Reviews for Contrition
I know I'm very late to this story, but by golly this is gorgeous. What a wonderful story, and the undercurrent of waiting for what John is to say. Well done.
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
I really enjoyed this! I loved the way that throughout, you kept back just what John wanted to say, only to reveal it right at the very end. That was a very nice touch.

I loved the emotion that you put into each snapshot of their future, whether it be the tentativeness of the beginning, to their growing joy as each stage progressed. Each section was beautiful in its individuality. I particularly enjoyed the game that they played about their married life. That was very sweet, with a hint of sexy too. Their wedding night was gorgeous. I loved the detail about how John actually found it all a bit strange at first. I think in everything I've both read and written, that sentiment has never come up, so it was refreshing take on it. But then I liked how easily it /did/ become natural to him.

The rest of the snapshots were lovely too. The final one with their whole family was particularly sweet. Loved the family dynamics you built up - Emily sounds like a handful! Though a wonderful one, I am sure. Anna's bit of cheek made me laugh, and it was so nice to read that John was finally being permitted to say the thing that he'd been wanting to for years. I really liked the fact that Anna held off with letting him until their life really was complete.

It was interesting to see it link right back to the scene that had started the whole thing off in the first place, and even though it was still painful to read, it hurt less knowing that they did get through it in such a beautiful fashion.

Great, as always.
JustAGirl24 chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Beautifully done! I love how you kept the audience intrigued by not revealing what John was going to tell her until the end. :)
anna4bates chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
I'm just realising with horror that I've never even reviewed this story! And it's one of my favourites! If not number one fav. The whole thing is just too adorable. I love that you keep us all guessing right the way through about what John so desperately wants to say to Anna. Also you paint the most gorgeous image of happy family Bates. Everything from playing a wishing game about what they're gonna have, to a honeymoon snippet, and then of course introduced to their children. I adored how you described Emily, saying that she inherited stubbornness in spades from both her parents. Too true!

All round, a brilliant read. Well done :)
poma14 chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
This is such a well-crafted story! Turned an awful scene into something perfect and so sweet! Loved domestic scene-vomit shoes-too funny!
FirstDraft chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
What a great, original little story - loved everything about it, from the way you kept us guessing as to what John wanted to tell Anna to the glimpses of their changing relationship (including a lovely honeymoon peak _) and the warm chaos of their family life.

Brilliant!
fanficfan71 chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
Great story, wonderful last chapter. Thanks for sharing.
sakurasencha chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
I'm not one for A/B romances but I really like this! My favorite part was the picture of their married life together. I loved reading about Anna as a capable Mom their growing and rambunctious family. I loved how you kept us waiting to the end to find out what Bates wanted to tell Anna; very clever how you tied everything together. You have a great way of conveying the emotion of every scene, great job!
augrah chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
*tackle hugs*

Oh, darling, this was perfection, rainbows and unicorns. I LOVE how you took a moment that had caused so many of us such agony and turned it into this beautiful exploration of their relationship. I love how you ended the story at the beginning, teasing us throughout, and that you allowed them their happiness.

CAN THIS BE SERIES 2? I can live through the heartache if this is what we get at the end. I want love and marriage and babies and naughty cake and vomit shoes and iceboxes and gardens and tomatoes.

PLEASE!

You are amazing, PBCD. Absolutely amazing.
StuckInThePast chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
That was just so beautifully refreshing I really don't know what to say. You write the characters so well and the way everything came together was perfect. I especially liked the "saying it" streak, that was beautiful.

Listen up, writers! This right here is what we want to see.
Miss Puppet chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Thank you *so* much! Thats probably the best possible way that scene can enfold.

It was beautifully writen and I loved the little snaps of their happy life together.
scaredofwriting chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
This was just amazing!

Please tell me that you somehow secretly got hold of the scripts for series two and this is exactly how things are going to turn out? *big sigh*

I love the way you write Anna and the fact she never gives up on him - I just love this couple!

Brilliant x
TheShippyQueen chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
This makes me very happy. Very, very happy!

I don't know where to begin...it was beautiful and honest and very realistic!

I loved every single bit of it, the angst, the love, the family life...per-fect-tion!

I hope this is exactly what we get for S2!