Reviews for With Brothers Like These
surveycorps chapter 18 . 5/27
This story is amazing, an great way of showing their relationships
I can't wait for future chapters, of they're will be any :P
Well39 chapter 18 . 3/20
I love your work, and honestly, your descriptions make me laugh every time. I look forward to an update - if this is being continued, that is.
Well39 chapter 10 . 3/19
Yes. Yes on so many levels. Oh dear lord you write this perfectly.
AshesOnTheWind chapter 18 . 1/16
I will literally grovel to you with the combined powers of the Republic of Ireland and England if you update ;)

This chapter was good - and I really, really hope you don't think is is offensive or opinionated because I do want to keep this light-hearted - but the Republic of Ireland technically didn't fight the guerilla war. The massive problem is that so many of them supported the cause; Fianna Fáil was made up of ex-Sinn Féin supporters who were anti-Treaty from the start, but they didn't officially fight. Of course, there were people like Haughey and Lynch who supplied the IRA with weapons and then later went on to become Taoiseach themselves, and Gerry Adams is now leader of Sinn Féin. But there were also many others who respected the wishes of the unionists in the North to be a part of the UK; de Valera was actually given the offer of an end to partition if he joined WW2, but refused because the North wouldn't agree. Though how much of that was respect for their views and how much of that was just that he didn't want a civil war is debatable ;)

The IRA was made illegal, and efforts were made to apprehend those involved, although the effort made was small. Anti-loyalist sentiment was strong, especially after events like Bloody Sunday and the whole gerrymandering thing that went on - ironic really, as the reason the loyalists wanted to stay was because they were afraid they would be discriminated against as a Protestant minority in a Republic that would certainly be Catholic, and then they went ahead and discriminated against the Catholics themselves. But really, the Republic of Ireland and the North of Ireland have never technically been at war; the government of the South was never responsible for any of the attacks, and the the government of the North wasn't behind
Larthrain chapter 18 . 12/16/2014
I love your writing so much! This is one of the best family fics I've read, and your writing is so strong it's awesome. Thanks for writing this!
Osiria Rose chapter 18 . 10/13/2014
Aww, I love this story and your portrayal of the relationship between the British Isles - *cough* I mean, Northwest European Archipelago (the Republic didn't hear that, did she? *throws a wary, nervous look around*). The switch between lighthearted and serious chapters is a bit jarring, but all of them are very well-written. And I think that if I ever need to write Scotland I'll probably be looking back on this story, as I have no idea how to write a Scottish accent. Overall, an excellent, beautiful story. I've kind of been on a NEA spree lately, and this story is exactly what I needed to help satiate it, thank you :) - Yours faithfully, Siri.
Argentum Tantibus chapter 14 . 6/23/2014
Technically, Guy Fawkes was not drawn or quartered. He broke his neck. A contemporary wrote: "His body being weak with the torture and sickness he was scarce able to go up the ladder, yet with much ado, by the help of the hangman, went high enough to break his neck by the fall."
Argentum Tantibus chapter 12 . 6/23/2014
I read this while drinking tea and completely agree with you.
Argentum Tantibus chapter 8 . 6/23/2014
People also keep calling Iggy an 'island nation'. England is not an island nation because he shares borders with Wales and Scotland. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland shares a border with the Republic of Ireland. "Britain" is an island, but not a valid name for the nation.

Geography is confusing. I think Pangaea was better.
Tre Corde chapter 18 . 6/20/2014
Just wanted to pop in to say that I really enjoyed this. It's got this consistent blend of zany/fun/awesome, as well as a few scattered chapters that are quite thoughtful and emotionally moving. Chapter 18, I think, was very sensitively written.

Other things? Characters were excellent; at times I forget that these are OC's. And even though this is basically a collection of one-shots, I liked how there was a subtle storyline consistency. As for the geography lesson way back in Chapter 8—hah, well, this clueless American certainly knows a little more about the British Isles than she did before.

Overall, a wonderful read. Thanks for writing!
laxus23 chapter 15 . 4/5/2014
This is for chapter 18.: UPDATE!Wow. This chapter was amazing. No! Northern Ireland stays with his brothers, ya hear me South?! I have a feeling Scotland will so something about UPDATE! GREAT JOB ON THE STORY! UPDATE!UPDATE!
laxus23 chapter 17 . 4/5/2014
Nice chapter. I liked how they pretended to open their presents
laxus23 chapter 16 . 4/5/2014
Not the Peter Pan Book...I would be in Scotland's team. Right in the face!
laxus23 chapter 14 . 4/5/2014
poor England. Brothers do stick forever :)
laxus23 chapter 13 . 4/5/2014
"They look stupider than you." I love their costumes. Robin Hood. William Wallace. Doctor Who. A Leprechaun. A picture image for them. Trying to think of sad and serious things..sounds like me. I thought America would Captain America. I don't like the Republic of Ireland. For some reason she's too...much of a hypocrite. I mean wasn't it bad enough leaving her brothers? Loved this chapter though