Reviews for One Man's Island
ILoveHarryJamesPotter chapter 7 . 9/14/2013
This series is amazing :) Looking forward to reading the rest!
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 9/11/2013
I do hope Ginny Weasley fetches a clue and realizes where Snape's true loyalties lie. It's true that the Headmaster has a house elf, which is more than he had in canon, but it would be dreadful for him to be as alone as he was in canon.

Yes, Snape will do anything he can to protect those who need it.

Unlike his predecessor, I might add.

But who will protect him?
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 8/24/2013
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this fanfic, and I believe I wept almost as often as I did while reading the original books. That is a compliment, by the way. It tells how deeply I "burrowed" into your characters and how willingly I let go of what I already knew to follow where you led.

I would like to say one thing: Please write your own book. You have a "voice" that is truly able to engage the reader on a deep level. I would buy and read book written by you. Thank you for your story.
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 8/23/2013
Dang! Ginny's pretty plucky, isn't she? I wonder if Snape is starting to wish Neville had gone with Harry. I guess not ... he knows Neville is needed where he is.

Love the song. Thank you for introducing me to Allison Moorer. I'm officially a fan.
rusulka7 chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
I just found you from Potions and Snitches and was lamenting the lack of the next in your Moment of impact series.. Im so excited! Two more! This is going to be a very lazy weekend, i think!
Laurel.mia chapter 7 . 4/17/2013
Hi, I have read all your stories and they are all really good, very detailed, and all the characters and their personalities are wonderfully placed. Thank you for your devotion and your time to the stories.

Just a minor note: OMI Chapter 7, Paragraph 2 : Patils' twin sister Padma was gone the next day, with Hannah Abbott and Justin Finch-Fletchley from Hufflepuff. Justin was a muggleborn, so he wouldn't have been in the school that year. I would suggest Ernie Macmillian instead...He's pure-blood if I'm not wrong.

Oh, and I know it may be difficult to write, but is there any way the final battle in OMI can be conveyed? In canon, Harry was not close to Severus, so whatever Voldermort taunted Severus Harry would calmly rebuke everything he said, but I wouldn't put it past a Harry or even Minerva worrying about Severus' condition not to explode or even feel heartbroken internally when Voldermort says something like "I killed Severus Snape 3 hours ago...!"
KiwiClover chapter 10 . 4/11/2013
As many times as I have read this story and its fellows (and I've done so several times now), I never cease to be moved to tears. You have an understanding of these characters that is so rare to see in fanfiction, and an unequaled ability to share their thoughts, their motivations, and their so incredibly *human* reactions in a completely engaging way. Everything from the dialogue to the body language of your Severus is spot-on perfect - not a caricature, but a flesh-and-blood man with emotion, with habits and personality quirks, with faults, with tempers, but also compassion, humor and so, so much love.

Starting with Moment of Impact, throughout Regards, Harry, and walking with Severus on this lonely journey of his first year as Headmaster in One Man's Island (and now beyond 7th year in the stories following this one)...this set of stories has been a thoroughly enjoyable read. Certainly amongst my favorites (I did say I've read them more than once!)

So, in summary, thank you, very, very much for sharing this story and the others in the Moment of Impact arc. Well done indeed! And now I need another tissue...
MuggleCreator chapter 10 . 4/10/2013
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful stuff!
Those songs...
Guest chapter 6 . 3/2/2013
This story should have many many more reviews! LOVELY!
SSilverDoe chapter 10 . 2/7/2013
You reminded me recently that I hadn't listened to Les Miserables for a while. I thought maybe because of several references in your writing it would be worthwhile playing it when reading. I was listening to the Original London cast recording where I believe Valjean is played by Colm Wilkinson but once I got to Bring Him Home I've had to turn it off.
Your writing and these songs are now completely enmeshed together in my mind. The song Bring Him Home plays and my heart now breaks for Severus and I can't see to read.
You write the heartache of a parent for their child so intensely poignantly that I have been quite pathetic.
Thank you.
Guest in Europe chapter 10 . 2/3/2013
I have never left a review before, so I'm not sure how this works - not being a logged in member of the site. That aside, I discovered your series Moment of Impact and subsequent stories last year and am just re-reading. One Man's Island has me in bits - I love it and weep and ache for Severus. Your writing is just beautiful in this story. I am holding off starting the final story of the return to school after the Summer of Flotsam and Jetsom, as I will wait until it's complete. I couldn't bear to get all caught up in it and then maybe not find the ending! Still, I hugely look forward to reading it eventually. Thank you
GOF 1989 chapter 10 . 12/23/2012
I just read this story over again. I love your whole series, but this one is my favorite. All of your stories make me think, smile, occasionally laugh, and often, cry. Your writing is brilliant.
Fmh chapter 10 . 11/30/2012
Lovely not too maudlin but very sensitive thank you
Fmh chapter 9 . 11/30/2012
Fantastic chapter but is Harry a hour crux and how will Severus react to that?
Fmh chapter 8 . 11/29/2012