Reviews for The Breakup
Eclectic Butterfly chapter 4 . 9/20/2011
AWW! Sweet! Nice how you referenced things from the second movie and gave them a nice beginning, like the "We're having 10 seconds of silence. 'kay? 10 seconds," and "Sam, I'm breaking up with you."

Can't wait to read more from you! Keep up the awesome work!

~Eclectic Butterfly~
Glad-to-not-live-in-the-US chapter 4 . 9/20/2011
great chapter. On another note: the US school social system, groups/castes and life... no wonder there are so many messed-up people over there with what they go through in school. The European system is in regards to that much better and people-friendly, but unfortunately Europe feels this stupid, incomprehensible and idi-otic need to copy the US in EVERYTHING, so this social class-ification is slowly becoming introduced here too. The only thing slowing it down is that mostly we don't have football fields and other sport facilities big enough to create the social class of jocks and cheerleaders by allowin school-sponsored teams.

Not all shiny (coming from the US) is gold, after all, in the dark, even fresh feces can reflect light.
Von chapter 4 . 9/20/2011
"he'd never apologized for destroying all her other friendships "

Ugh, I hate it when the main girls are written as can-do-no-wrong beacons of perfection and their male counterparts spend most of their time realising their own substandard nature and grovelling.

There's a lot I love about your stories, but the one glaring (nauseating) bad thing is how you write your main relationships. If Sam's not abusing his primely powers to get Mikaela a pearl necklace (for what? Putting up with him?) or bringing her flowers for imagined slights, then he's existing as little more than an indicator of maturity and emotional strength for Mikaela to outdo.

Maggie, Sarah and Mikaela all seem to be the same doll with different wigs. The only flawed female characters we see are bit-players, which in turn merely highlights the main female's awesomeness.

And what is Sam but a selfish, self-centered, grovelling little boy who seems to be both massively egotistical yet lacking in any self-worth at the same time?

Okay, to be fair, the latest movie certainly seemed to write him that way. :)

At the end of this rant, I want to apologise. I don't enjoy the way you portray your main female characters, nor the way you write Sam and Mikaela's relationship, but that's just me. Different strokes, and all that. Why do I say something now instead of just not reading? I guess I'm just sooking. :D I really want to be able to read your stuff - a lot of it is just plain fun! But every time I try, I end up wading through extreme girl-power stuff that makes me cringe. :S So, please ignore me now.
Isis the Sphinx chapter 4 . 9/19/2011
Wow. Brilliant ending. Kinda sucks that they both lost their friends, especially Sam, but still brilliantly written.

Those two...gonna be together for quite a long time, since you wrote them like this.

Very nicely done, and I love how it fits in your universe.

Keep writing!
Quathis chapter 4 . 9/19/2011
Lots and lots of drama here. The breakup of Miles and Sam blended well with the testing of Sam and Mikaela's relationship. Both teens grew together and overcame various obstacles, including a little ole granny. Good chapter, laughed at Bee's aid to the cause, and the almost bashful confession he gave. Good chapter, enjoyed it. Until next time.
Anodythe chapter 4 . 9/19/2011
Sweet!I enjoy the little side stories as they add more dimension to characters that we all feel something about.
IronRaven chapter 4 . 9/19/2011
I thought this was done.

Bee: "But wait, there's more!"

I liked it. It writes off Miles very nicely. (Much nicer than what I had in mind- it involved Miles being let in on the secret, being found wanting, a tire iron, Bee's trunk, two cinder blocks and a bridge. *evil laugh*) The only one worry is a timing bit. Mikela's grandmother's grandfather fought in WWII? *frowns* Timing, timing... Her father would have been of that generation; her grandfather would have been WWI, but he wouldn't have been shooting Nazis. Although the trenches of WWI made more use of marksmen than the Western front in WWII did- that isn't to say they weren't there, but not as significant. Unless her grandfather was on the Eastern front, in which case he would have probably been a Russian, and those Russian farmboys made great marksmen!
SunlightOnTheWater chapter 4 . 9/19/2011
Sweet, funny, and definitely living up to expectations! Loved it and can't wait to see what's next!
Ell Bee Someone Else Now chapter 4 . 9/19/2011
Sooo glad I'm outta high school. Pretty funny fic, though.
yamiishot chapter 4 . 9/19/2011
Aww, sitting here with a goofy smile on my face now :D
Valkyra chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
Oh. My. Gosh. You did it. You really did it. You SURPASSED the chapter I fell in love with. AAUUGGHHHH Why are you all so BRILLIANT? Just slap this all into a book so I can have it forever or something! Seriously, GET INTO PUBLISHING. Or become writers for the Transformers series, or something, because your writing is GORGEOUS. I can't even describe the amount of fangirlism I get when I read this stuff - it's like my crack. Except it's not crack, because its good for me, but I'm still addicted!

I'm probably freaking you guys out right now. (Sorry. It's just that all your work is SO GOOD.)

I'm just going to go read all your stuff over and over now.

Tl;dr version: I LOVE THIS STORY.
The Dark Lord Redrall chapter 3 . 9/13/2011
Hey...

You forgot on the sound clips "Life is a Highway" by Van Morrison (or Rascal Flatts). Otherwise, great chapter!

Dark Loord Redrall
Hittocere chapter 3 . 9/12/2011
SQUEEE! *you'll get no coherency from me this time* Squee... SQUEEEEEEE! *fangirl squealing and giggling all the way to the review button* Great addition, so how much longer do you think this one will be?
Isis the Sphinx chapter 3 . 9/12/2011
D'aaaawwwwww...Go Bumblebee! His thoughts were so funny. I can see he just wanted to grab them both and say "Dammit, kiss already!"

Loads of fun to read. Is there going to be more? Keep writing!
SunlightOnTheWater chapter 3 . 9/12/2011
Aww..cute ending! Loved it and great work! Can't wait to see what's next! (Wow...that's a lot of exclamation marks)
78 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »