Reviews for She Dreams In Colors
sash queen of the jungle chapter 5 . 10/12/2011
Thanks for another update
lock-n-key chapter 5 . 10/2/2011
Late review is late, but anyways here goes...

I really love your interpretation of how Gillian dealt with Alec's problem. That the divorce eventually stemmed from her final acceptance that there's no way to save the person she married from the person he's become and that it took many years for her to finally realize and deal with it.

On an above fandom level, I think it rings true of how a lot of relationships swell and then die. People keep hanging on or become something that disgusts them all in the name of not knowing how to let go when the time is right. And getting back to fandom, the later chapters you posted made me re-consider why Gillian possibly puts up with Cal and his dysfunctions.

I used to wonder why she wasn't more active (other than an occasional outburst) in standing up to him or trying to help with his issues in seasons 2-3 of the show, but perhaps on some level she realizes that like with Alec the only way Cal cam redeem himself is if he learns how to fix his issues on his own. That maybe because she couldn't keep being there for Alec in the end, it makes her want to be there for Cal even more. Or because she and Cal have some ~magical love bond~ that's stronger than what she had with Alec. Or something.

Anyways, this is starting to head into ramble territory, but I do hope you'll update soon!
sash queen of the jungle chapter 4 . 10/2/2011
I hope the dream of her and a perfect husband and their son was cal. I think it's awful that her other dream or nightmare was either s flashback or actually happened ie a miscarriage. But at least she dreams or cal. Can't wait to read more
sash queen of the jungle chapter 3 . 10/2/2011
No she doesn't! Cal save her! Thanks for writing.
divakat chapter 4 . 9/22/2011
Am I on crack or is there intentional comma abuse going on? I know what a stickler you are for sentance structure.
divakat chapter 2 . 9/22/2011
Finally got the chance to read this and I am really enjoying it! Gillian as a crack whore in the beginning was a little odd but really works nicely here.
tinlizzie82 chapter 5 . 9/21/2011
God, I love how good the writers in this fandom are and even among that talent there are a few who stand out and you are one of them.

This story is amazing both in the characterizations (how could a young Alex be imagined any more perfectly, right down to his little tics) and in the caliber of the writing (like the little details about the mirror that convey everything about how hard Gill's decision is).

Amazing job and I can't wait to read the rest.
GCRessa66 chapter 5 . 9/21/2011
Well finally ! She deserves to be happy ! I hope she got out of this marriage for good !

because... Well... she belongs to Cal, doesn't she !

I love your story ! Keep posting. Thanks.
ay-lo-DEE chapter 3 . 9/7/2011
I love this story. I think I forgot the review the first two chapters. Bad me.

It's as well written as your other stories which I have loved. And it's different. It's unlike anything I've seen in the fandom. I think that we haven't learnt enough about Gillian in the TV show. I'm glad somebody is here to write about her past.
AndromedaAiken chapter 2 . 9/1/2011
Aye aye...she so needs to get out of this marriage!
Roadrunnerz chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
Well, that was...different.

But that said...while watching the show I always hoped they'd give Gillian a few vices. Or even some character flaws to make her a little more multi-dimensional in her own right, rather than just being Cal's foil. I mean, even her love for junk food was tabled after a couple of episodes, wasn't it?

So, in that sense this is a good different. :)

Curious to see where you'll go with this.
GCRessa66 chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
Wow. Powerful, so dramatic. Poor Gillian ! She so needs to end this dangerous relationship. I totally loved this first chapter. I was overwhelmed by sadness, angst, worry for Gillian. Keep writing !
Kowy chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
That was pretty intensive! I like your story for it's originality, I've never read about Gillian getting high. Truthfully, I would never thought of her as of a person who would try drugs. So it seems at first a bit out of character at first. But it only lasts for few moments, when you realise, that she is that kind of person who would do a lot to save her relationship. So I guess she tries to put herself to her limits, to find a bond with her husband, a bond that hasn't been destroyed yet. So I really would like to see where this story is going, and what part will Cal take in it. Don't have to mention I'm a huge fan of your stories, do I? I know I won't be dissapointed with this one, hope to read more soon!
sash queen of the jungle chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
OMG how dark for Gillian. Wow. Thanks for writing and sharing. Please update more soon.
LieBones chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
Oh my...not your usual but interesting none the yet.