Reviews for The Escort
JoanIncarnate chapter 38 . 2/6
oh. my. god. that was not what i had expected. i am speechless right now. all i can say, is that i'm glad haruhiko realized he was fucking with the wrong person (metaphorically and literally).
JoanIncarnate chapter 37 . 2/6
wait a second. was that haruhiko that grabbed hiroki? did he rape him in his father's sanctuary? DID HE?! and did kamijou sr CATCH THEM?! PREACH, THIS IS A MATTER OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE AND I NEED TO KNOW BECAUSE IT WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING?! I WILL CRY.
JoanIncarnate chapter 35 . 2/6
i love how much research you put into your stories. i can really feel the authenticity and care that you cultivate in each of your stories.
Momiji Colors chapter 38 . 2/5
Okay, just so you know, you're really darn special, because this is the first time I've ever created an account for something to tell them how they've gone and ripped my heart out, tore up my emotions, and reduced me to a pile of rubbish, so thank you very much.

I discovered this story three days ago and I've been on an emotional roller coaster, hardly able to put it down since. Your descriptions of emotions are so raw and the imagery you use, the most minute movements and positions of each character's bodies, belies the mind of an amazing writer. You've had me weeping, begging, sighing, and elated. I think you've done a fantastic job remaining true to both Nowaki and Hiroki's characters and marvelously crafted the world in which each of them lives. I find myself stunned over and over at how many underlying layers of complexity are going into these character's backgrounds, and I was completely stunned in this most recent chapter at the plot twist condemning Hiroki's fate.

I'm also pleading with you, if you have any heart at all, please make this turn out as a happy ending for our Nowaki and Hiroki to be together fully and honestly, without the influences of some arranged marriage or an American doctor coming between the two of them even at all. It would really break my heart if that's how you ended it and it would leave all us readers completely unsatisfied and unhappy.

In addition, it is clear by your inclusion of Japanese cultural references and your play with the Japanese language (I didn't miss those illusions of cold of autumn to the touch of Akihiko, etc.), that you, like me, have an understanding, through schooling and likely having lived in Japan for a bit, about Japan in a more personal way. These inclusions and your clear research and desire to explain cultural references is greatly appreciated.

I've noticed a few slip ups in a few chapters such as typos or a word missing or left undeleted where you might have changed the sentence, or a grammatical mistake (I'm such a stickler), but over all I have really enjoyed your writing style and attention to detail. Now that I actually have an account (thanks to your tear jerking abilities) I will try to be diligent in pointing them out just as Hiroki would with his red pen.

Again, thank you so much. I'm attempting to get back in to the swing of writing myself, not fanfiction but with my own characters, and since a character in one of my stories is a host, your story is quite enlightening. Though I fear now that I do not know how to create such a binding and tumultuous situation for my character as you have for Nowaki.

Wish me luck! I'd love to keep in touch. :)
thenewbiefangirl chapter 38 . 1/10
Hark should have taken his mother up on her offer since his current choices will only bring pain. And why didn't he go to his mother first? But hopefully he still has time to fix things. This story is amazing. I'd never imagined Nowaki as an escort but the plot fits amazingly and all the characters are still adorable.
MoonlightatDusk chapter 3 . 12/24/2014
WOOOOOT! Chapter 3! I really like what you did here. I noticed the changes... If I remember correctly, Hiromi's rape wasn't really disclosed until much later when he confessed to Nowaki. I'm not sure why you made this change, but I am very intrigued... On to the next chapter!
Sakina77 chapter 38 . 12/23/2014
I've really enjoyed reading this story. Your writing makes the story vivid and I can easily imagine what is happening. I also think you've done a very good job of capturing the essence of both Nowaki's and Hiroki's personalities even thought the setting is different from the manga. I'm so glad I found your story and I'm looking forward to reading more.
Sana Lama Samaha chapter 38 . 12/14/2014
Oh... my. After reading this chapter, I have a clearer view of some of the facets in Hiroki's relationship with his father. The following phrase came to mind as I was reading: "The beginning of anger is madness, and the end of it is regret."

I re-read Ch. 32 again just to see what had changed. When I first read about what "Hiromasa came upon," I imagined Hiroki would play catcher. It seemed to me that in that situation, most fathers would react by beating the other boy bloody, and hold less of their anger or disappointment against their son... But this is different, and I can see why you changed it.

There really is no rational way Hiroki can explain this situation. It's like being charged for theft, and having to confess to murder to lighten the sentence. He did wrong in letting his anger overwhelm him... but this is Hiroki who had always "endured," and seeing as he reacted this way, this really was the last straw (your comparison to the vase was better). And now, Hiroki is going to endure again.

(Hiroki should have never chased Haruhiko. The reason he is targeted as a victim is because he responds so well to provocation. I'm sorry for even thinking that. It sounds like I'm blaming the victim for being the victim... but that's really not what I mean! It's hard to know what to do in certain situations, and even more difficult to find the courage to do them. There are just better ways to respond... but being the instigator isn't one of them. I commend Hiroki for standing up to Haruhiko when he was first approached, but it should have ended there. I can say a lot about what should have happened, but regret won't change the past. It saddens me greatly to think that in Hiroki's regrets, he thought it would have been better if he let himself become a victim again.)

