Reviews for One of US
briana.schmidt1 chapter 1 . 5/21
XD you should totally do that. That sounds like a fun story
Black Kaitou chapter 1 . 8/14/2014
This was a awesome story, and had some good points in it.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 6/25/2014
...you know... When America being told he's arrogant and ignorant and whatever bad sound he is, i was kinda upset... And i'm not even American... And i'm mostly almost always on England's side...

But right now, i kinda in America's side...

Well, America should be relief i guess since Captain America not die yet actually...
theawesomeisadora chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
omg, the first time i watched Captain America I thought "if they make a movie about hetalia, this guy just HAS to be America!" THEY LOOK EXACTLY ALIKE! I loved the fic, too!
cipheranalysist chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
I've been looking for a crossover like this, and the character interaction deserves a thumbs up and a good fit of laughter. ;)
Diana360 chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
I always love reading this story! It's just so awesome. I could totally see America in Captain America and in the Avengers.(I saw Captain America just because of Hetalia. :D)
SafetyScissors chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
This was both hilarious (she-you, bahaha. Peggy was remarkably well, British) well written, and sorta…philosophical. It's nice that you appearently arent from America-I always feel bad writing my nation anything less than perfect.

Good job! Thank you so much for writing it.
invisibleink1834 chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
When I first saw Captain America, I thought he looked exactly like Alfred, so I loved this fic :)
TheUn-AwesomeMe chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
This is actually a really good concept to consider, and interesting as well.

I think it was very Alfred-like to be jealous of Cap. America, and I found it amusing how they got their names confused.

Also, I had been waiting for England to sock him one already. He was taking his time for the right moment...bu least he did-America was being a pretty big jerk.
KaleidoscopeKreation chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Oh.

Gosh.

This is an absolutely fantastic crossover. Really, I love it. Just... meeep, it's heartfelt and tragic, and angst-ridden, but it made me laugh out loud in places too... And all the points that you made are great. Just great.

I have one word of criticism for an otherwise flawless fic: At the end, you gave America a kind-sorta-speech about the nations and Captain America and so on. It was brilliant and emotional, BUT (there's always a but) it somehow didn't seem like America's tone. It seemed too premeditated and precise. I know that at that point in a fic, it's nice to have a really meaningful speech, but somehow, it didn't seem IC to have America skewer the point like that. But that's me nit-picking. Just sayin'.

I'm glad that you had a good time in America. Which states did you see? North? South? Coast? Prairie? I'm curious now. And you're right that Hetalia just makes everything laughable. It may be immature, but gosh, it's just SO MUCH FUN. And heck, we all need a bit of fun in our lives. So there.

Keep up the good work! *sounds unintentionally patronising*

Izzy

PS: I didn't see at Expo. D: Pity. I bet that your cosplay was great.
natcat5 chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Wow. I've never watched the movie but I really enjoyed this! It was kind of humorous at first, then kind of sad with how rude Alfres was acting, and then /really/ sad. I was glad of America's revelation at the end. It was very profound (should have expected nothing less from you).

Oh yeah, just came from Solitaire. Should have known it was you by the sheer amazingness of that story. You really write the best, most unique, most enthralling stories. Especially USUK. ( I really need to read the rest of them already! )
Narroch chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
I'm still peeved that this silly site ate my reviews. Though, I think it might have been just me/my account/my computer since everyone else's seemed to go through. :/

ANYWAY. This fic. Thank you for writing it and including all the weird meta-y goodness that was ALL OVER that movie! (in 3D, with our double cupcakes XD) I'm glad you included the last section, when America's childishness is somewhat explained (I'm a country, both the good and the BAD) because otherwise even I was like, GOD! America! Stop being such a twat! XD

And good ol Cap wasn't even phased, such a good whole-grain hero!

Thanks for dedicating the fic to me, with all the driving we did together, seeing England name-places in America, hehehehe... (Now if only we could crank out some Pangaya, hmm? X3)
TheCoventryConundrum chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
i love this!
Bumblebeecamaro38 chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Awesome! Oh no I sound like Prussia! XD

You should make one where Captain America comes back 70 years later. :D
dragonheart3 chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Wow. The way you wrote that...just wow.

I knew I eyed that genre with good reason. XD All your stories seem sad and solemn. It's a good way to write.

Anyways, one line that really stuck out to me was:

"You're capable of it. We all are, you know. Resentment is one of the worst things about the world. It's the kind of thing that starts wars."

Really? This is just great. I think it stands well on its own, and I've even written it down because I love it so much. (I hope you don't mind. I sure as hell am not gonna take credit for this piece of genius)

I suppose...when you think about it, America probably wouldn't like Rogers. Though he definitely deserved a slap here...and he got it. "That's why I'm Captain America and you're just... well, just America." Holy shit, that even sent ME reeling. Poor Alfred. D:

And I'm gonna be honest, even though I DID squeal at the WWII time frame, and the "lol USUK" between Rogers and Peggy, I have to say I didn't really like the movie. :/ I know, shoot me all you want, but I felt as if it was really cheesy, and kinda...I don't know. A lame depiction/personification of the USA. Rogers didn't even work for his powers, he just kinda cheated and got them, unlike all the other ones who worked for theirs or somehow got them from a freak accident. Step in machine small, come out big and awesome (and hot! Chris Evans...oh my god) But yeah. Maybe it's irrational, I don't know, it was over a month ago when I saw it so I can't properly display my opinion on it. And especially when I heard that in some countries 'Captain America' was taken out of the title for political reasons (animosity towards the US, I suppose), I just felt really embarrassed, like people were laughing at us. I'm not embarrassed of my country, but I don't exactly like our stereotypes and how negatively the world views us, and how foreigners seem to just hate us for being American, like we somehow slandered them personally.

So here I am, complaining over the internet. LOL /SHOT.

But on much lighter terms, I hope you enjoyed yourself in the states! :D Ah my gawwwwd I want to go to Europe SO FUCKING BAD. YOU EUROPEANS ARE SO. FUCKING. COOL. and totally badass! Not to mention you dress SO much better (though I do like my comfy casual stuff). I swear to god I have anglophilia, I just fucking love everything about you Brits! I won't pester you with a million questions though (trying to be a somewhat mindful American) so I'll just wrap up saying I LOVE your writing! :)