Reviews for And I'm Calling on You to Be My Lifeline
mick3y92 chapter 7 . 10/8/2011
omg i cant even this was so sad i mean i love how santana cares so much about brittany but how can she not love herself creys everywhere i just need santana to be happy my heart hurts for her
terriblemuriel chapter 7 . 10/8/2011
I'm really enjoying this story. You do an excellent job of conveying Santana's hopelessness and despair, whole assuring us that she's still trying: she's calling the help line (she thinks) after all. And with Tina you've introduced a great deal of depth and caring into a character that unfortunately the show hasn't. Bravo!
ScorpioP chapter 7 . 10/8/2011
Astonishingly well done. You capture Santana so perfectly. Keep it going.
Dani2606 chapter 7 . 10/8/2011
Amazing, as always!

'Finally, Tina asks the game-wining question. "Do you love yourself?"

Santana hangs up, but all Tina hears is a loudly resounding 'no.'

Santana loves Brittany so whole-heartedly that she leaves absolutely nothing for herself.'

- This part had me crying like a baby ... because I can actually imagine that this is exactly what Santana was thinking and feeling like.

Can't wait for more!
rustedroots chapter 6 . 10/3/2011
This fic is so sad, but amazing at the same time! Great chapter :)
myangryteddybear chapter 6 . 10/3/2011
Another great chapter. I actually read your update the day you posted it but didn't have time to review then...but I'm glad for that b/c it gave me a chance to let it sink in and let me think on it. The more I went over the chapter in my head, the more I decided that I loved it.

You gave us a chance to see Tina and Santana actually interact the day after THAT call. That scene was very well done and didn't feel like the interaction was at all forced which it had a lot of potential to be, but you totally nailed it instead. Tina came across as being genuinely sincere, which she was, but also not acting suspicious or as though she knew something she wasn't supposed to which is something Santana would instantly have picked up on if Tina HAD been acting like that. And Santana revealed a lot more to Tina than she realized since, had Tina not been privy to her insecurities and general emotions, then she wouldn't have picked up on much of what Santana had REALLY been saying. Like when Santana said she'd had help getting through the situation the night before, the look she shot Brittany might imply to anyone else that Britt was the one to help her through it. Even how she referred to it was an understatement that only Tina could appreciate since she heard it all...just as she know exactly how much it means to Santana that she didn't lose her best friend. Still, it was nice to see Santana inadvertently admitting that the person on the phone helped her to that very person b/c she's obviously not the kind of person that would typically thank someone for helping her...at least not on purpose. Nicely done.

Santana was kept very much in-character and that is something that I greatly appreciate considering that, in stories where she is depressed and-or suicidal, writers sometimes can't pull it off. She doesn't give too much away when talking to Tina. She's more open than usual given that she doesn't really ever actually talk to Tina(that she knows about at least). However, the circumstances make it believable b/c it would make sense that she would be slightly more open after having such an emotional night then doing something as difficult as quitting Cheerios(which she admitted herself and Tina acknowledged internally) as well as being on a happy-high after the halftime performance. She has adrenaline and endorphins running through her system so she's going to be more willing and open to Tina's questioning.

Also, I loved that you avoided one of the major pitfalls of these kinds of stories where, after one major incident or conversation everything is suddenly all okay again. You did a wonderful job of conveying that, no, things aren't all okay and not everything is sunshine and roses, but that things are at least manageable right now...until it isn't so much anymore.

We all know how horrible things were for Santana during Valentine's Day and you did well in finding a balance between making it out to be some tragedy and glossing over how angsty it had to have been. It's realistic that we see Santana's insecurities are still there and unresolved as well as a crop of new ones coming up now that she doesn't have Cheerios anymore and that her grades are still, unfortunately, suffering. I was glad that you didn't ignore how it was going to obviously affect her since she no longer has cheerleading. I was so glad that she finally told Tina what had happened that started it all off and it was great to see Tina pushing her when she asked "If you really loved her wouldn't it had been worth it?" She's pushing Santana to acknowledge her feelings and accept them and really come to terms with who she is.

