Reviews for Not Stalking Zuko
Em Dixon chapter 10 . 9/12/2011
Oh the giggles this chapter has given me! It was FABULOUS. I like the turn you're taking where you have Aang wondering about his feelings for Katara. It seems very natural, and I've always thought Aang and Katara were better as friends. "Doing sex" highlights, for me, a big reason I can't get on board with Kataang (aside from the age/maturity/sexuality issue)-they've got completely different life philosophies, and given the way the Air Nomads lived, I find it hard to believe Aang would suddenly completely understand romantic love and the like (Bryke, I'm looking at you for ignoring your own canon to make them get together). Even though I know he won't, I hope that Aang understands what a deeply personal and hard to define thing love is. You can't force it, and you can't assume it with the first pretty girl you meet. He didn't give anyone else a chance.

I loved the tender moment between Zuko and Katara. It was SO sweet, and it's tragic when you think about what Zuko said re: love. Given his family, I don't imagine real love was something he go to see terribly much of. And I totally agree about Oma and Shu being a tragedy rather than a love tale to hold up on high. That didn't end well, and if that's your model for ideal love...
Embers in the flames chapter 10 . 9/12/2011
Loved it!

Thanks
Punch A Fish In The Face chapter 10 . 9/12/2011
Hey, you did my chapter name suggestion!

I'm so mad that I'm not one of the first reviewers. If we could have cellphones at school, I'd have reviewed a long time ago. I actually had trouble focusing because I couldn't wait to read this!

Before they talked about Oma and Shu, do you think Katara felt... Good Indigestion?

Zuko grew up in the Earth-Kingdom-Hating Fire Nation, and his dad told him bedtime stories about child-eating monsters. Of course his views on stories will be skewed.

I call anyone who ruins a moment a 'tim'. Sokka was very very Tim-ish.

I reread that bit when I saw she was holding the commonsense stick. It was funnier.

Aww, poor Aang. I always feel sorry for him in Zutara stories.

I think it'd be like a custody battle between three if the waterbending interfered with the earth and fire.

Actually, in The Old Masters, Avatar Kuruk was iceboarding in a polar area.

Aww, poor Zuko... He's all sad and stuff about Mai...

Sokka is really stupid in these situations. Penguin Sledding... Thank you for perverting Aang's first line of dialogue in the show.

When Zuko and Sokka fight, Suki loses. I expected you to do 'the talk', but then I realized you would take the approach that you took. Stupid Air Nomads. Festivalmind altering drugsnot remembering who the baby daddy isJerry Springer. But, it makes for a nice awkward moment.

I agree with your anti-Maiko reasoning, but for the fact that Mai does need to come out of her shell and Zuko does need to get a hold of his temper.

I do agree on your opinion of tragic 'love' stories, though (TITANIC failures).

Overall, great chapter, as always, can't wait for the next one.
Anonymous chapter 10 . 9/12/2011
You'd think that the festival described here would be a breeding ground (pun not intended) for incest. Or could be, at least. All of those kids not knowing who their parents were growing up and getting together to make more kids that won't know who their parents were... Brothers and sisters are eventually going to end up...yeah.

The population was probably large enough where that wasn't prevalent, but I can see them as having more inbred problems than the other cultures. That's probably too random, dark and off-topic to be mentioned in any of this, but it struck me as interesting so why not post it.
Enomys chapter 10 . 9/12/2011
Thank you for writing this extremely funny and heartfelt series of fanfictions! They really make my day. :)
limegreenwordmachine chapter 10 . 9/12/2011
I really love this story. The fluff is tasteful and it isn't moving too fast, but it's enough that I'm not bored and waiting for it. Plus, I bust out laughing every few minutes. I did so enjoy the penguin sledding thing:) Sometimes I just need something lighthearted and swwet, and this is it.
ArrayePL chapter 10 . 9/12/2011
I died reading about penguin sledding. The whole chapter was just hilarious. Thanks for sharing.
Ozuma thy Awesome chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
HAHAHA Sokka talking about 'playing' with himself. Avatar abridged? Wow, they'll abridge anything nowadays.
Kimberly T chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
I'm in full agreement with you about the tale of Oma and Shu being more tragic than romantic. They built a tunnel to be together, but they didn't build a life together. The occasional secret rendezvous can be romantic, yes, but neither was brave enough to go past sneaking around and truly defy their respective cultures, or leave entirely and go elsewhere to build their future. Oma and Shu is clearly based on the tale of Romeo and Juliet, and for some reason R&J's deaths caused the families of Capulet and Montague to finally end their feud instead of intensifying it, but Shakespeare's third-greatest play is still considered a tragedy.

Thanks for the shout-out about 'Promises to Keep'! :-)
FlairYourFuel chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
I laughed my ass Off when I read the penguin sledding part.
AnnaAza chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
I love how you create these unique situations. I never heard of Zuko untangling and fixing Katara's disasterous hair. I also breathed heavily when Zuko stroked Katara's cheek, and I wanted to whack Sokka with the common sense stick in his family jewels or his head when he burst in inappropriately.

I gotta love Sokka. Penguin sledding, huh? Now I'm never going to look at the innocent game of penguin sledding without thinking...things. Thanks a lot! And the flower beds and water hoses...I snickered when Katara mentioned that. Everything about him is sex, huh?

Suki seems the voice of reason in this fic. First, she understands love, and how sex is a form of love. Second, she pulls Katara down to earth a bit on Zuko. Suki should just come over when I have a child and explain sex and love to my children because you wrote it so well. Have you discussed this topic with boys like Aang?

I dropped my jaw when Zuko went on a little rant about loving a person and how he was scared of losing her, being rejected, etc. I was nearly as OCD as Katara. If I were Katara, I would have paced for hours and muttered to myself like a crazy person.
anonyMOOOOOOSE chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
ONE OF THE MOST AWKWARD CHAPTERS I HAVE READ IN BOTH YOUR STORIES LOOOOOL

"I have overheard the tale of the penguin and the igloo and the fable of the badgermole and the cave and the legend of the flower garden and the big hose needed to water it. (or a small hose- Sokka didn't want to make judgments on hose size).I worry that, as a direct result of this conversation, Aang will now have an unhealthy obsession with flowers."

this is one of the greatest paragraphs i have ever read on here LOL

great great chapter. i love the awkwardness and the feelings zuko and katara feel to each other starting to develop. update soooon! :) :)
lazyguy90 chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
I'm always pleased whenever I see this updated. It's just such an entertaining tale. I look forward to the next chapter. Keep up the great work.
Distant-Moon chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
"Should I just assume they had super kinky prison sex during these five days...?"

Yes, Katara. Yes, you should. And just so you know, that single line sold this story to me. Hilarious!
Cookoo chapter 9 . 9/11/2011
Hey! I llooooooovvvee this fic in fact it's my favorite(you should be honored;) pleeez make aang go all avatar jealous! Bless you're cotton socks! ( I have toe socks)
1,466 | « Prev Page 1 .. 79 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 .. Last Next »