Reviews for Not Stalking Zuko
Lakitalover chapter 22 . 10/28/2013
Oh, poor Katara. I have so much fremscham for her right now.
Lakitalover chapter 21 . 10/28/2013
I'm really glad you included Ozai's cupboard of crazy evil. It's very telling and adds a lot to Zuko, Ozai, and Azula's characterization.
Lakitalover chapter 17 . 10/27/2013
I just feel like I need to tell you that you didn't really need to spend so much time writing long author's notes, because everyone is very in-character in your story (except for Katara's semi-frequent use of words like "bollocks" and "wily"). The way you have the Gaang act all makes perfect sense though. :)
Lakitalover chapter 14 . 10/27/2013
I need to stop and gush a little, because I'm very pleased with you as a writer. Normally, when I find Zutara fics, especially if they are written to fill in gaps in cannon, they focus on Zuko and Katara being melodramatic and fighting or obsessing over each other. I applaud you for resisting this cliche and instead taking time to explore the pasts of all the characters, detail both positive and negative interactions between all the group members, and demonstrate how the characters' families and cultures make them who they are. Hooray for you and for made-up Airbender holidays. It's really refreshing to read about the adventures of the whole Gaang with Zutara romance in the background as opposed to it being the other way around. Your choice of focus and the changes in tone from chapter to chapter makes the characters seem more like real people.
Lakitalover chapter 12 . 10/27/2013
I like how you contrasted Sokka and Hawkey's adorable antics with Toph and Zuko's childhood angst and created a more balanced mood for the chapter without going over board in either direction. I found the scenes in this one very touching.
Lakitalover chapter 11 . 10/27/2013
I love the sisterly relationship you have going on between Katara and Suki.
Lakitalover chapter 10 . 10/27/2013
ROTFL! Oh, Sokka, you're soooo awkward. *gigglesnort* Btw, do hoses even exist in the Avatar world? Do they have anything made of rubber or plastic at all? Just wondering...

Also, since I was too absorbed in the story to stop and say so earlier, I loved the birthday chapters and the gift choices were perfect.
Lakitalover chapter 6 . 10/27/2013
Zuko cuddles really are the best birthday present.
Lakitalover chapter 5 . 10/27/2013
D'aaaw. This chapter makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I loved the tickle fight earlier too.
Niki Spade chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
Lol,This is a dragon egg I laid it myself!
I think zuko would get worried,and things get very weird very quickly.
JokerAtWork chapter 21 . 8/28/2013
what does YMMV stand for? you add it to every AN.
JokerAtWork chapter 11 . 8/27/2013
had to stop and review, because the story has recently been so comical I almost blew my cover laughing out loud (or snorting laughter-holding back.) I'm sposed to be asleep, lol. thanks for the laughs and awkward penguin talk!
StrangePointOfView chapter 50 . 8/24/2013
This is just brilliant! I love all the behind the scenes touches, and mix-em-ups, and all of the wonderful ways that you’ve actually made Zutara fit with canon. I love how Toph had interacted with her parents, and how she had a big fright. I love how Katara’s going to give the water-tribe men such an ear-lashing! I love how Ty Lee and Aang get along! I love everything! The only thing I don’t love, is that Zuko and Katara haven’t started kissing yet! Please get them together soon! I feel like you’ve made them the perfect couple, and then intentionally made sure they didn’t get together just to mess with us! Otherwise, keep up the good work!
Dorotheian chapter 50 . 8/14/2013
I love your logical characterizations so much...

Will read Not Stalking Firelord Zuko soon. Hope it's sexy! ;-) (But not too sexy.) There must be kissing! Bless Zutara's cotton socks...
Dorotheian chapter 49 . 8/14/2013
This may be a bit late, but considering the redistribution of abilities in Legend of Korra (and what did you think of that?), I was wondering if your opinion about benders and chi-blocking has changed at all?...

This is my personal theory, but:

It always seemed to me that chi-blocking was based on a mix of principles from martial arts, anatomy, and reiki or acupuncture. The chakras seem well-documented in some kind of literature in the Avatar world. The difficult part of chi-blocking is not where to strike, once all the pertinent points are memorized, but how and when, and that is where chi-sensing comes in. (Ty Lee wouldn't be good at explaining this, because...y'know, you wrote her like that!) It's not that the benders can't do it; they are just having a difficult time understanding the concept, and probably don't have the same mental map Ty Lee does. Ty Lee, because of her training, perceives everything differently quite instinctually. She sees things in terms of auras. Not everyone can see auras. There are still ways for people who don't to learn, but the signs will be different. It will be more guesswork, less precise, more about pinpointing people's tells when they're moving and fighting and memorizing that X stance can be overpowered Y way or Z way (with drawbacks A and B, respectively). Frankly, I think both benders and non-benders would be equally baffled.

The air-benders, and the Avatar, seem to deal most with chakras so perhaps knowledge of the chakras is not as disseminated in the bending world... Thus it is difficult to understand, as a concept that is close to and yet different from each bending nation's unique understanding of energy and flow.

Chi-blocking is an art devised by a very odd mix of physical/spiritual perception... It's almost not on the bender continuum at all, but on its own little axis. Does that make sense?
1,387 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »