Reviews for First and Last
Ginevra Annabeth Herondale chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
This was REALLY good! I love this Adrian POV and just everything about it! I love Sydrian soooo much! It makes me so happy to know that Adrian found the person that complements him so well, especially after how LS ended with him! :(
sheerio4ever chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
Aww :)
tamara chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
This is one of the best one-shots of Sydrian that I've ever read. It's absolutely beautiful.
spilledinks chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
This is the best ever
Clovewithknives chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
i cannot even explain how much i love this! i never really liked sydney and adrian because of adrian and rose, but i kinda love them now haha
snowqueens chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
This is wonderful, sweetie :)
goldenlilly chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Wow. That's all I can write now. Wow.
Such an awsome Adrian in your story, such an unusual one.
The way you describe his relationship with Sydney just made me cry and laugh and shiver in the same time.
And: ''When the Alchemists try to take her away, when his father rages at him, when even open minded Vasilisa Dragomir stares at him in shock he wonders, just for second, if he'll be left heart broken again.''- that was like one of the best quotes from VA/Bloodlines ff I have ever read.
And eding, which killed me.
You're a fantastic writer.
born to lose 7 chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
You are an amazingly talented writer. Go write a novel, now. You just made me cry. I loved it.
Akemi Ryuji chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
Awwwwwwwwwww...
dayuuuumgirl chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
That's so sweet. the lake portion made me laugh at first
Bemyquerida chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
Oh wow this is beautiful, you managed to capture adrian and convey such emotion that i was feeling what he was feeling too! Amazing!
WitchyCloudpine chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
This is so angsty and awesome. I just want to hug Adrian. He's my favorite!
Amles80 chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
This is absolutelt wonderful. You have captured Adrian so well and you make me FEEL everything! This is so heartbreaking, especially the parts about the lake and Rose, and then... with Sydney... there is HOPE. Beautiful, beautiful!
rosaxx50 chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Most of the time when I peek into the VA archive I'm glad I made the decision to RUN AWAY AND NEVER LOOK BACK, but thiiiis story. I'm so very happy I broke my anti-VA fic rule to read it, because it is all sorts of gorgeous and amazing and so very Adrian. Your writing style is very clean, very succinct, with all these perfect small touches. (Also, confession: I have such a weakness for five-times or ten-times etc. sort of fics.)

I loved how you surrounded the earlier loves with romantic imagery in the traditional sense ("cootie" among kids, writing their names in notebooks, even very dramatic alcohol, diamond rings) and then tore it all apart. I've always thought Adrian really IS a romantic, wrote a meta once about how focused he was when in love. The devil-may-care, or so he would claim, aspect of his character came out so well, too. And Adrian/Rose... I'm still something of an Adrian/Rose shipper when I read the early VA books, but you've brought up all the dark and dysfunctional sides of Adrian/Rose up. That line about drinking her blood just breaks my heart, because it hits so true, and ditto with never making her happy the way Dimitri did.

"For what he thinks will be the last time, because nothing could come close, his heart breaks in his chest. He drinks and smokes and for the first time since he begun he cries over his pain and Spirit crushes him just that little bit further."

This line. Just amazing.

And as for Adrian/Sydney, I love how vague you've made it. The tidbits about the Alchemists and the queen, those are things I'm SURE will come up in the next books, and won't invalidate this story (which I am very pleased about, because then I can come back and reread again and again :D). But the struggle you've described for Sydney, the creeping feelings for Adrian, that's exactly what I imagine waits for them. And Syyyyydney. As much as I love the aspects of Adrian you've brought up, lines like "always trying to fit what she was feeling into a box with a bow" just bring her to life here. That is Sydney, wrapped up in lyrical prose. As much as I ship Adrian/Sydney (and I do enough to have made an overly long post once talking about my favourite moments for them in Bloodlines) I simply adore how understated it is in this story. Because the thing about Adrian and Sydney is that their friendship is so strong, y'know? But anyway, I thought you wrote them perfectly in-character.

tl;dr. Just. A stunning story altogether. Do you mind if I rec it in that top-ten Adrian/Sydney moments post I mentioned?
GoldenMorning chapter 1 . 3/27/2012