Reviews for With The River As My Guide
SapphireMoonlight24 chapter 8 . 6/5/2013
Brilliant throughout. I've just read this in one sitting and my feelings are all over the place! I love the way you wrote Bones...perfect! I bloody loved it, nice job ;)
Sumiku Agaishi chapter 2 . 5/28/2013
I believe Chocolate Alcohol to Vulcans
halfAsoul chapter 8 . 3/17/2012
I was pissing myself laughing through the whole freaken thing... It was awesome! I enjoyed every well placed word of it.

however. I shale throw my two cents in... Why did spock go to the front of the old house to prevent sounding an alarm... only to make enough noise with his gun to wake everyone anyway? he shoulda pinched the two of 'em.

aaaand i completly dislike that 'those kids are better off without their dad' thing. it kinda feels like spock SHOULD feel guilty.

but whatever. I freaken loved this story anyway! lol Spock was so gonna eat that duckfoot flower!
Killingmemory chapter 8 . 1/3/2012
This was such a well written and entertaining read. I had a hard time stopping once I started. You wrote Spock and the rest of the crew perfectly. Very well done. Faved.
Emerald Amber chapter 8 . 9/5/2011
I loved this fic. The ending was great and the timing perfect.

ethereal-girl chapter 8 . 9/5/2011
wow great story. so much suspension and angst. i was just glad that there was no warning of character dead otherwiese i would have really feared for Jim. Gotta love Admiral Pike who is always convering up for the boys. also love how spock finally admitted to his feelings in the healing meld.
Milarca chapter 8 . 9/3/2011
Oh that was a lovely end ( The trial made me quite nervous and I almost expected something to come of it. Was SO glad Jim showed up D He was very dramatic and I looooooooved the way you navigated around Starfleet code ;) There's always some way to get around it! D Anyway, a very satisfying conclusion; I hope, again, you write more for Star Trek, as this was so wonderful (
Nostalgia-in-Starlight chapter 8 . 9/2/2011
Aw that was a really sweet. Well done! The only thing... I totally think you should add a scene from where chapter 7 cut off. When Bones goes into see Jim? You should write a scene where Bones and Spock both care for Kirk.
BloodAndDiamonds chapter 8 . 9/2/2011
Aww, such a nice ending! (Well, apart from the "Valdez's kids don't have a dad" bit, but meh, Evil Men not-so-nice-endings.)

I really liked the ending to this. I liked how you didn't have Spock and Kirk immediately run off to have wild M-rated scenes after the trial, but instead had the little bit there.

A lovely ending to a lovely fic, I hope to see more of your works soon! ~ BloodAndDiamonds
Dragons redemption chapter 7 . 9/2/2011
love it!
aaliyah1963 chapter 7 . 9/1/2011
Spock and Kirk finally reunited! I love McCoy's snark in this chapter. I cannot wait to see what SF command does with the boys.
BloodAndDiamonds chapter 7 . 9/1/2011
Again: McCoy, I f-ing love you. Haha, I really love the way you write him! I can totally see him feeling grim at the idea of having a cellmate named 'Bubba', and I love that you had him drug Spock. Vulcan or no, if McCoy thinks Spock needs sleep, then he'll find a way to make him sleep!

I like how you added Pike in, too. I'd been half expecting it to be someone else like a different Admiral, so Pike was a nice surprise.

Is this the end, or is there another chapter to come? This was really well written, and I loved it! ~ BloodAndDiamonds
gone5eva chapter 7 . 9/1/2011
Go McCoy, my BAMF! Spock was adorable in this episode, reminded me of TOS when Jim got hurt and Spock was overly protective.
Milarca chapter 7 . 9/1/2011
I.. I get the title now~ Also, I hope you don't mind if this reads like a commentary; I wrote as I read

Nothing matters as long as Jim's safe. You should know that, Pike ;D

Hehehehehe, I'm get too excited when Spock is in a rage x) You tell them, Spock.

Oh oh oh. Spock. You're making me cry :'( I love them both, so much. Spock is so.. him. You're simply spectacular at getting Spock down. It's a balance that you've got: him striving to be logical yet, not, because he's surrounded by Terrans. He's quite stubborn ;)

McCoy you are wonderful, do you know that? And a sly fox for drugging Spock... but you're doing it because you love him, so I forgive you~

Oh my god McCoy you're horrible! xD Wow that was funny-I mean, I am on Spock's side goddammit!

You know that's the first time I've ever *really* imagined their hands touching. Spock holding Jim's limp one. I love your description of the mental support and protection Spock gives Jim; I've never heard it described in such a lovely, tangible way.

God, McCoy. You're a slightly sassy angel, I do believe.

Well. I really hope that's not the end, Green Sail. You are much too incredible a writer for that to be all; tell me it isn't? Or that you'll write more for our trio? You wrote this so well I just can't even describe it.. It's such a beautiful piece (
Myxolydian chapter 7 . 9/1/2011
Benadryl knocks Spock out for 12 hrs. I love it.