Reviews for Wizard Behind the Wheel
Estralde chapter 1 . 12/9/2020
Love this. And I would love to see how more consequences play out. Harry would get burned for initially hiding the instigator... Hermione would hit the roof. Fantastic little character study.
Quihi chapter 1 . 11/10/2020
Ooh, I really enjoyed this. It answers some questions that should really be answered - you can't just change things with no consequences. It's unfortunate that it had to go so far in this fic, but it's all very plausible. I do think it's unfortunate that it wasn't wrapped up a bit more - even something like, "three days later, the Obliviators were finally finished, having modified the memories of 87 Muggles" would have been nice. And honestly, had Ron instead modified the employee's and manager's memories so he was fired mistakenly rather than not fired at all, this probably would have been a lot simpler to clean up while retaining the same moral issue, but it might not have illustrated the overarching problem and consequences so well. Anyway! Great gapfiller, I really like how this fits in and includes the Obliviators that we never got to see much of.
infinite eternity chapter 1 . 8/7/2020
It’s amazing how you made an entire fic from what most people probably just took as a throwaway line! It was really interesting to see how they dealt with the breach. Thanks for writing!
Ibskib chapter 1 . 5/5/2020
The flashbacks feel kinda pointless when they aren't leading up to anything except showing that the victim told plenty of people.
And that one of them might be Dennis Creevey.
As it stands the story doesn't work all that well, it's just a fragment. There's a build-up, but no narrative climax and no catharsis/completion.
Harrison chapter 1 . 1/12/2020
I like Ron...but Harry really should have nailed him with something lethal (preferably not an unforgivable...maybe Sectesumpra?). That to me is the best way to cover up a statute of secrecy breach, in addition to obliviating the muggles involved, is killing the offender, so they can't breach the statute again.
MarieJGranger chapter 1 . 11/10/2019
This is very well done. Ron’s actions in the epilogue are deplorable and this story explores that very well.
mikkelibob chapter 1 . 11/7/2019
delightful!
dude356 chapter 1 . 9/3/2019
This is something that I wish had happened in canon. Instead, it kinda gets brushed off as "Ron being Ron, the loveable idiot". There are just too many things that I don't think Ron would be able to handle well living in the muggle world and something like this would not only be a breach of the Statute of Secrecy, but would also have the potential for other people to get hurt/killed. All because he was too lazy to take the test the right way.

I kinda wish this story had gone on a bit longer just to see the fallout from Ron's decision to double-down on his original decision/action and Harry's subsequent decision to place him on leave, pending investigation. As a Harmony shipper, I'd be remiss if I didn't wish that the fallout including Hermione viewing this as the last straw with Ron, Ginny closing ranks with her brother and Harry & Hermione ultimately ending up together, but I enjoyed this fic as it was too.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/17/2019
I enjoyed your story. You’re correct in that there indeed are consequences for wrongs and they should be dealt with, and many times are not easy. This story starts quite well and continuing seems it would be painful because the relationships are tight, the standards high and the infraction great. Real life stories are the best. Wonder what the subplots could be? Dennis Creevy was a wonderful insert, add Luna for a bit of fun.
jlluh chapter 1 . 4/20/2019
Really good fic addressing something that has bothered me so CE I first read it.
Caddi chapter 1 . 4/19/2019
thank you for writing and publishing!
Hetc chapter 1 . 2/2/2019
This is great. Actions have consequences. While I love HP, JKR sometimes seems oblivious to the seriousness of some things:obliviation, love potions, some of the twins ' pranks-putting someone in a vanishing cabinet, taking muggle born children away from their families with minimal preparation or follow up. Well done, Harry. Right isn't easy, and no, Ron does NOT get it.
zekses chapter 1 . 8/24/2018
I like it but it sucks that it just ends
Guest chapter 1 . 6/14/2017
I actually endorse racism in the magical world.
From a purely scientific viewpoint that is.

According to Rowling Magic is genetic.
According to Rowling having the Magic gene does not carry any 'ill effects'.
According to Rowling having the Magic gene means that you are able to do magic which casually lets you abuse and obliterate any and all laws of nature.
This means that people with magic are superior to muggles.
Q.E.D.

So yeah, death eaters are stupid about it, but they have the right idea.
Because no matter how dominant your gene is.
If the population has enough non carriers it will be bred out of that population.
So to make sure magic keeps on existing they should implement some sort of breeding program.

That would, eventually, make space faring far easier.
It's a bit of an extreme standpoint.
But it would be for the greater good.
Laverock chapter 1 . 4/1/2017
The only problem I had with the epilogue was Ron having just passed the driving test by using a Confundus Charm. As the husband of a Muggle-born witch and the son of Arthur Weasley, he should have passed the test (honestly) over a decade ago.