Reviews for Lesson Plan
Guest chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
That is a nice way of looking at books. Lovely story! I hope this one gets remembered.
gonefast chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Sooo tiniest bit off topic but is there any chance at all that you'll pick up the Two sides of the same coin story? I know I know it has been an incredibly long time but, you have no idea how much it drives me crazy that I don't know what happened with Stefan. I liked him. Plus you totally addicted me for like, 60 chapters I think. You are very cruel. Anyway as always I enjoy your writing keep it up.
Enaid Aderyn chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
This is profoundly moving on so many levels. Any lover of words can identify with Danal's assertion that books are most precious. Malcolm's drawings and the conclusions Fenris draws about him made me smile in turn. I note the parallel of the elf caressing his book as he awaits Danal and Danal cradelinghi father's book - both cherishing the books for the loved ones they represent.

This: "Unbidden, the thought welled up, so strong it was almost a physical sensation. Danal was the kind of man he was not in spite of his father being a mage, but because of it. Everything Danal was, the qualities the elf most admired in him - his tenacity, his strength and courage, his kindness, that man –that mage – had helped to foster. If Fenris hadn't been sitting, he would have folded to the couch. The thought was a torment, and a revelation blending into another, the sudden understanding of why Danarius had forbidden him from even touching a book." Powerful. Visceral.

The closing "Fenris thought of the blank books lying on the floor. Someday, he would fill those pages with words, including words about Danal Hawke." is a beautiful metaphir, as Fenris himself is a blank book, rewriting the pages of his own life with the sense of self Danal's love has brought him.
Cenwyn chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
very good! I do enjoy reading about these two. will keep an eye for more! :o)
Dreister Dieb chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
aww that was beautiful. combining romance with a bit philosophy it!
Cruellae chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
Wow, this is really lovely. I'm impressed at how much you manage to say with so few words, at the way Fenris and Danal both find something new in the books Danal has had for so long.
Danyal chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
You're back! I really enjoyed reading this, You do capture such a compeling relationship between Fenris and Hawke. I always love to read everything you write!