Reviews for Not Stalking Zuko
StrangePointOfView chapter 50 . 8/24/2013
This is just brilliant! I love all the behind the scenes touches, and mix-em-ups, and all of the wonderful ways that you’ve actually made Zutara fit with canon. I love how Toph had interacted with her parents, and how she had a big fright. I love how Katara’s going to give the water-tribe men such an ear-lashing! I love how Ty Lee and Aang get along! I love everything! The only thing I don’t love, is that Zuko and Katara haven’t started kissing yet! Please get them together soon! I feel like you’ve made them the perfect couple, and then intentionally made sure they didn’t get together just to mess with us! Otherwise, keep up the good work!
Dorotheian chapter 50 . 8/14/2013
I love your logical characterizations so much...

Will read Not Stalking Firelord Zuko soon. Hope it's sexy! ;-) (But not too sexy.) There must be kissing! Bless Zutara's cotton socks...
Dorotheian chapter 49 . 8/14/2013
This may be a bit late, but considering the redistribution of abilities in Legend of Korra (and what did you think of that?), I was wondering if your opinion about benders and chi-blocking has changed at all?...

This is my personal theory, but:

It always seemed to me that chi-blocking was based on a mix of principles from martial arts, anatomy, and reiki or acupuncture. The chakras seem well-documented in some kind of literature in the Avatar world. The difficult part of chi-blocking is not where to strike, once all the pertinent points are memorized, but how and when, and that is where chi-sensing comes in. (Ty Lee wouldn't be good at explaining this, because...y'know, you wrote her like that!) It's not that the benders can't do it; they are just having a difficult time understanding the concept, and probably don't have the same mental map Ty Lee does. Ty Lee, because of her training, perceives everything differently quite instinctually. She sees things in terms of auras. Not everyone can see auras. There are still ways for people who don't to learn, but the signs will be different. It will be more guesswork, less precise, more about pinpointing people's tells when they're moving and fighting and memorizing that X stance can be overpowered Y way or Z way (with drawbacks A and B, respectively). Frankly, I think both benders and non-benders would be equally baffled.

The air-benders, and the Avatar, seem to deal most with chakras so perhaps knowledge of the chakras is not as disseminated in the bending world... Thus it is difficult to understand, as a concept that is close to and yet different from each bending nation's unique understanding of energy and flow.

Chi-blocking is an art devised by a very odd mix of physical/spiritual perception... It's almost not on the bender continuum at all, but on its own little axis. Does that make sense?
Dorotheian chapter 32 . 8/13/2013
It's an interesting theory about Ozai and Iroh being estranged. It seems right. Although I think referring to Ozai always as "firelord" may also have to do with Iroh hoping that if he sincerely respects Ozai and his position, and doesn't make trouble, then Ozai will stop fearing for his position and rebellion. Of course Ozai probably feels like he's being mocked. Maybe some of the Iroh factions were more...revolutionary than Iroh himself was. Obviously Iroh's intention doesn't work, but he tried. Iroh's a conscientious law-abider, anyway, and he has no lust for power.

Another possibility: half-brothers. Technically they are family, but having grown up with different mothers, an insurpassable rift could have developed. Particularly if Ozai's mom (presumably first, maybe usurped or felt threatened by the other mother) was doing a power play and fed him lies (or a delusion she believed) about Iroh's family. They would be rivals from the start, and Iroh would have a hard time understanding why for a long time, past time when Ozai was open to retreat from his adversarial position. (Canon might contradict me but I don't remember any info about Iroh and Ozai's parental situ.)
blonde-gal chapter 34 . 7/14/2013
Hi, I've read all three of the Stalking novels that you've posted once before, now I'm going back and re-reading them and this time, reading the notes at the bottom because I was so impatient to learn what happens next the first time, I didn't bother. Since there are about a gazillion chapters, I can't promise that I will review every one, but this chapter and the author's note made me want to comment. I really like how you are laying the groundwork for Aang not wanting to kill Ozai and wanting to wait to fight after the comet so he has more time to master the elements. However, I disagree with you about why Aang couldn't get into the Avatar State. (as a general note, it has been a while since I saw the episodes and since Netflix took them down, I can't double check my assertions), but at this point in the story I always thought that Aang physically couldn't go into the Avatar state. I thought he unblocked the 7th chakra in the catacombs but when he went into the Avatar state, Azula killed him. Yes, Katara was able to bring Aang back to life, BUT when not only does killing the Avatar while in the Avatar State kill the current Avatar but it also breaks the cycle. I always was under the impression that when Katara brought back Aang, she only brought him back to life with Spirit water and the chain of Avatars was broken and Aang would be the last one because she couldn't heal the chain of Avatars with Spirit water. So since the cycle was broken, and the Avatar State is using the knowledge and power of past Avatars, Aang is physically unable to go into the Avatar State until he gets smacked by the rock in the exact place where Azula shot lightening at him, sort of releasing all the tension that got built up there and reconnecting the Avatar cycle. I remember a scene where Aang was lined up with all the past Avatars but I can't remember whether they were disappearing or reappearing or both, but I thought it was a physical block of Aang no longer having access to the Avatar cycle that kept him from going into the Avatar state as result of Azula's lightening rather than a mental block. Granted I think he has/had mental blocks, but just not here. This is just my interpretation, I like how you have Aang try to be proactive with the Avatar State and I love this story, I just thought I'd share my opinions.
MayGirl85 chapter 50 . 7/11/2013
Fantastic story. Especially good writing to keep me so invested for several hundred thousand words. Nice!
MayGirl85 chapter 46 . 7/11/2013
Wow aang is so friggen annoying. I'd have gone behind his back and sorted ozai out myself I reckon!
MayGirl85 chapter 45 . 7/11/2013
Just so awesome :-)
MayGirl85 chapter 37 . 7/10/2013
Great writing and an almost kiss! Evil author! You've captured the childishness of aang so well. He's a child with an adults responsibilities and thinks the world is all rainbows and kittens. Even in the comics post the TV series as a teen he still sees things in black and white and struggles to appreciate the grey. Its katara that talks sense to him. I do wonder how they end up together. Suki and sokka are actually a more equal couple than aang and katara in my opinion.
MayGirl85 chapter 33 . 7/10/2013
Haha Aussie-isms rock. Stroppy.
MayGirl85 chapter 23 . 7/9/2013
Haha cheeky time.
MayGirl85 chapter 17 . 7/9/2013
Yay lu ten. Bad katara. Honesty is the best policy. But I can understand how difficult the truth can be so she gets some understanding for lying by omission.
MayGirl85 chapter 12 . 7/9/2013
Love how all your characters have such individuality. Often stories can end up with characters becoming a bit blended.
MayGirl85 chapter 11 . 7/9/2013
Chapter liked!
MayGirl85 chapter 10 . 7/9/2013
In hate sad love stories. Omfg Lol penguin sledding. Loving your writing. This deserves to be published into avatar lore for all fans!
1,375 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »