Reviews for One of US
This tore into my heart.
Diurnal Days chapter 1 . 10/14/2015
Ooh. Captain America sure got America himself good there - but with good reason. America was being pretty bratty and spoiled, haha.
It's a very interesting idea to think that America is the personification of the good and the bad about the US of A, and that Captain America is pieced together from the good. Again, very well-written and beautifully thought out story, as usual.
I'd love to have a friend like Narroch who can tolerate my shenanigans as well as she does with you, though. XD
briana.schmidt1 chapter 1 . 5/21/2015
XD you should totally do that. That sounds like a fun story
Black Kaitou chapter 1 . 8/14/2014
This was a awesome story, and had some good points in it.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 6/25/2014
...you know... When America being told he's arrogant and ignorant and whatever bad sound he is, i was kinda upset... And i'm not even American... And i'm mostly almost always on England's side...

But right now, i kinda in America's side...

Well, America should be relief i guess since Captain America not die yet actually...
theawesomeisadora chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
omg, the first time i watched Captain America I thought "if they make a movie about hetalia, this guy just HAS to be America!" THEY LOOK EXACTLY ALIKE! I loved the fic, too!
cipheranalysist chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
I've been looking for a crossover like this, and the character interaction deserves a thumbs up and a good fit of laughter. ;)
Diana360 chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
I always love reading this story! It's just so awesome. I could totally see America in Captain America and in the Avengers.(I saw Captain America just because of Hetalia. :D)
SafetyScissors chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
This was both hilarious (she-you, bahaha. Peggy was remarkably well, British) well written, and sorta…philosophical. It's nice that you appearently arent from America-I always feel bad writing my nation anything less than perfect.

Good job! Thank you so much for writing it.
invisibleink1834 chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
When I first saw Captain America, I thought he looked exactly like Alfred, so I loved this fic :)
TheUn-AwesomeMe chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
This is actually a really good concept to consider, and interesting as well.

I think it was very Alfred-like to be jealous of Cap. America, and I found it amusing how they got their names confused.

Also, I had been waiting for England to sock him one already. He was taking his time for the right moment...bu least he did-America was being a pretty big jerk.
KaleidoscopeKreation chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Oh.

Gosh.

This is an absolutely fantastic crossover. Really, I love it. Just... meeep, it's heartfelt and tragic, and angst-ridden, but it made me laugh out loud in places too... And all the points that you made are great. Just great.

I have one word of criticism for an otherwise flawless fic: At the end, you gave America a kind-sorta-speech about the nations and Captain America and so on. It was brilliant and emotional, BUT (there's always a but) it somehow didn't seem like America's tone. It seemed too premeditated and precise. I know that at that point in a fic, it's nice to have a really meaningful speech, but somehow, it didn't seem IC to have America skewer the point like that. But that's me nit-picking. Just sayin'.

I'm glad that you had a good time in America. Which states did you see? North? South? Coast? Prairie? I'm curious now. And you're right that Hetalia just makes everything laughable. It may be immature, but gosh, it's just SO MUCH FUN. And heck, we all need a bit of fun in our lives. So there.

Keep up the good work! *sounds unintentionally patronising*

Izzy

PS: I didn't see at Expo. D: Pity. I bet that your cosplay was great.
natcat5 chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Wow. I've never watched the movie but I really enjoyed this! It was kind of humorous at first, then kind of sad with how rude Alfres was acting, and then /really/ sad. I was glad of America's revelation at the end. It was very profound (should have expected nothing less from you).

Oh yeah, just came from Solitaire. Should have known it was you by the sheer amazingness of that story. You really write the best, most unique, most enthralling stories. Especially USUK. ( I really need to read the rest of them already! )
Narroch chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
I'm still peeved that this silly site ate my reviews. Though, I think it might have been just me/my account/my computer since everyone else's seemed to go through. :/

ANYWAY. This fic. Thank you for writing it and including all the weird meta-y goodness that was ALL OVER that movie! (in 3D, with our double cupcakes XD) I'm glad you included the last section, when America's childishness is somewhat explained (I'm a country, both the good and the BAD) because otherwise even I was like, GOD! America! Stop being such a twat! XD

And good ol Cap wasn't even phased, such a good whole-grain hero!

Thanks for dedicating the fic to me, with all the driving we did together, seeing England name-places in America, hehehehe... (Now if only we could crank out some Pangaya, hmm? X3)
TheCoventryConundrum chapter 1 . 9/9/2011