Reviews for The End Is Where We Start From
chartreuseian chapter 2 . 8/29/2011
This has got to be some of the most beautiful angst I have ever read! Poignant and brilliant! There is something so quiet and understated about this and, despite being so sad, it always brings a little smile to my face. And Nikola's reaction is so in character and heartbreaking!

While I hate that Helen is dead, you've written it so well that I will totally be following this story to the end :) Fantastic work.
CSIGurlie07 chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
This was... interesting.

Good, yes. But I'm afraid I don't quite understand the premise. I get the basics... but there's the who and the why that's eluding me. I understand that the who may not be so important, but the why is.

The most important why is: why would she make that request of him?

It started out so dark and seductive, but then using the f-bomb was completely jarring. Which is fine, except that Nikola barely reacted. If he was just as jarred as I was, it'd be more appropriate, but as is I feel like I'm missing something.

Is this a one shot? Or will there be another chapter to help explain things?
lastrequest chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Wow, you weren't kidding about the angst!

And seriously, I was tearing up.

Beautifully written, but feel so sad for Niko!
chartreuseian chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Oh golly, that was dark and twisted and beautiful all at the same time. Wonderfully written with absolutely riveting descriptions! Fantastic (if not very, very sad) job!
Dr. Heinrich Baumschlager chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Wowie zowie. This fic IS mean, but in an elegant way, if that makes sense. Your plot is very plausible and it would be wicked fun to see on the actual show (except for our heroine's death...then there would be no more tv show, but in FanFic world anything goes) and you have characterized both protagonists well.

Your visual descriptions are also excellent. Usually I detest lengthy paragraphs, but they were constructed so well that I was more and more intrigued as the story went on. I really felt like I was in the room with both of them.

And Tesla's story at the end was incredibly sad...

Great fic!