Reviews for You Watch My Back, I Watch Yours
ccase13 chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Dean sure does hate for Sam to protect him. He would always be the only protector among the Winchester brothers if Sam would let him get away with it.
zekeschance chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Loved this! So, so true! Dean realizing Sam wanted to protect him as much as Dean protects Sam. Perfection. Thanks so much!
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Lovely. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Be well,

Karen
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Wow, this was beautiful. Loved it!
RainbowofBeautifulRoses chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Very cool story! I hope you write more stories, because I think the way you write flows very nicely.

My favorite line:

Dean's stomach clenched involuntarily. He'd forgotten what it did to him when Sam made these emotional declarations. How it broke down his walls, neutralized all of his trademark defences and made him feel that being Sam Winchester's big brother was the best job in the world.
DELETED ACCOUNT 10123 chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Love, love, love.

I really do love this series, and this 'verse.

-K
kiwimoonelmo chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Awesome!What a great story.I've not read the others but I will check them
Twinchester Angel chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
"I had to look out for you. That's my job!" "And what do you think my job is?" "Huh?" "You've saved my life, over and over. You've sacrificed everything for me. Don't you think I'd do the same for you? You're my big brother. There's nothing I wouldn't do for you. And I don't care what it takes, I'm gonna get you outta this. Guess I'm gonna hafta save your *ss for a change." *heart breaks* I love how they love each other. I don't care what people say about John. I think he did the best he could given the circumstances and really, most importantly, what he did, whether you agree with his methods or not, was give these boys to each other. If John had done anything different, these boys wouldn't have bonded so deeply, they wouldn't be so in tune with each other, they wouldn't be so fiercely protective of each other, and they wouldn't be so dependent on each other. They wouldn't have each others' backs like this. They wouldn't be so codependent and thus they wouldn't have been able to stop the apocalypse. Most importantly, they wouldn't have beautifully angsty, snarky, emotional moments like this one. You know I think of their relationship as multi multi multi faceted, brothers, best friends, soulmates, hunting partners, and parent-child. And what you've written here just screeeeeams parent-child. Dean is having a hard time wrapping his head around the fact that Sammy has grown up and he certainly doesn't wanna face Sam not needing him like he used to. All parents go through that with their kids to some extent. And most parents aren't faced with highly dangerous day-to-day life or death peril. But Dean was wrong. Sam did still need him, probably more than ever. I think even now, in S7, he still does. But Sam also needs Dean to allow him to protect Dean in return. And considering their codependent, symbiotic, soulmate relationship, Sam protecting Dean and vice versa, is also them protecting themselves. They do what they do as much to protect each other from danger as they do it to protect themselves from losing each other. Ahhhhh the sweet, screwed up, beautifully tangled, dysfunctional, codependent, need they have for each other! What's not to love? As usual, you captured them perfectly and I really enjoyed this. Thank you so much! *hugs*
Justbec chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Awww that was great! :)

Becky
jensensgirl3 chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Dean is always going to be Dean when Sam is concern, he will always look out for his little brother no matter what. Sam will do the same thing with Dean always be there for him, they both will never change when it comes to loving and protecting each other.
Jedi Sapphire chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
This was so sweet! I think you've really, beautifully captured the changing dynamic of the boys' relationship S1 and the first half of S2. And the way you write the boys' bickering - perfect!
winchestersunited chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
And that's why Sam is the smart one.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 8/27/2011