The scene at BreadstiX was short, but it still was more than enough to almost make me cry. So sad that Santana is hurting to the point where her smile for Brittany is forced. And I found this line so heartbreaking and beautiful: "It's only when Brittany does something that can only be described as Brittany that Santana really smiles, when her love outshines her pain." Very well put. And the saddest part was when you pointed out

how "few and far between" those smiles are since they aren't hanging out or anything very much anymore. It makes me hurt for Santana even more.

Poor Santana- and Tina- since she is crying and upset so much that she accidentally calls Tina so much by mistake. Even worse is that she doesn't mention Sam, which I'm sure must frustrate and confuse Tina a bit too. And while Tina is right about Sam possibly being good for Santana, she knows that being with him is only hurting Santana more if she's always sobbing over how much of a mess she's made of things.

I liked how, at the end, when you mentioned Brittany's response to Sam being with Santana. You showed that Britt may be at least a little jealous and reminding us that this is hurting Brittany too. I'd almost hope to see Tina reaching out to Brittany to see how she's affected by everything with Santana or to see if she's noticed how depressed Santa's been lately. I almost wanted her to after that call last chapter, but it might not have been entirely fair or responsible. Since it would seem as though she was forcing her to be w/ Santana only to pass off responsibility for Santana's feelings or to force Britt to be with Santana only to keep her from trying it again. Still, I would think that Tina would want to maybe talk to Britt and see if she can get her to at least reach out to Santana more...even if nothing more than as a friend. Even if that doesn't happen, I have full faith in you that it will work out fine since you clearly know what you're doing.

I also wanted to mention that I'm glad Tina was able to get some sense of relief after talking to Santana in person and seeing that she had been doing better after the call the previous night. It's good that she has Mike and he is such an uncerstanding and caring boyfriend that she can lean on when things get to hard for her to handle on her own. We can also see that she's torn b/c of how she's such good friends with Artie and Brittany and she's happy for how happy they are together, but she also has intimate knowledge of how hard it is on Santana. It hurts her to know how much pain San is going through and she wants her to be happy too and she knows she can't really reach out to her b/c they haven't talked much...at least not to San's knowledge.

Things should definitely be really interesting w/ Blame It On the Alcohol coming up soon. And I'm actually kind of afraid of what's going to happen when you get to the events/repercussions of Sexy. I'm thinking that we'll get another chapter like this last one.

Wow, this is probably the longest review i've ever written. Sorry about that. I guess maybe waiting so long to review left me tTOO much time to analyze it all *smirks* Just interpret this as a sign of how good of a writer you are and how much I enjoyed your latest installment. I'll be waiting anxiously until next Saturday for your next one.
turnitintolove chapter 6 . 10/2/2011
I really love this fic. But I have a feeling that the Hurt Locker phone call is not going to be a good one...at all. But seriously, thank you for writing this.
teezee chapter 6 . 10/1/2011
Great chapter as always.
after8icecream chapter 6 . 10/1/2011
I really like this fic
mick3y92 chapter 6 . 10/1/2011
i love how tina is trying to get closer to santana and trying to bring her out of her shell when she talks on the phone with her cant wait for more
Dani2606 chapter 6 . 10/1/2011
I love how Tina is actually trying to interact with Santana and look out for her in school ... I think that she'd really have needed someone like that during the whole Barfie debacle in Season 2 and to see this fic give that to her is warming my heart :). Can't wait for more! Oh, btw, is Tina ever gonna tell anyone else or Santana about it?
Literaryluminations chapter 6 . 10/1/2011
This is just heartbreaking to read. Poor bb Santana.
ellociin chapter 5 . 9/28/2011
this was such a sad and serious chapter. great update
Literaryluminations chapter 5 . 9/25/2011
I just want to scoop Santana and Tina into a giant hug and never let go. Poor bbs.

This story is making me cry. Wow. Just...wow. I have no words. BRILLIANT job.
AGleefulEnding chapter 5 . 9/25/2011
Oh good lord, my tears are filling entire oceans right now D:

Such a beautifully written story and moving, adding this piece to my favorites, keep up the amazing work 3
216 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »