Reviews for A Wand's Choice
Jazziet chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
Excellent I just wished we'd actually seen them have a conversation and realize they're meant to be together. Short and sweet. :)
jupimako chapter 1 . 10/7/2013
Sweet story.
Starfox5 chapter 1 . 9/19/2013
A nice, sweet short Story.
Lily meet Ginny chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Wonderful story. Ironically, I just read Taming Dragons- the very story before- and now I'll go read What Everyone Else Saw. You did a great job writing this, did justice to the pairing, and brought in a great minor character.
theelderwand1 chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
Wings,

Now you know I ship canon. But I'm not an insufferable snob about it. Im open to most pairings and have read some really good Harmony. However I tend to draw the line at dramione, which I loathe. But I'm not so closed minded about it that I can't enjoy a great one when it comes by ("Midnight" by spankinghalo is uber dramione and is one of the most brilliant tales I've ever read)

That said, this was superb. I especially liked how you described the scene when hermione sat on Harry's knee. So much conveyed there and exceptionally descriptively well written.

I find it exceptionally interesting how we've both addressed the issue of hermiones wand replacement in such different ways. Intriguing really. And very well done. This was a joy to read.

Eldy
Dalwyn chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
Sweet. Sadly, tragically, Harry is still reserved and self-effacing. Hermione still believes the world is as she wants it to be, not how it is. This story sets up a wonderful tragedy as our principals ignore a wand that can't really know anything anyway and continue down their path as they were, each doing what they imagine everyone expects and wants. At most a seed of doubt is planted, to be nurtured only by the next decade or two of increasing disillusionment. Good story. Thanks for writing.
Readerjkr chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
Lovely story. Very well written. Thanks for sharing,
medstudent1026 chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
aaawww aaawww aaaawwww aaaawwww aaaawwww
Penghost chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Very clever and cute!
SablePhoenix chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
An ending as it should have been...
young-love chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
How cute! I really enjoyed! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
good one! a little bit short (if i like a story i wold like to read and read and read ...)
1sunfun chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Interesting and nice.
HarmonyLover chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
There are so few stories told from Ollivander's perspective, and I am now convinced this is a crime. You have him reflect with such care upon his wartime experiences, and I love when he rearranges the shop to suit him, rather than keeping it to the goblins' organization. That was /perfection/. So very him.

Of course a wand would detect if you weren't being honest! That makes perfect sense. I wonder if there is something in the construction of the Elder Wand that makes it inherently dishonest, as almost no one (apart from Dumbldore, Draco, and Harry) acquired it by honest means? It was constantly being stolen and killed for and lied about. Or, is that why it changes allegiance so often, because its owners so often lie to themselves?
bookivore chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
I really liked this story, and then I read a few of your reviews, one of which was about how they didn't like when Harry & Hermione were dumb especially when older ... well that made me think a bit about why I accept that they would act that way (not that I like to call it dumb but) ...

we all accept especially in fanfic that Harry can be especially self-effacing especially when other people want something. I would lean to him thinking Hermione wanted Ron before Ron wanting Hermione, but in any case there are things in canon to interpret that way - why is she always visiting the Weasleys? why does she even put up with Ron? and of course we have tons of scenes in book six.

Hermione being a girl, no matter how intellectually liberated, emotionally wants to find an assertive confident man who is interested in her, not a moody distracted boy who doesn't think he's going to survive. That's not about whether she loves Harry, but about whether he triggers her date-me trigger.

Actually one of the things that pushes me more towards Harry/Hermione than Ron/Hermione is that I can picture the first couple having fun together more than the second. Ron has such a closed mind, and it never seems to occur to him that Hermione doesn't like what he does.