Reviews for A Scratch in the Mirror
RoseRade12 chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
STUPID they should have sex and it will be a better story
mouch30 chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
This was very enjoyable! I love your writing style, and your descriptions are ace as well. The dialogue was smooth... nothing else to say then great job!
jman377355 chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Interesting perspective on Pinkie Pie there. Well-written.
Tallinu chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
You've done a good job making sure that the character really comes across as Pinkie Pie despite the subject and the 'talking at length' that we normally don't see from her. You also did well with describing the scenes throughout, and while that first scene had a lot of purple prose, it wasn't too obtrusive. (All the same, I'm glad it didn't keep on that way.)
Rikujokoro chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Very nice story, I always like to see Pinkie act all, well, not Pinkie.

And having a 'friend' like Vinyl just fits so well with Pinkie's attitude in life.
Quill Inkwell chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
Great, as always. I really enjoyed the amount of detail you went into describing Scratch's pad (that's right, pad, I said it). I had a really clear image of the story as it took place.

The relationship between Pinkie Pie and Scratch was really intriguing- it's a really interesting dynamic. She never gets any characterization on the show, but I think that she's exactly the sort of pony to go for a friends-with-benefits sort of setup.

The only thing that I would suggest if you decide to do go more in-depth with this idea (and, for the record, that would be awesome) would be to make Pinkie Pie a bit more grown-up. You've absolutely nailed her character, but she's very naive and innocent. It's a little bit jarring to think of that Pinkie in a strictly physical relationship.

Still, that's a minor thing. Very fun little story- totally brightened my night at work. :D
Jasper Sealights chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
That was pretty darn good! :3 I loved your writing style, so you definitely got that down. With the no timeskips, and interrupting scenes. I also think you got Pinkie pretty well too. It's so interesting to see the differences in the portrayal of Scratch and Pinkie's friendship (which, I know I haven't had a chance to portray mine yet, but I'll get there, heh). Still, that was definitely fun to see!

I think my favorite part was the beginning when Scratch was in the shower, simply because I loved the description of that scene as a whole. I also really liked the way you maneuvered through the dialogue: very well done! If you ever do write more with them, I can't wait to see it!