Reviews for Wizard Behind the Wheel
Harrison chapter 1 . 1/12
I like Ron...but Harry really should have nailed him with something lethal (preferably not an unforgivable...maybe Sectesumpra?). That to me is the best way to cover up a statute of secrecy breach, in addition to obliviating the muggles involved, is killing the offender, so they can't breach the statute again.
MarieJGranger chapter 1 . 11/10/2019
This is very well done. Ron’s actions in the epilogue are deplorable and this story explores that very well.
mikkelibob chapter 1 . 11/7/2019
delightful!
dude356 chapter 1 . 9/3/2019
This is something that I wish had happened in canon. Instead, it kinda gets brushed off as "Ron being Ron, the loveable idiot". There are just too many things that I don't think Ron would be able to handle well living in the muggle world and something like this would not only be a breach of the Statute of Secrecy, but would also have the potential for other people to get hurt/killed. All because he was too lazy to take the test the right way.

I kinda wish this story had gone on a bit longer just to see the fallout from Ron's decision to double-down on his original decision/action and Harry's subsequent decision to place him on leave, pending investigation. As a Harmony shipper, I'd be remiss if I didn't wish that the fallout including Hermione viewing this as the last straw with Ron, Ginny closing ranks with her brother and Harry & Hermione ultimately ending up together, but I enjoyed this fic as it was too.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/17/2019
I enjoyed your story. You’re correct in that there indeed are consequences for wrongs and they should be dealt with, and many times are not easy. This story starts quite well and continuing seems it would be painful because the relationships are tight, the standards high and the infraction great. Real life stories are the best. Wonder what the subplots could be? Dennis Creevy was a wonderful insert, add Luna for a bit of fun.
jlluh chapter 1 . 4/20/2019
Really good fic addressing something that has bothered me so CE I first read it.
Caddi chapter 1 . 4/19/2019
thank you for writing and publishing!
Hetc chapter 1 . 2/2/2019
This is great. Actions have consequences. While I love HP, JKR sometimes seems oblivious to the seriousness of some things:obliviation, love potions, some of the twins ' pranks-putting someone in a vanishing cabinet, taking muggle born children away from their families with minimal preparation or follow up. Well done, Harry. Right isn't easy, and no, Ron does NOT get it.
zekses chapter 1 . 8/24/2018
I like it but it sucks that it just ends
Guest chapter 1 . 6/14/2017
I actually endorse racism in the magical world.
From a purely scientific viewpoint that is.

According to Rowling Magic is genetic.
According to Rowling having the Magic gene does not carry any 'ill effects'.
According to Rowling having the Magic gene means that you are able to do magic which casually lets you abuse and obliterate any and all laws of nature.
This means that people with magic are superior to muggles.
Q.E.D.

So yeah, death eaters are stupid about it, but they have the right idea.
Because no matter how dominant your gene is.
If the population has enough non carriers it will be bred out of that population.
So to make sure magic keeps on existing they should implement some sort of breeding program.

That would, eventually, make space faring far easier.
It's a bit of an extreme standpoint.
But it would be for the greater good.
Laverock chapter 1 . 4/1/2017
The only problem I had with the epilogue was Ron having just passed the driving test by using a Confundus Charm. As the husband of a Muggle-born witch and the son of Arthur Weasley, he should have passed the test (honestly) over a decade ago.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/28/2017
I remember another story similar to this. The difference is that you have Harry acting responsibly, and I find that very nice to see.
Right What Is Wrong chapter 1 . 1/18/2017
Yeah, I actually like Ron, but the Epilogue was an utter wallbanger. Then again, I regard DH!Ron as a character desperately trying to get out of a story that's gone completely off the rails and getting dragged back because JKR still has uses for him. Really, anyone would walk off the set if they'd read ahead and knew they were expected to speak Parseltongue based off of a five-year-old memory of hearing it once...

This is a nice take on that bit of Epilogue stupidity. I think my all-time favorite was a Snape/Hermione Epilogue-compliant fic that started with Hermione weeping about Ron just having died in a car accident. Apparently he forgot to look in the side mirror...
jeanette9a chapter 1 . 9/21/2016
if he only checked the mirrors, this could have been prevented. XD silly Ron.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/9/2016