Reviews for What's In A Smile?
Phoenix51 chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Awesome!
burrito-meat chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
That was so sweet, I loved it.
Skysong101 chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
That's so sweet!
whitebengal14 chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Awww... these two... :D

I like how... complicated (?Is that a good word?) their love seems. I mean, it just seems deep-ish and complicated...ish... I need to go to bed. _

All awkward wording aside, I enjoyed this story. :D It was really sweet. :3
Nerdy Ninja in Training chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
I loved this:)
Kirrae chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
You may not find it to be true for everyone, but I can say that a bittersweet drabble like this is completely asterous. In the best way, because it's more real. It has pain that underlies the happiness, it's just a bit broken and twisted but all the brighter for it.

I'm, for one, glad that you decided to post this here, because it works incredibly well.

I really enjoyed the commentary on Dick's smile at the end, it presents a side of Dick Grayson that is often overwritten or completely ignored, far too often. Especially when writing him as Nightwing. It's just too easy to cast him as perennially happy (because he is probably the happiest of the batclan), but Nightwing exists because of personal pain and torment, much like Robin, and that just makes it all the more poignant. Unlike Bruce who had that one moment of watching his parents die to spur him into becoming Batman, Dick has far too many alter identities (Robin, Nightwing, Batman, Renegade) that all stem from tragedy and death (metaphorical in some, physical in most), and I love that you presented that through his smile, because it's one of his trademarks.

Yet you also avoided dwelling on his issues, which there are far too many of, and that also works on a sort of canonical level, because despite everything, he just accepts it (after some much needed angsting), works with it, and keeps moving. I could go on forever about how great it is to work with a character that refuses to be stuck anywhere, but that'd be pointless, as you do a great job of making sure he isn't static.

The phrase "haggard beauty" is incredibly apt in this case, just poetic enough to be painful.

- Kirrae
hpgirl4ever chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Aww, very sweet! D
because i can chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
that was hot and didnt leave my eyes burning bravo no brava
Val-Creative chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
I still found it sweet and very emotion-driven and I like it a lot. _ They're so cuuuute.
N O LONGER IN USE GDI chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Hnnnnngh. Already freaked out on this but jsksjd GUHHHH so ffffff *flips desks* Nightwing FTW. *_*

It's amaaaaaziiiiiing. *_* Thank youuuu. ;u; 333333
Jinx1313 chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
AWWW! that was awesome! i love the way they fell 4 each other, now if only that happened in the real show. Hmmm... well i can only imagine ;). anyways that was awesome, UR awesome, thanks 4 uploading this and keep up the good work.

-Jinx1313-
TheWickedWizardOfOz chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
At first, I couldn't figure out what the significance the title had. And then the ending came, and I was like: "OMG THAT'S MEANINGFUL AND DEEP!" D I hope that's what you were going for, beacuse if you were Congratulations~ You achieved it!

And along the way, it was just full of emotion, passion, and /love/. I loved it so much! Your description was simple, effective and AMAZING

If I were Dick or Wally, and had that amazing sex with Wally or Dick, I'd die in those 6 months without it XD ITS JUST SO BEAUTIFUL; even if it's the nitty, gritty, dirty SEX, ITS JUST SO BEAUTIFUL.

"...eyes as friendly as when they were young, with love that had lasted throughout the years and wounds and scars." An example of the simple yet amazing writing. It's simple, because it doesn't go into detail, and amazing because it doesn't need too~

I loved the fact that you stated that it wasn't a fairy tale romance, that even though they seemed to be doing one thing, it was in fact the opposite.

I also like that you said they were vulnerable. As superheroes, they have to be invulnerable, yet as people, as friends, as lovers they are vulnerable; so, that was a nice contrast. One that you probably didn't intend to make, yet was picked upon by someone who suffers from seeing seemingly disconnected things as connected (Like the Question)

-TWWOO
MyLittleBird chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
I love stories like this; with the really cutsie moments.
MistressOfRobins chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
This was very touching. Deep and lovely written. I adore the way you describe their feelnigs toward one andoter as well as portraying their relationship as Flash and Nightwing. I actually requested a fic where Wally is Flash and Dick is Nightwing and together, so reading this made me truly happy.

Good job!