Reviews for First Rain
LunaMoth116 chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
"Raindrops on roses and - " Oh, sorry. Got a bit sidetracked there. ;)

Musical references aside, you had me smiling from beginning to end. The sense of renewal you've evoked here is beautiful; weaving in Alistair's and Julienne's painful pasts with their present joy creates a wonderful feeling of them being healed in what they've found, with each other, in this moment.

Lovely work! :) 8-)
Arrocalot chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
This was very sweet. I loved how you chose this to be the time for Alistair to give her the rose. Very nicely done!
karebear chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
I think I love you for this - you manage to get to the heart of romantic Alistair/Amell *while* writing pure childish happy laughing-dancing-playing in the rain (which I still love to do, btw), and even giving me a hint of Alistair-had-a-rough-childhood but it doesn't *matter* as much anymore, because simply being there for her can give him something good instead. :)
Rose Tinted Contact Lenses chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
Challenge met!

Julienne's naiveté was absolutely beautiful, and it's clear that this is part of her adjustment to life outside the Tower.

Also nice is the way you put a new spin on the big rose scene; her trying to feel her way round the conversation, the slight sweet awkwardness? Perfect.

Great last line. ;)
JayRain chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
I like how you worked the rose scene into this! And I like the focus on the sound of the rain. As a child she would see the rain, but feeling and hearing it are two of the most amazing senses connected to rain. Nice job with the challenge!
MsBarrows chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
I liked your character's joy over being out in the rain, and the way you worked the presentation of Alistair's rose into the scene. Very nice fill for the prompt!