Reviews for Not Stalking Zuko
Guest chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE READ IN A LONG TIME. YOU ARE HILARIOUS. I LOVE YOUR SENSE OF HUMOUR. MY HEART IS ALSO SWELLING WITH THE KNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE 50ISH MORE CHAPTERS OF THIS TO ENJOY. ALSO WITH HOW ADORABLE ZUKO AND KATARA ARE. AND I USUALLY TRY TO COME ACROSS SEMI-LITERATE IN REVIEWS BUT NOT THIS TIME. INTENSE FEELS. BRILLIANT. YAY.
irockz303 chapter 3 . 5/2/2014
I immediately thought of death note at the beginging of this chaper becase of the name Kira. other than that it was a good capter! :)
RenegadeWren chapter 50 . 1/14/2014
I've posted all my main thoughts on Not Stalking Firelord Zuko, but now that I think about it... Gosh, i can't think which one of this trilogy would be my favorite, so I'M NOT GOING TO TRY. I'm just going to say that... This story was amazing for me, incredibly thoughtful, with very smart character analysis, and just... WONDERFUL.
Guest chapter 50 . 11/5/2013
That was a really bittersweet, but fitting ending. *Goes to next story in the series to cheer up*
Lakitalover chapter 34 . 10/30/2013
I just wanted to thank you for voicing all my frustrations with the shows writers about Aang's unresolved chakra issues. That really pissed me off (Agni, the series finale was so infuriating!) It was such a cop out that Aang got his way about everything in the end and ended up with Katara as a prize for stopping the war. Not cool. If Buffy can kill Angel to save the world, you'd think they could have Aang let go of Katara to save the world (especially since she didn't like him that way until they forced it at the end. Gah!) Anyway...I'd say keep up the work, but this story is obviously long finished.
Lakitalover chapter 33 . 10/29/2013
This is definitely the best and most in character conversation I've ever read Katara and Zuko have about his scar. I think you handled it beautifully. I loved this chapter. It's so emotional. I gasped, I "a'www," I grinned, I sat anxiously on the edge of my seat, I even teared up a little. You did a truly wonderful job with this, and I respect your well-thoughtout decision to not have them kiss for the first time at this point. That would have had the wrong motives to it. Also, that cute dragon thing they do is awesome; I'm glad you brought that back. *hugs them*
Lakitalover chapter 32 . 10/29/2013
I really like you interpretation of Ozai's rule and fire nation government and culture in general. You have a very smart and sensible way of analyzing all aspects of TLA. I'm very enchanted with your storytelling, because I feel like it enriches the Avatar world we know and love in a very complete and realistic way. I love how you find ways to incorporate a holistic view of the war into your writing and illustrate its full scope and effects on all people through chapters like this one or the one in which the Gaang attends the memorial ceremony. It gives characters like Katara and Zuko opportunities for growth, but, more importantly, it brings to light the realities of war and the wide spread range of tragedies it can inflict on so many people (even when it is fought by people like Aang and Hakoda who are fighting for "good"). I can't praise you enough for this, because I feel it is something the show sorely neglects. There are only a few deaths or injuries in the series that viewers are "supposed to" care about and all the others that happen on screen or just off camera are meant to be generally ignored. To me that says to kids that wars are okay as long as you're on the "right" side. It's refreshing to see a story that presents a very human side to most of the fire nation and emphasizes that while it's rule by a few crazies, a lot of the people are just regular people and they don't want Ozai's violence either. Now, it would be unfair to imply that this more complete picture isn't something that I've never seen in other fanfics or on the cartoon, but I feel like it is a fleeting point and then the focus returns to the Gaang being silly or trying to outrun various generic "evil" fire nation soldiers (or in the case of most fanfics obsessing over a love interest with the war as a backdrop rather than the major conflict). Your story, on the other hand, gives the war and cultures depth in ways I don't see very often. (And, of course the way you handle the shifting group dynamics in the Gaang is great too). I just needed to stop and gush about that.
Lakitalover chapter 30 . 10/29/2013
ROTFLMAO! Toph and Rozin are too funny and cute together.
Lakitalover chapter 29 . 10/29/2013
I don't normally like OCs in fanfics that much, but yours are entertaining.
Lakitalover chapter 28 . 10/29/2013
Aw, Zuzu! *huggles him* I'm really glad I'm reading this story alone in my apartment, because it makes me prone to seemingly random fits of loud giggling.
Lakitalover chapter 23 . 10/28/2013
I think you make the best and most polite Anti-Kataang arguments ever!
Lakitalover chapter 22 . 10/28/2013
Oh, poor Katara. I have so much fremscham for her right now.
Lakitalover chapter 21 . 10/28/2013
I'm really glad you included Ozai's cupboard of crazy evil. It's very telling and adds a lot to Zuko, Ozai, and Azula's characterization.
Lakitalover chapter 17 . 10/27/2013
I just feel like I need to tell you that you didn't really need to spend so much time writing long author's notes, because everyone is very in-character in your story (except for Katara's semi-frequent use of words like "bollocks" and "wily"). The way you have the Gaang act all makes perfect sense though. :)
Lakitalover chapter 14 . 10/27/2013
I need to stop and gush a little, because I'm very pleased with you as a writer. Normally, when I find Zutara fics, especially if they are written to fill in gaps in cannon, they focus on Zuko and Katara being melodramatic and fighting or obsessing over each other. I applaud you for resisting this cliche and instead taking time to explore the pasts of all the characters, detail both positive and negative interactions between all the group members, and demonstrate how the characters' families and cultures make them who they are. Hooray for you and for made-up Airbender holidays. It's really refreshing to read about the adventures of the whole Gaang with Zutara romance in the background as opposed to it being the other way around. Your choice of focus and the changes in tone from chapter to chapter makes the characters seem more like real people.
1,383 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »