Reviews for Almost Was Good Enough
TurtleChiChi chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
What a beautiful piece. You truly have a talent )
Please update the story! I'm totally hooked!
Etchers chapter 3 . 1/14/2013
I re-read this a second time just now. I read it before on live journal and I must say, I truly adore your work. You're a natural talent with such a brilliant handle on the English language. If you look at the profile page, I even have a quote from this story on it from a while ago.

I hope you finish this story one-day, as I do want to see what happens but I also understand if you have other obligations, I know what being a writer is like.

Anyway, beautifully written. A true work of art.
just a long time fan chapter 3 . 6/12/2012
Every so often I check back here to see if there have been any updates and I've come to accept the sporadic if not hiatus update rate.

No pressure and I don't even know if you are reading this Miss? Quillslinger, but I pine for continuing chapters to this beautiful (when are your works not beautiful?) fic more than you can imagine.

I wish I could read your ending to this brilliant beginning. I am loving the cruel ache of past betrayal and hints of a persisting love that years cannot abate? How I missed your works miss!
Emiitan chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
This is all amazing. You're amazing, as all of these lovely reviewers have reiterated. Your style is nothing short of breathtaking. Sometimes, there are authors who have good plot, but not good characters or diction; there are authors who have good diction but not characters or plot; there are authors with good characters but not good plot or diction; and then there are Quillslingers, who have godly diction, plot, and characters. Thank you so, so much for sharing with us your beautiful work.
Brizelle chapter 3 . 12/28/2011
My dearest author, might I just first and foremost say that I am in love with all of your stories? But I am so sad that you have not updated this wonderful story for a while. It's truly beautiful and Itachi and Shisui's relationship have me hooked. I hope to find out what happens after this, whether or not Itachi's still in love with Shisui and so on. I hope that I'm not being pushy but please do update soon.
Vaako chapter 3 . 12/16/2011
whoa! Cool fic, kinda intense. I like it and I can't wait to read more into this maze of memories and present. it's very interesting and I am rootin for Shisui ;)
peaches chapter 3 . 11/26/2011
That was BEE-OO-TI-FUL! Please update! I am very much anticipating the development of this story!
raindigo chapter 3 . 10/22/2011
i am loving this like you have no idea

Also am a stalker who is de-anoning OTL
Darla chapter 3 . 9/21/2011
In a word: amazing. I don't know how you always hook me into these things, but the three chapters you have up are not enough. I love the way you characterize Shisui and Itachi - the way it could be so perfect but there's always something in the way. I love their grandmother, and how her antagonism never seems forced or made up; it's perfectly balanced. I never think, 'Oh, the author's just throwing stumbling blocks in their way,' - it seems so natural. I love it. Also Sasuke cracks me up and Hinata is amazing. So yeah. More soon please?
the letter kaye chapter 3 . 9/15/2011
I am a fan of your writing style! Keep it up. Also, love your characterization of Itachi thus far. It's a nice break to hear him described as maladjusted for once.
shisui-kun chapter 3 . 9/12/2011
Oh god. I'm dying. Itachi's finally showed up and what happened between him and Shisui has finally been revealed. And now I can't breathe. I can't wait for the next chapter. I'll be holding my breath till then.
orealy chapter 3 . 9/12/2011
human interaction: delicater than words, usually, but you have it the other way around

it's confounding in my head-place

also: you have to stop breaking my heart with these stories, like seriously
RougeAngleOfSatin chapter 3 . 9/12/2011
And yet another chapter of wonderful AUness :D
Lou chapter 3 . 9/11/2011
I like it! Always, your Shisui and Itachi is so unique and beautiful to know. I like their dynamics and the closest-to-realism you try that other writers often overlook. It's the small details that make the bigger picture. Really, you do a helluva good job at that. I love that Shisui hates Shizuka, but of course, it's deeper than just plain hate now that she is dead. The reunion moment between Hinata and Shisui was brilliant. I love Hinata so seeing her well makes me happy. Itachi and Shisui talking are wonderfully awkward. I felt it showed their strained past. I liked that Shisui found in his memory-Sasuke place was a real different person. It shows that things have changed.

One thing I find that takes away from this story (although it's probably just me) is that it seems the characters are not as developed as they should be. It's probably just that you have only three chapters so far and it will develop further with more to come. However, I feel like there are things missing or things I would expect to see but aren't there (yet?). For example, how did the rest of the Uchiha family take to Shisui and Itachi being together if they found out at all? How did their grandmother find out about them? And things like that. I'm probably getting ahead of myself here thought! I do really like the balance you have with Shisui and being in the present trying to forget his past. I hope this is a long story, it’s very promising.
shisui-kun chapter 2 . 9/10/2011
Oh goodness, I'm laughing at the idea of Itachi not being able to keep his mouth shut and spilling the beans on Shisui sleeping with that other dude. This is great. I can't wait for more .