Reviews for Warriors Don't Cry
Dino-Rogue chapter 1 . 5/12/2014
This is pure, unadulterated BV! Thanks for writing this!
dragonbabezee chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
Nice. This is a pivotal time for Vegeta's character, and I think you did a great job fleshing out what he might have felt and thought and done. Top notch writing too.
Coofis chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Absolutely beautiful. Your writing style is exquisite, and this fanfic really touched me. I too was touched by the scene at the Cell Games after all of the other warriors flew away and Vegeta was left to his own bitter reflections. He was the first of the Z-Fighters to arrive and the last Z-Fighter to leave. (I'm not counting Hercule as a Z-Fighter for obvious reasons.)

As a writer, I've experienced that feeling where my inspiration kicks in and it is mandatory that I write whatever my brain is prompting me to write before I do anything else. Often times, inspiration strikes at the most eccentric hours of the morning or night and relentlessly bugs me until I finally sit down at my laptop, open Microsoft Word, and place my yearning fingers upon the keyboard!

This fanfiction deserves to be added to my Favorite Stories list. Many thanks for writing this fantastic work of art. Keep writing.
cyathula chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Hopefully this review will add an extra point to your other fandom fanfics. ;) I was actually reading this one when you replied. I was a huge fan of this couple about 20 years ago, and reading this makes me want to dust off my old manga and read it again! You did a great job on Vegeta... I honestly think Toriyama really tortured the poor prince by continually stripping away all Vegeta ever held dear and giving everything to the Goku family. It's still quite extreme how Vegeta could decide never to fight again, and I always wondered what he'd do otherwise (retrain as inventor/mechanic? ruthless businessman? P)
FireflyNat chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
loved it and you managed to keep vegeta in his character

nice nice nice :D
Raina1 chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
What a lovely well-written piece! I'm watching DBZ through for the first time and the scene at the end with Vegeta surprised me because I'd have thought a lot of fan fiction writers would have referred back to it but surprisingly yours is the first I've found to give that moment any particular focus. You'd have thought that would have been a turning point with his character that writers wouldn't ignore but apparently they do. Also oddly ignored is his "I'm sorry" to Gohan while he lies injured beside the boy, prompting Gohan to think if Vegeta, of all people, is openly apologizing to him, he must think they're about to die. Anyway. Good fic, REALLY good fic. Definitely favoriting. :)
XDarkAngelOfLoveX chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Awe! That was short but sweet! I think you got Vegeta perfectly. D
Hieiko chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Made me all teary-eyed.
GwenyfarLace chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
Heartfelt and well-written. I enjoyed the read.
blueflower1594 chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
Seriouly? MAN, why didn't this happen in the anime? "I'm not good at romance" the creator said. In yet here you did a perfectly cute scene while you were half asleep! AH!

Thanks for writing this. Although I doubt it was the case, I like to believe Vegeta had stayed for Bulma and Trunks. I think he did it though just so he could train the boy to be like future Trunks.

Oh well he makes it up in the Buu saga. Great one-shot!
chromeknickers chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
Aww, this was so very emotional. Poor Vegeta - he believes he has lost his honour when really he has kept it the entire time by trying, by never giving up. Being the best, being the strongest, doesn't make you honourable - holding onto your values and never giving up despite all odds does.

The dynamic between Bulma and Vegeta at the end is very heartfelt and honest and full off innocent love. She can help Vegeta regain a sense of himself by being a father and a husband. He will always be an honourable warrior - and some day he will realise that.

So, in short, you manage to convey all these themes to be and make the story enjoyable, even though I have no earthly inclination about the events that led to this plot. :D
pallyndrome chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
this is a great story. well done :)
writerdragonfly chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Wow. Just, wow.

Now, thanks to you I've read a LOT of these fics lately, but to be honest, I think you've captured that moment so well. It's beautiful work, darling.

Love, Ky

PS I went to re-review, and THIS popped up!
koii chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
It's rare to find a well-written Vegeta crying scene. Well done.

This part in the series definitely speaks volumes about Vegeta's character. His whole "I'll never fight again" monologue showed that he was very broken and depressed after Cell's defeat, but then when we see him 7 years later he seems to be back to his warrior self. Obviously with the help of Bulma and Trunks ;)

All in all, short, sweet, and a good read :)
memmek10k chapter 1 . 8/28/2011