked this story.

It is truth in another's eyes when one wants to live in denial.
Larisa chapter 1 . 3/22/2016
I think it was a good point that Mikaela noticed about Sam: he really treats his friends like toys.
I like Mikaela and I was curious about her own life.
nojohi chapter 1 . 10/31/2014
This is incredible. I've always had an issue with the way Mikaela (and women in general) was treated in the movies and this completely captured it and did justice to her character that was never done in the films themselves. It's also incredibly well-written, and honestly, I enjoyed reading that more than I ever enjoyed watching Transformers. Well done!
Ka chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
...
You're right.
Mikaela is treated as... well, a disposable prize.
This has Always bothered me. So, thank you for pointing it out in this story, even though it hurts in that wry way that you were already expecting if you know a thing about life in general, and that we're hardly ever anyone's hero, and never for long.
Fierceawakening chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
This is fantastic. I love Mikaela and I think you've worked wonders with her here. Heartbreaking... in the best way.
Acteon Carolsfeld chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
I'm...honestly rendered speechless. I tend to say this a lot, but it's what happens whenever I encounter something I'm simply and utterly amazed and taken by. My thoughts are no longer coherent, and, throughout reading this, the throbbing in my chest periodically got worse. I love how you've interspersed the more-or-less continuous time line with memories. It really hit deep.

I've always had a softspot for Mikaela, and to see her so fleshed out makes this an incredible read. However, at the same time, making her grow into a living and breathing person has had quite a hurtful effect. That is not to say I did not enjoy this, though - it was an experience I find difficult to put into words, but definitely an experience I'm infinitely glad to have had. The hurtful part is really my fault. Perhaps I am too easily affected by words on a page. Perhaps I really shouldn't have been listening to the music I'd been playing while reading this. However, the ending result was thoroughly exquisite, and there is absolutely nothing I would've wanted different out of this experience.

I must admit: many of Mikaela's contemplations (or perhaps realizations) throughout this story hit quite close to heart. I haven't gone through anything she's gone through, but I feel as though I can relate to her in some ways, and, to be honest, it was sometimes downright painful to see so blatantly put in text on a screen, haha! Maybe excruiciating even, and I had to take several quick walks around my room during my reading before I could continue, but oh it was wonderful, and so definitely worth it.

I feel very fortunate to have found this story, and I must thank you for sharing it with us. This fic will stay with me for a very long time, and I honestly feel like I have come out of reading this with many valuable ideas to think over. I'm not sure how you'd intended the ending to be interpreted, but I perosnally feel that it had ended on a more-or-less good note. Perhaps this is my optimism talking, but I always like to think that when an ending is left in a somewhat ambigious manner, the author had meant to embed just a tiny shard of hope. Perhaps I'm completely mistaken. Perhaps I'm simply not smart enough a reader to have caught onto various clues explaining the nature of the ending, but I still like to think that way anyways.

It's quite late as I'm composing this, so I apologize if I sound fragmented or odd. In short, this story is a beautiful piece of work, and I've become quite overcome by it, in all the best ways possible, of course. What a fulfilling read this was! There's really no better way to end one's day than a well-written fic. :))
Yami Flo chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Damn, it was good; I like the way you depicted Mikaela. Got nothing against Carly, but I really prefered Mikaela as Sam love interest.
Decepti-Jazz chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
I love how you did this story! I was so confused on the break up as well that I went on a hunt for the answer and the only other one I could find online was from IDW prequel and it was a page that said they were through.

Sam is a possessive jerk that is idolized in the movie and although he did grow up in this one and actually GO back for his girlfriend rather than have her chase after him in this film no one else gets the respect they deserve.
femme4jack chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
This is a devastatingly beautiful and real story. And no, you aren't the only one who has noticed. I've written my own fairy tale endings where Mik gets the bots and Sam .. just keeps being Sam, but this story has the bitter ring of truth.

Gonna need to go cry for awhile. Thank you for writing this. It is harsh, but good all the same.
SisterDear chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
Oh my goodness. There are no words to describe how wonderful this is. Just... holy crap. This is gorgeous and raw and totally does Mikaela's character the justice she deserves. Wow.
ladydragon76 chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
This is INCREDIBLE! I lack the words. You've taken a character I never particularly liked, and made me ache for her. It's.. beyond words. Wow... just... WOW!

*hugz!*

LD
Cazcatharsis chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
I can't tell you how much I fuckin' adore this.
kaiiju chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
This is probably the most "real" transformerfic that I have ever read. It explains so may things that I love or have problems with. It fleshes everything out, and I honestly think that I understand Mikaela's point of view much better now.

You know when people talk about batman comics as opposed to say, superman? Batman is grittier, more realistic... And Superman leaps over buildings and has lazereyes.

Your story is batman. And boss.
piper of locksley chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
That was intense! There was so much emotion in every line and it was truly heartbreaking for Mikaela. (I almost wished she had coincidentally run into Optimus at a truck stop for whatever reason just for there to be some sort of emotional confliction) I really loved it!
ObsydianDreamer chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
wow.

That was wonderfully written. I often wonder what happened to Mikaela, since the movies didn't mention anything.

Anyways, keep up the good work