Reviews for A Matter of Faith
Ghanaperu chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Romans 1:27-32 "the men...gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another...God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done...although they know God's decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them, but give approval to those who practice them."

Leviticus 18:22 "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination."

This is what God has to say on this topic. As Christians, we are to love everyone as God loved us, but that does not mean we condone sin. We are not the ones who will ultimately condemn them - it is God Himself who will do that.
BonesBBLover chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
ANGELO 3 3

This hurts in all the right places, but there's still that hope and Angelo knowing that he really does love Jack.
veritas6.5 chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
I think Angelo is so conflicted and because of all he says, the Church, and all churches are wrong to condemn what's just another manifestation of love. But remember, the Church (and here I'm talking about the Catholic Church, where I was raised) condemns all sex, except if it is done with the purpose of creating children. Sex for fun is out of the question. Sex as a way of demonstrating love is out of the question. Poor Angelo. Caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.
aBlue Gillespian chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
See I'm reviewing, do you love me for it?

Sorry is a bit later than I promised, but I didn't have the time. I love this story, I love Angelo and the way you touched on this few minutes what Jack talked about their relationship and Angelo's faith. Your wwriting is beautiful, there wes a bit of repeating, but I think we can overlook this. I also don't understand why the church is so against this. I'm not a religiouse person, but I can understand how hard it was for Angelo to bypass all this and let himself love Jack. You have portied this inner battle so well.
1110000111100001111000111 chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
:O Loved it. This is so sweet and awesome and awwww! Perfection. Love it!

I love Angelo. And his conflict is heartbreaking. D:

Beautifully written. *LOVES*
HeKillsWithHisSmile chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Carly, that was brilliant! I agree the way the church reacts is ridicualous! People should be able to fall in love with who they want. I'm not religious so I don't really understand why they would say that. Although I think i did a bit about it in RE in year 8, but still.

'Love is stronger than power' A quote I came up with for the end of a story I wrote. I think it aplies here.

Loved it, though! I also think RTD was right to bring him in!

Looking forward to ep 8 now!

Nice one!
enigma-kar chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
This is beautifully written. You've really captured their thoughts in this moment. And I completely agree with you - I love that RTD brought Angelo into this and showed us the flashbacks. It was very nicely done.

Thanks for the lovely read, as always. :)

Kar, xx