Reviews for Under the Flames
joselene chapter 41 . 3/30
it would have been such a good story if it was completed but the stuff you got already is awesome. thank you for clearing that up and posting the outline it's much better than leaving it on a hanger.
Tochi chapter 1 . 2/13
Red coat, missing an arm... Is that a FullMetal Alchemist inspiration ?
Jinx chapter 41 . 1/11
Foxy,

Thank you so much for this closure. I have long thought that this was the best FT fanfiction and was sad that it left me with so many questions. While I filled, I accepted that it would never be finished and was surprised during a re-read that a new chapter went up. I’m so happy to learn a little bit more about the history of this story and although I still have questions, I am very satisfied. I think I have read this about 4 times over the last couple of years and every single time I found it just as engaging as the first. Worth this new information, I can now read it again and understand just a little bit more. Once again, thank you, and I wish you all the best in your endeavors.
Glon Morski chapter 41 . 9/21/2017
Dear Foxy,

If I said I'm happy about this chapter... well, it'd be a half-lie. Don't get me wrong, I was extremely hyped when I saw the update e-mail I got, but knowing this story will never be completed bummed me out. It as so good, too... One of, if not *the* best FT fanfic out there. Why is it alwas the best ones that don't see completion? *sighs*

Still, despite being said about it all, I still appreciate the effort you put in to give us the info on what was planned and how it was supposed to end. It gives closure and it doesn't leave us wondering :) So than you very much for that :)

Something else I missed from you and Kitty besides the updates wer our PMs, though. Few and far between though they might have been, dicussing your stor and the manga canon with you has always been interesting. If you have some time, I'd love to discuss things again with ou now that the manga's finished even if you didn't finish reading it yourself - for a myriad of reasons as you said. Though I read it until the end, I can't say I was overly satisfied with how it went. So, if you feel like discussing our pinions on it, I'd be very happy about it. If you'd rather do it on AO3, I have an account there, too, so just let me know :) Though I'll understand if you don't have the time or something.

Anywa, with the little personal rant over, thank you again for this closure you offered. Like I said, I'm sad to see this story discontinued, but I'm grateful for the notice and for the information on what was planned, especially since most other authors wouldn't bother. So thank you again, and my thanks to Kitty as well for this amazing piece of work, finished or not. Good luck with your new fanfiction projects, too :)

Sincerely,

Glon Morski
A Reader chapter 41 . 9/20/2017
Whelp now I'm sad. This was a really good fanfic and I waited for a long time to see the next chapter. Thank you for telling the secrets that I have been waiting to see though. Many don't even say they are discontinuing the story. Thank you for the story.
EtherealTulip chapter 41 . 9/20/2017
totally didn't gasp and forget to breathe when i saw this had been updated. thank you for this, by the way. i'm still kinda confused, but it's fine. :D
TalonIbnLaAhad chapter 41 . 9/20/2017
A shame that probably the best fairy tail story out there won't see completion, but I understand and am happy with what we've got. I absolutely loved yours and Kitty's work, and am happy that despite not having the rest written out, we at least got to see what the idea was (another fanfic author did a similar thing in the RWBY fandom, I felt largely the same there I do here. Sad to see it go, but happy that at least we have some insight on what was supposed to happen). I guess it's the best we can ask for since it's at least some closure. And the end note mentioning the splitting of universes into the Canon and UtF universes sounds like it would've been an epic conclusion to it all.
Well, it is with a heavy heart that I give you my farewells, but also my heart felt thanks for one of my favorite stories in general, fanfiction or otherwise! Mayhaps I'll check out your Boku no Hero page. Love that show too, and if it's half as good as this, it'll be worth the look! So, for the last time on this story, good luck, take care, and thank you. :)
FicWader chapter 41 . 9/20/2017
Whoa, sounds quite epic. Very nice of you that you took the time to do this.
Grubk1ng chapter 3 . 9/19/2017
Read maybe a total of 5% of that chapter damn kinda sucks since it is exactly like the story and/or other fics so u really dont need to read much of the content here till natsu shows up since his is the only one that is different from the original story
Verdantia Akalixi chapter 41 . 9/19/2017
I have to admit, I was holding out a little bit of hope that this would be revived eventually... Just a little bit though. Thanks for posting plot notes and not leaving us hangin' forever! I have a couple questions...
1) What's the deal with Jellal's heavenly magic? Natsu seemed perplexed about it at some point.
2) Has Loke managed to not ever be in the presence of Gajeel or Wendy? I didn't think he had a problem with anyone except Natsu but I could be remembering wrong.
3) Natsu planned to inform the dragon slayers that this was their last reincarnation but it didn't seem like anyone remembered their previous lives in the first place?
4) He never talks because he has a dragon's voice... In the anime dragons' voices were rough and growly but not all that strange. Why does Natsu take such care to hide it? Are dragons' voices different in this universe?

If you actually have the time to answer all of those I'd appreciate it! And I would like to know your AO3 username if that's ok, though if your stories are in the boku no hero academia fandom I'm probably already following it anyway lol.
The 10th Wand chapter 41 . 9/19/2017
Eh no worries, that is life. Thanks for the closure I suppose.

Good Luck, Enjoy Life, and make some awesome evil Deku stories.
Et Qui Metit chapter 41 . 9/19/2017
Sucks that you guys drop this story, it's probably the BEST Fairy Tale fanfic out there. I sometimes come back just to enjoy this unique AU, and it's always like the first time I read it.
I can understand why you lose interest in Fairy Tale, My Hero Acadamia is SOOO much better! Thanks for sharing this AU with us, and I hope you don't delete this, that would be a great shame.
Indr chapter 40 . 9/19/2017
This story is truly a gem. I spent way too much time crash reading it. Ill be honest I pulled an all nighter and durring lessons I still had my phone in had reading it. And when I couldnt my mint was still on it. It's trully sad that it hasn't been updated in 2 years I was looking forward what you had palnned out and all those unnamed details and plot turs still keep me thinking and wodering. But I guess it's understandable. Life moves on and you loose interest in the story or maybe the canon manga and anime plot put you off from writing. In the end I just want to say thank you for writing this gem. And I hope that one day you'll decide to come back to it.
Guest chapter 40 . 7/24/2017
Let us all pray and remember all the moments this fanfic has brought us because it will never be finish and it will be forgotten in the sand of time but under the flames will always Goliath special place in my heart as I try to find out nastu backstory and the fight with the dragon that fuck him up this fanfic was hands down the best story I ever read.
I will always LOVE YOU Under the flames
J chapter 40 . 4/8/2017
Your story is part of the few hidden gems on this site; thank you for your story and for continuing this great AU. The character development is interesting, but I am interested in how you progress from now on. Natsu's mysterious and more intelligent character is refreshing. Please continue this story to the satisfying end.