Reviews for Life
T'PeeJ chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Took me awhile to read this, but it's wonderful and fun.
ladyAlyafaelyn chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
I don't think I'll ever tire of reading your hilarious Tin Man stories. They bring me JOY.

Personal favorite moments are "Az, toss me a suitor." and Cain smashing said suitor with his gun. He totally would, so help me Dumbledore!

Keep up the awesomeness!
Dreamingdreams chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
:) I have read this 2 or 3 times already. I just love it. All I have to say is "Go Cain! Kill the lord piece that just married your princess" *laughing so hard can't help it*
Miller0259 chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

"Glitch told him to stop cheating" made me laugh hysterically
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
When DG skipped back into the room some fifteen minutes later, she was surprised to discover that her new husband fallen from their vehicle whilst on their honeymoon. It had apparently been a bad fall, making the lord appear as if he'd been crushed by a solid, flat, and possibly metal object – like the butt of a gun. - *Giggle!SNORT*
Hope Meijer chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
I can so see this being the story of their relationship; dancing around the subject, never approaching it directly, but almost hinting at it with their jealousy-driven actions! I have visions of DG sabotaging whomever ends up 'marrying' Cain in the game.

Perfect, as always!
Megan McAlistair chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
"Cain really didn't know how he got talked into these things."

off to a hilarious start, poor helpless Cain being drawn into what I assume is another one of DG's schemes or idée fixes

"it was detailed enough"

a bit like chess was used to train strategic thinking and great chess-players are always great strategists

"I'm getting married!"

whatever they're playing, I'd love to see his face at that moment

"Az, toss me a suitor,"

I had to laugh so hard

it makes so much sense in context but thinking of it in real-world terms, it's so funny

I mean, they really have so many suitors that they could spend all day tossing them at each other

"Cain cast a glance between where the little Tin Man in a white wagon was apparently still going to school and the honeymooning lord and scowled."

jealous of a little figurine that doesn't even have a name?

never, it is just a game after all, Cain would never do something as utterly ridiculous as shooting a little piece of wood over a pretend marriage

"there was just one thing he had to do first"

wish his fellow players a fun time?

oh, Cain... poor Cain

"making the lord appear as if he'd been crushed by a solid, flat, and possibly metal object"

her skills of deduction are remarkable

and Cain is so sweet

"that's life."

what, living with the constant threat of being crushed by the tin man if you so much as look at the Crown Princess?

actually that might be true

a very cute and funny story

I like it

someone should do a D&D comic of the mini-series, like Darths and Droids
forestofmyown chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
That was great, as usual :) I'm recalling the story you did with Clue, and I'm beginning to think a board games series might be in order? :D *evil laughter*
EditorIncredulous chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
*snicker* I think you've started something here, m'dear, that your muse isn't going to let go of anytime soon - or your readers, for that matter. Between Az's guards, the fairy tails, and now board games, you're going to be kept very busy, heh heh heh...

While we're all trying to slip a little inspiration to your muse, I'm just going to drop in my two cents and mention Pictionary, which I think has a lot of opportunity for hilarity in the OZ... Particularly if DG and Gulch are paired up and making short work of it with Othersider references... Or better yet, if Gulch and Az are paired and DG has to keep burying her face in nearby pillows to keep from shouting out answers to a frustrated Az...

Brilliant piece of work, as usual. A glitching Glitch-cum-Ambrose over the Alchemist thing is a treasure of an image, which got me through a singularly tough night shift. I thank you from the bottom of my grinning heart.
TheDuchessTab chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
That totally rocked! I was laughing so hard at Cain! LOVED LOVED it!
LittleMender chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
That was so cute and funny! And very creative. Loved that the little Tin Man was still going to school while everybody else was moving forward in Life. Funny that he couldn't figure out how or why he was playing but seeing that little lord in the honeymoon wagon seemed to crystallize everything for him.

Nice little story and really fun read, a.f.!
Queen Isabella chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
I don't think you can count this as creating a new category if you already have one story about a board game (clue!). Now, that being said, I am totally all for this new category. Can you just see DG asking Cain if he wants to play Trouble? Or what about the farcical confusion her asking him to play Go Fish? And Twister! Oh the fun that is to be had with Twister! I can totally see Jeb walking in on that game and saying something utterly inappropriate.

BTW, haha, now your muse is going to torture with ideas for this 'new' category! hee hee
Bookworm Gal chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Hehehe. Another amusing example of how odd boardgames in the O.Z. can make things. Once you add Monopoly to this and "Clue," you'll have all the good ones covered. Great work. Can't wait for more.
tripwatcher2 chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
LOL! That was terrific!
nightdrive23 chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
You were digging your own figurative grave as you wrote this story. First clue, then life, what's next...hmmmmmm...how about Risk...that sounds like a game Cain would enjoy...hehehe...

The game of Life was kind of like playing house, except with a board game...Monopoly's more fun.