Reviews for Alexander's Lovers
Ms.JackieFan chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Good stuff. I think you caught the essential Bagoas, and though Hepaistion has always been a mystery to me, you give him a sense of comraderie with Bagoas that was defo more in The Persian Boy than in Oliver Stone's Alexander.
NoLongerActive11111 chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
Hey, long time no see. :)

Nice little story. I liked Alexander's story a lot in history, however, I would be the first one to say that I didn't get in-depth with it, therefore if someone did, I love reading it.

Yes, I remember when Alexander took Roxana as his wife, a marriage out of need as well. I would imagine Hephaistion would feel exactly as he felt in this story, being concerned, protective, and yet knowing that he had a special place in Alexander's heart no one would take.

It is also an interesting tidbit I did not know about that in Macedonia becoming a man meant to kill; somehow I find it very suiting that you mentioned it in this little piece and that part of conversation was quite powerful.

I also loved the end and the one kiss they shared. And the alliance seemed quite interesting. A battle indeed. :)

If you ever decide to continue or turn it like into some mini series, I would love to read more.

Thank you!

Mistress of Nightmares chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
omg Hephaistion and Bagoas being friends is my favourite thing but the idea of it hardly occurs to anyone, so I'm glad you wrote this. 3

Also Hephaistion's opinions (and your's, I would assume lol) on the reasonings behind the marriage, seeing Olympias in Roxana etc. etc. are my thoughts exactly. :)
Gif chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
A very unusual couple, and a peculiar version of Alexander's wedding night: I liked it. Well done!

I hope you will write more about ATG, I would like to read your ideas on other episodes of his life.