Reviews for Spitfire
SweetSouthernGal chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
So I've actually also been looking for a story where Harry and Neville are raised together- not slash, no WBWL, or any of that nonsense...just Harry and Neville raised together as brothers and bffs. I've seen some stories which hint at it slightly (the best that comes to mind is The Witches Conspiracy in which Augusta takes Harry in at age six or seven or so, but he still technically lives with the Dursleys; the only other I can thinking of is a story that started but was abandoned where Augusta gives Neville over to be raised by Sirius and Remus with Harry).

This plot bunny has bitten me and just won't go away, so I think I might end up doing much as you've done here and do a oneshot. I think I'll likely have Augusta take a stand earlier however (though I do like the impetus you used here, the reasons behind it, and recognize that one-on-one Dumbledore is more likely to be persuaded some years later than he would have approached by August just after the war's end). Anyway, I enjoyed this little scene, and it's only increased my need to play with the idea that Ive been writing in my head. I'd develop it further, but I have another stronger bunny that's really demanding my attention...we'll see I guess.

Regardless, thanks for sharing.
M chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
I've been looking for a story like this, and i was pleasantly surprised by how awesome your writing is! I know it's a little late, but I have to say... if you ever wanted to continue this, I think you would do a fantastic job :)
Yueli-san chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
i would love to see you continue this, at least to see how Augusta would react to the Dursley family and their treatment of both Harry and Dudley. i'd imagine she would give them a lecture that they would never forget as well as be extremely cross with Dumbledore for leaving Harry like that. she might blow a gasket if she realises that it could have been her Nevile that ended up sleeping in a cupboard. it would also be interesting to see how Harry would grow if he had a trusted adult figure in his life that would encourage him to try his best as well as someone his own age to interact with. it's kind of hard to imagine what a joint birthday party with Nevile and Harry would be like. please continue it if you ever have the time/inspiration :)
Ara Drake chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
I love it. Please post an update if you decide to write a longer story or if someone else decides to pick it up.
KlaineGirlWantingToBeAWeasley chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
I know your probably going to say no, But I think you should continue this! Like the childhood of Harry and Neville, what would happen? Would there be no Ron and Hermione? Or something like that! If you didn't want to continue it, maybe could I? cause it seems like it'd be fun to write!