You know, for me, the hardest part of this chapter to read was Hiroki's, um, "conversation" with his father. With everything that's happened thus far (and perhaps in Hiroki's past), I don't think there was anything more humiliating, degrading, excruciating, or heartrending as Hiromasa's words for Hiroki. There's little that can make a person feels so ashamed and bitter as a parent's disappointment in their children. But this isn't just disappointment; this is a dismissal. The anguish in Hiromasa's decision... I'm sure... took a greater toll on him than Hiroki expects.
Norileaf chapter 38 . 12/14/2014
First of all: I LOVE this story.
Everytime I'm thinking "Ah, now this will happen" there's an unexpected twist and I appreciate that very much. To be honest, I'm not such a big fan of AU, but this is probably the only FF where I don't mind it (and I like the way you included scenes from the original manga/anime).
One scene that's still stuck in my mind was the telephone conversation of Nowaki and his 'mother'. I'm not sure if you intented it or if it's just my imagination, but to use the word "homo" felt to me like self-debasing, and wow, somehow it really touched me.
As for the last chapter... oh my... Again, I love that twist. Yes, it's not a "pleasent" chapter, and I still didn't come to terms how I feel about it (should I despise Hiroki or shall I think "Serves Haruhiko right" and what would've been a fair thing to happen?). Personally, I think if you make your readers just as torn and confused as your characters, then it speaks of great talent for writing.
I just honestly hope that you'll make Akihiko a little bit more likeable in later chapters, because right now I think "What an a-hole", haha.
I'm looking forward to your next chapter, no matter if they get their reunion yet. :)
ivy chapter 38 . 12/14/2014
Wow. This was an especially difficult chapter for me to read, especially because Hiroki is one of my favorite characters (not just within the manga, but over all). Needless to say, your writing was impeccable. It almost made me feel like I was also viewing this story as a flashback from Hiroki's retrospective-perspective if that makes sense? So the emotions were weighted doubly as Hiroki undoubtedly still shoulders this emotional burden coming back home. I anxiously await for the reunion between Hiroki and Nowaki!
Tentai.t chapter 38 . 12/13/2014
Sensei! I cried! I CRIED! Poor hirosan. You know your magic is working when your readers can really empathize with your protagonist and really hate, i mean HATE your antagosists like ireallywannathrottlehisneckjustalittlethiswayandthat kinda *cough fans myself*.
I know you must have dug reeeeeaal deep again to get this chapter out. I just want to say thank you for braving the pain in order for your fans to have such a beautiful heart wrenching story.
Tentai
barettachante chapter 38 . 12/13/2014
First of all, there is nothing you could write that would ever make me abandon this story!
That being said...another emotional chapter! My heart and body clenched right along with Hiroki's every step of the way! He must have felt so much like all that clay he was surrounded by in the studio..fragile, unfinished and eventually broken...I love how you tied that all together! And the meaning of the first button?...the symbolism of that was amazing! After losing that, young Hiroki must have felt as though he would never truly being to anyone...it's as if any 'innocence' he had left was tied up in that one little treasure...and now it was lost forever...
I'm wondering if the time frame will be similar to the manga/anime...if these two will separate for a few years...before finally reuniting again? I really hope not! But of course, that is the author's prerogative!

I love this couple...always have!
Love you!
Your faithful reader!
-BC
boredatmybakery chapter 38 . 12/12/2014
Wow what a way to return! I had forgotten how angst this story could get. My heart broke for poor Hiroki, for the whole Kamijou family really. Such a horrible misunderstanding. I mean I understand why Hiroki did that but still... It explains why his father acts the way he does towards him too. Everything is all starting to come together. I can't wait to see what you have in store! Also thank you for writing this despite having to return to a dark place; it's somewhere people can easily get stuck in. If you feel up to it though then I'll gladly join you on this journey you've written out. :)
iloveanime1919 chapter 38 . 12/12/2014
Oh, my heart... it's been torn to shreds after reading this. I've never really resented Haruhiko or Hiroki's father in any other stories I've read, but now I feel like I've never hated another character so much. It also makes more sense now how Hiroki's mother interacts with him (2?3?) chapters ago that she didn't know what happened to him here. Thanks for clearing that up here.

Just like the last chapter, the way you wrote the flashback was very nicely done, and poetic too. Everything flowed well and I was getting so caught up in Hiroki's thoughts and emotions I hardly noticed that I reached the end until my mouse stopped scrolling, so keep up the awesome work :)

(and in answer to your reply from my review) of course I'll stay with you till the end of this fic! This story, as well as your other fic Full Moon Typhoon, are my favorite stories in this whole fandom! No matter how long the wait between updates, I will stay with them till the bitter (or hopefully sweet) end.
Don't Preach chapter 38 . 12/12/2014
I would like to thank the reviewer Gummybear for pointing out this chapter conflicted with the narrative in chapter 32- "Family Reunion."

My fault, for being away from the story so long: that moment of Hiroki being caught by his father with another boy is a thread that runs through and is alluded to in many of my Egoist stories and I'd forgotten how clearly I'd spelled it out here.

Hopefully it will not disappoint you readers too much, but I went back and edited the conflicting chapter to make it congruent, especially since new twist seems imperative to me right now and the unfolding of the rest of the story.

Thanks again for stepping up, Gummy!
1,274 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »