Reviews for The New King
Melissa chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
WHERE IS OMENS?
Actually chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Truth be told, Cheetara and Lion-O ARE the original couple the ORIGINAL writers of ThunderCats represented: in episodes like Sixth Sense, Telepathy Beam, and more hints throughout the series. But for some crazy and diabolical reason, the comics had Cheetara in a number of relationships before being with Tygra (nothing with Lion-O... SERIOUSLY?!) So in actuality, your fanfic was more than canon, it continued the true coupling of ThunderCats, but then something NON-CANON ruined it. Unless they intended for Cheetara and Lion-O to be together in future series before cancellation then sweet (if not then STAY cancelled), but honestly - choosing someone based on the past and it's not even solid (oh, he dropped a flower for you and ta-da he's your everything; they're not even childhood friends so wiki gotta edit that misnomer) give me a break. Never mind Tygra was an utter jerk most of the time - there's a difference between bad boys and utter jerks people! Talk about cheesy, overrated, and worse for wear.

I seem to can't stop ranting about it - I'm THAT pissed off - anyways if you don't wish to continue this fine, but if you do, just know there's still a chance for Lion-O and Cheetara as her relationship with Tygra had barely begun by the end. Don't let this so called 'true love' bit overthrow the purpose of this.

And if anyone want proof of what I mean by Lion-O and Cheetara, read . and . - Lion-O/Cheetara fans won't regret it!
IrishBug74 chapter 4 . 9/30/2012
This was a good story. I hope you continue with it someday
idstealer000 chapter 4 . 6/17/2012
Why should you be sorry for your "FANfic" not following canon. This is a fanfiction site so go with your own fics. let canon follow the tv show.
ElvinaPotter chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
Please please please... I beg you. please continue this story. Don't abandon it. regardless the pairing with the original and the new 2011 series, I love your fic. it is interesting to see this side of Lion-O from Cheetara's point of view.

-Elvina P.
Guest chapter 4 . 2/22/2012
Just a thought, but who told Cheetara that the brothers were fighting over her? None of the others seem to be involved with that, the elephants did not know, and I doubt lion-o or tygra would have talked about it with her. The only other person who might know is Mum-Ra since he watched the brothers battle in the astral plane and probably knows about the source of their conflicts since it was all sorta out there to see. We also saw in the first episodes that Mum-Ra can shape shift or disguise himself to look like others. Is it out of the question to think that maybe Mum-Ra is trying to break up the team and make them less of a threat? Did not mean to ramble, but the situation in the show and what you mentioned got me thinking. Hope you can update soon.
b chapter 4 . 1/18/2012
just because it is tygra cheetara in the pairing right now doesnt mean there going to last for all we know they could break up in the next couple of episodes it seems weird for her to be flirting with lion-o then suddenly go for tygra
Darthme1011 chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
that makes me sad that this might end i hope you find the will to continue
RUHLSAR000 chapter 4 . 12/16/2011
I agree completely. Tygra and Cheetara may have been cool in the original, but it totally should be Lion-O and Cheetara now. Though I know it probably won't happened, I hope that Tygra and Cheetara break up and she gets together with Lion-O. Also that put a big blow for her character. She was so cool, but she totally lead Lion-o on. From what I've seen of her charater, she shouldn't have been able to do that.
spexguy-cooper chapter 4 . 12/5/2011
never give up and never surrender this is what fanfiction is for we can write it the way we want it to go if you want cheetara and lion-o to get together than by golly they are gonna be together i was pissed whith the direction the tv show went i almost scraped the plans i had for a story then i remember this and i ignor it and make it the way i want it oh and good story i hope you write more hope this helped TTFN
cerberus angel chapter 4 . 11/30/2011
I know what you mean! I can't believe they pulled this stunt on us! If they were gonna put Tygra and Cheetara together I would prefer they didn't put any implications of Lion-o and Cheetara leading to something more than friendship. Why must they be so cruel by showing us something that may lead to be wonderful only for them to squash it. ( I hope you still will be able to write Lion-o and Cheetara stories even if their chance of being canon has gotten ruined for it seems that only in fanfiction it will remain. Please don't give up you are a very talented writer and have a way with making Lion-o and Cheetara fit nicely as well as see the best in each other. ) I will wait patiently for another chapter when you are able to write again.(_)
Classic Cowboy chapter 4 . 11/30/2011
gotta say this is a great story, and I've really enjoyed it so far.

as for the 'official canon pairing' I wouldn't place your full bet on Cheetara/Tygra yet. granted she's chosen him now and kissed, but from experience from seeing several action shows, first season pair ups seldom last long. Yes Cheetara and Tygra might last, but until the last 'The End' goes on the screen, it's far from over. wise coach once said, just because a team's losing in the first quarter, doesn't mean they should just quit and go on.

the show ain't over, and even if the pairing in the fic doesn't happen, doesn't mean this fic shouldn't continue. The whole point of fanfics is to write the characters the way YOU want them to be.

hopping down off the soap box now, great work, and hope to see more soon!
GlowingGreenEyes chapter 4 . 11/29/2011
I really hope you continue; the Lion-O Cheetara fans will need a place to go! And this is a good one! Young Lion-O was so endearing in this chapter! I love, love the observations made about him from Cheetara's point-of-view. Maybe you can just switch Lion-O in for Tygra in the scene where they first met outside the Cleric temple, or do a variation of it? I love the focus on how Lion-O is different and good in his own way, even if he can't best Tygra at most things. Please carry on! :)
FalconAndTheSlut chapter 4 . 11/29/2011
i like this .nuff sed
Andy Wong Fey Hong chapter 4 . 11/28/2011
Hey man I am with you in having the wind taken out of my sails. Sigh idiot writers who think they can develop a plausible romance in just two episodes. Why in the hell there are only 13 episodes I also don't know. For now, I can only think of all the wasted potential of 2011 Thundercats.

Enough of my rant and back to your chapter 4. I will review the other 3 later. My conflicting feelings of Cheetara not withstanding, I do not think that your Cheetara is necessarily conflicting with canon 2011 Cheetara. As much as I hate to admit it, it is still possible for Cheetara to deeply respect Lion O for his beliefs and moral stance, and STILL fall for Tygra. Of course the way your story is written is as if episode 12 never happened (meaning Tygra never met Cheetara before). Still the rest of it is plausible. Even her character is still portrayed as somewhat impatient just like episode 12. I liked your portrayal of Jaga as well and thought it was spot on. You also did not completely demonise Tygra, I notced that you did make Tygra a little apprehensive over plaing with the jackaal woman before peer pressure took over and he joined in the bullying.

Well done. I'm sorry but understand if you are taking a hiatus on this. I wonder what all the rest of the cheetara-Lion O gangwriters are going to do after episode 13.
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »