Reviews for Flowers and Sunshine
Someone chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
Holy chivalry, this is awesome.
LilyRosetheDreamer chapter 18 . 1/4/2012
My god, it was like a shining rainbow of glory and darkness, with tons of fun and fruit thrown on the side. It's a good thing they don't know where I live or that I even exi - GACK!
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 16 . 12/9/2011
Has it really been 20 years since Knightfall? That can't be right. Oh, dear. Please don't tell me that the villain is actually Rob Liefeld. Now THAT would be horrifying.

Not as horrifying as The Batgod though. Exactly WHO thought that was a good idea! Bruce Wayne back to the dawn of time. At least tell me that was eliminated with the new DCU. Is that the word for it. I forget know in the midst of the insanity.
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 15 . 12/9/2011
You know, I always thought that Barbara was a sick, twisted shell of a woman. I think Richie is right on the mark here. Bondage for his reward!

And, let's face facts, there's nothing more terrifying that you can create that will match the return of Batbeard.

(shudders as he goes off to read the next chapter)
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 14 . 12/9/2011
Absolutely. Every good story needs a male pregnancy angle. So who should I knock up in my story, y'think? Bruce is way to obvious but I suppose I could use some old double-back psychology. Ollie could use a bit of irony in his life but Roy and Wally already have children and I don't feel like killing them and/or erasing them from existence.

So I guess that leaves Lloyd. Huh. Well, it's been a while since I've seen a mpreg self-insertion fic! Journey into the unknown, says I!
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 13 . 12/3/2011
Hey! I'll have you know that I always thought Lloyd's IQ to be in the range of 110, 120 at the highest. Not to mention that I've frequently placed in sections where my original character is punished for his hubris while still attempting to be a redeeming character. Also, Naomi was basically just a rendition of Naomi from Metal Gear Solid so that wasn't really an original character as it was a crossover character so it's perfectly okay that I hooked her up with Nightwing.

And, no, I'm not trying to defend my usage of original characters in The Misfits. Shut up!

And, also, I was hoping that you weren't going to stoop to the mermaid route but there ya go. What is it with people's recent fascination with those things anyway?
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 12 . 12/3/2011
PREP TIME! Batman can solve anything with PREP TIME!

That is all.
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 11 . 12/3/2011
All right. I officially don't know what's going on anymore. And I was doing so well too. Still, points to you for briefly noting Cassandra's bizarre heel turn and Morrison's ridiculous Batsuit. God it is a wonder how Batman has remained as popular of a fictional character as he has been with all the weirdness that's been forced upon him.

And, of course, there is the inevitable Joker and Batman section, proceeded wonderfully by Bruce being caught in a Pokeball. Please tell me Bruce is a dark/flying type. And could Bruce have broken out of a Master Ball if he was given enough prep time?

As for the apple, well, there's a reason all hell broke loose when Adam and Eve broke the cardinal sin. Some things are just best left untouched, yeah?
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 9 . 12/3/2011
You know, I know a lot of my readers who would be perfectly happy if Ra's turned into a mewling were-kitty. I don't know, I always liked the guy as a character but. . . why the hell am I attempting to employ logic here?

By the way, nice pun with the first author's note. Not certain if that was what you were shooting for but I appreciate it nonetheless. Oh, by the way, if you're going for all the bad fanfiction trite points then you know that Superman is going to have to come to town and romance Lady Bruce. It's only fair, after all.
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 8 . 11/26/2011
I think it's safe to say that Bruce has already been paired up with far too many people in the world of fanfiction that his shipyard may have no room for any"thing" else. Still, I'm sure some disturbed fellow will think of something. Maybe Batman will travel to Hogwarts and find a kindred spirit in Severus Snape or travel to Forks where Alice Cullen will realize what a loser Jasper isand hook up with a man that can treat her right. Oh! How about Batman and Spider-Man! Or a love triangle where Dick can get all this affection for bondage all out in the open. I think that would be the healthiest thing for all parties involved.
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 6 . 11/26/2011
Now I think I'm running into the real problem of willingly strapping myself to a years-long epic storyline. I can't just go off and write something insane as a way of demonstrating how many idiotic plotlines that fanfiction writers can dig up without any regard to the characters that they are attempting to present. Still, I have to admit that I haven't seen any gender swapping Bruce/Selina stories in a while. And, let's be honest, I think the pole-dancing scenes and Nightwing being so into bondage just goes to prove that The Batboys just need to find a way to get their yayas out.

Please bear in mind that there is no possible way that I can be fully serious in the wake of this incredibleness.
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 4 . 11/26/2011
What is WRONG with you? I'm trying to enjoy my Thanksgiving weekend and here you are assaulting me with Batman pole-dancing. (Freudian images indeed) You are a sad and sick individual who should be ashamed of presenting his loyal readers with such disenchanting material designed only to coerce them into reading more.

(goes to the next chapter)
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 2 . 11/26/2011
Okay, for all the obvious distraction-based humor, I have to admit that I'm quite interested in seeing how this all works out. I guess there is an advantage to be had in waiting far too long to provide feedback for a peer.
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Hey! This isn't all flowers and sunshine! This is obviously going to lead to some sick, psychological mindtwist that you'll assault me with in your continued success in showing how much of a better horror writer you are then I am.

Still, the idea that Nightwing panicking and terrified that Dr. Crane would be singing and painting is enough for a laugh.

Okay, I'll keep on reading now.
Night's King chapter 18 . 11/12/2011
Truly the most epic tale ever told. More epic than Beowulf, the Iliad, the Odyssey, and Gilgamesh. All that stuff, that's lame! And do you know why? Because none of it has Batman in it. But this fic, oh it has Batman. And bondage. And manly wrestling. And people punching down their own throats. And vampire Alfred. And Clyde, who lived inside Clayface for a time. And the Joker nibbling Black Mask. And everything else I haven't got room to mention but still loved anyway. This fic is far superior, like the Daleks, but more superior, because the Daleks don't have Batman. Because Batman is too good for them.

This fic is something I will remember forever, if only because I'm sure certain parts of it will induce periodic nightmares. I can see it now. I'll be watching The Dark Knight Rises in like a million years (that's how slow time will feel) and Bane will be there, and I'll say, "When's he gonna wrestle Killer Croc and then kiss his snout?" And then I'll be ejected from the theater and I'll never get to see the movie and it will simply kill me.

Yeah. Totally plausible.

Thank you, though, for giving the marvelous gift of this fic to the world. The universe is a better place for having it.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »